routines: don't over think it. Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

routines: don't over think it. Tuesday

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:13 am

Hello all.

How are your routines working for you?

Do you have a routine? how is your morning routine?

Is it a simple routine where you have a small basic idea of what you should do before you head out the door.
Or have you made it so difficult - that you have made your morning routine a fantasy image of a 1950 housewife (tv and advertising) or the Little house on the prairie mom?

Is your Morning routine consistent (as much as possible)?

For today don't over goal and just do a simple morning routine. The morning routine helps your day fall into place!

have a great day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: routines: don't over think it. Tuesday

Postby Nancy » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:42 am

A big thank you to every one for all the birthday greetings yeasterday you gals rock!
Trash is at the curb.
I have swept the bathrooms.
Trash is back from the curb.
I got a pen pal letter off in the mail.
Took a break and then got gping again with some thing I usually do on Mon.

Got the living room dusted and vacuumed plus I emptied the vacuum canister.
I need a plan for dinner. Got a plan now!
H. Just called and he is on his way.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:10 pm, edited 6 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:06 am

good morning d nancy!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:06 am

almost done with morning routine.
need to call the hospital for d mom

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:18 pm

check in.
i finished d mom's paperwork
waiting for the nurse to call with directions
did my laundry room work for today. I took the day off yesterday.
morning routine done.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:06 pm

bathroom floors washed and steamed
swish and swipe done in the bathrooms
most of home blessing done. I need to dust as well as vacuum bedrooms upstairs and vacuum the family room.
dh has cancelled his surgery for removal of his port - the anxiety was overwhelming him. He also lost a tooth.
poor guy has been beyond stressed.
He should get it out but at least next year he will be on medicare.

heading out for a hair cut appointment.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:15 pm

Wow, we're very slow here today. I had to be at the cardiologist's at 8:30 this morning then across the street for an hour of rehab. Went to a class on heart attacks/angina at 10. On to B J ' s to get gas after that and got home about 11:45. Made lunch, tried to watch the rest of a movie and my eyelids kept closing. So, just went for a 25-minute walk. Now up to 6,750 steps. My plan is to go again in a couple of hours but maybe only 15 minutes or so.

When I went in to get the monitor on, Tracy said she hadn't been sure whether to put it on me or not. She'd gotten a note from rehab on my heartbeats and blood pressure through last week. Both are doing very well. For instance (mind you I've been off this second BP medicine for about 10 days or so) was only 112/68. Have to ask why that is so. Is it because my heart is beating faster and a better blood supply? I sure don't know the answer. Only know that for the most part I feel better and more energetic than I have in a very long time. If this med has been the cause it's too bad it wasn't discovered long ago. Though you'd think they would have detected it while I was in the hospital on a constant monitor.

Only know I'm trying harder & harder to do all I can to eat right and exercise as much as possible. Can't do any more than that.

Have a pork chop - a very large/thick pork chop- marinating for dinner. RVer who dh used to drive the truck to FL for brought him 6 ears of corn today. We'll each have at least an ear of that. This corn is absolutely the BEST. Don't know how they grow it differently but they always have delicious corn.

DS-R and DDIL are on their way back from the NASCAR race at Darlington. Left there about 8:30am Monday. Around Winston-Salem they had a blow out on their fifth wheel. Took out skirting and the bumper flare over the tire as well as their LP tubing for their RV. Got the tire fixed and then went to an RV place in VA (I'm surprised they were open). They didn't have the tube they needed for the LP so they went to L owe's, got it and fixed that. Then last evening around Winchester, VA they had another blow out. Waited for help to come via their insurance. Never came. A State Trooper stopped and red lighted them to a shopping plaza for the night. As it happened there was a Good Year store in the same plaza where they ordered 2 tires this morning. Had to wait a few hours for them to be delivered. Last I heard from them they were around Williamsport, PA. Hopefully they'll make it now. Think that was around an hour ago or so. Said they're taking the 5th wheel home to unpack and attack a mountain of laundry. I mentioned our favorite term, Mt. Washmore. At least that made her laugh.

Thinking of your dh, Blessed. How long has he had that port in anyway?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:45 pm

Hi everyone. Today is a very worrisome day. A few years ago, I had an investment account set up through a Voya agent. I need a synopsis of the info for my appointment with my financial advisor today. I have left voice mails and emails, no answer. I called Voya for info (the agent is on their site). They don't have an account for me because the agent went with a different company. Apparently there are numerous companies with "Jackson" in the name and they cannot (or will not) help me find my money. When I asked what I should do if the money is gone, they hung up on me. We are talking about a 6 digit figure here. My financial advisor has last year's paperwork and we are going to try to contact them from his office. I was never given any web account access, which should have been a huge red flag. The last thing I got from them was a prospectus with no info specific to me.

That was the big thing I needed to get done, and obviously I have not done it. I did get LOLs done and half put away and half the animal org minutes done. Then I got hit with a migraine. The animal org meeting is tomorrow, so the minutes will get done tonight.

I should eat, but I don't feel too well right now. Stress makes me lose my appetite.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:57 pm

Blessed - Thanks for the start and the reminder about routines. Routines are what keep me sane. Without my routine SHE cards I quickly get overwhelmed, bogged down and discouraged.

My morning has proceeded smoothly. I was up around 6am and on the treadmill until the alarm went off to wake DGD8 and DS11. Then it is a race to get them dressed, breakfast made/fed, DGD8 hair brushed/fixed and delivered to school at 7:40am.

After delivering DGD8 to school, I came back home and took the trash to the road with DS11 help.

Then we started to homeschool. We have completed 15 assignments. Since we are starting back after a 6 days break I needed to stay right with DS11 to keep him on track. Taking frequent breaks with activity is absolutely necessary and then getting him focused to return to schoolwork. I have given the last 2 assignments to DS11 to finish on his own. Being this close to the end of school will be motivation enough to keep him on track.

Piano lessons are in 1.5 hours so hopefully, DS11 will push himself to finish schoolwork before going to that.

DH arrived home around 9am from being with his DMom all night. I asked DH how much sleep he got and he said "None. She didn't go to sleep and kept walking around the house confused and agitated." We discussed several ideas and things that need to change, but the first thing priority is to get DH some sleep. He laid down in his clothes and immediately fell asleep. He was exhausted. DSIL is with DMIL while DH sleeps. I hope DMIL can get back to where she was mentally just a week ago. DMIL has been doing sooo good and making consistent improvements. Hopefully, this is just a bump in the road and not a complete disaster.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:16 pm

(((Elizabeth)))) yes, most definitely worrisome but hopefully it can be solved with having the account number and finding a knowledgable person at Voya.

My experience with Voya - In the 4 years that we have lived in this home, we have been receiving quarterly reports from Voya addressed to a lady that lived in this house a couple of decades ago. I've talked to the last 2 occupants of this house and they said the Voya quarterly reports had been coming in the mail the whole time they lived here. They couldn't find a way to make them stop. I have marked the letters and returned them to Voya but nothing changes. I contacted Voya through email without success. Voya response is total silence. I have gone public on FB looking for anyone with information about this person. I did locate her adult son but he denied that she had an account with Voya. Who know what the truth is? Not me. After spending hours trying to find an answer, I've given up and just throw the Voya quarterly statements in the trash.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”