Wacky Wednesday - Sweet Memories

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Wacky Wednesday - Sweet Memories

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:01 am

Every time I hear the word "Wacky" I think of a very dear SHE that used to post on the old SHE board. I have such fond memories of that time.

If you have a few moments I would love to hear some of your SHE memories.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Wacky Wednesday - Sweet Memories

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:07 am

I'm on a 10 minute break so can't stay long.

My morning has went smoothly. I slept well and had my personal AM cards done by 7am. Had DGD8 up, dressed, fed, hair fixed and delivered to school by 7:40. When I got back home I washed DS11 hair in the kitchen sink.

I don't understand why DS11 can't get his hair clean. He washes it every day when he takes a shower but it never looks clean.

A new feature showed up on my Fitbit dashboard today. Sleep Score! At first, I was disappointed in my score of 85 until I read that the average score is 77 - 84. I want to learn more about what affects that score. Competing against myself!

Time to get homeschool kicked off and going.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:43 am

Have to look at my f it b it and see if that score is now available on mine, Lady M.
he will be learning the life skill of how to clean the garage.
I love consequences that have learning curves! :)

Yes DDIL was very glad to get home, Lucylee! DS-R called dh late last night to ask for the number of our 'go to' RV guy. Wants him to look the RV over to see what he thinks the repair bill might be. If he thinks it's near their deductible he doesn't want to put in an insurance claim. The tire blowing really did a number on the RV I guess. The 2nd blow out they had was the spare tire the emergency truck put on. It had never been used and they're really not that old. So this vacation has ended up pretty expensive in repair bills. They already had one when they got to Myrtle Beach -DS had replaced the battery before they left. However he didn't mark the wires and matched them according to colors. Wrong. Fried the battery so a new battery and a technician who came to repair that damage.

Went to my cardiologist's this morning early to have the halter monitor removed. I mentioned to T how much better I've been feeling. She said, "Of course, now you have a heartbeat!" :D Most days it's had a big effect on improving my appetite, energy, and I'm sure my metabolism. For the most part I'm even sleeping better. The part that amazes me is that my blood pressure has stayed good WITHOUT that 2nd medication. And I'm pretty sure the scales are starting to slowly show a downward trend.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:44 am

Hello, hello, just checking in quickly as I'm having a very odd week. :?
DNiece's wedding on Saturday was beautiful and they had a really fun party.

A bit of excitement when we took DMom home after supper: her apartment building didn't have any electricity and her neighbors said it had been out several hours. No elevator, no lights in the halls, and the stairwells were pitch black. Major safety issue! :x Luckily I had brought along a flashlight in the car because I knew DH and I would be arriving home in the dark. DMom has trouble walking and after the excitement of the wedding & reception, she had to rest for some time on a bench outside before walking up the flight of stairs to her apartment. DH walked in front with the flashlight and I followed behind her so I could catch her if she lost her balance. She did fine, though, and once we got to her apartment she felt much better. There was still a lot of light coming in her windows, and she found her flashlight and candles. That was about 7:30 or so. She insisted that she was ok and didn't need us to stay because she was just going to relax in her recliner chair and even though her landline phone wouldn't work without electricity, she had her fully-charged cell phone if she needed to call anyone. When I talked to her the next day she said the power came back on around 10. She said she really wasn't bothered about the outage because she had had such a good time with the family at the wedding.

Sunday and Monday DH and I enjoyed a couple of relaxing vacation days. Sunday we went to TheBigCity and bought the 2 light fixtures we need for the front porch and back door; DH will install them sometime this week. Oh, and he earned major points by repairing a leaky toilet and replacing the battery in a chirping smoke alarm. :)

Yesterday I went to work at the library in the morning. They have story time every Tuesday morning and that is always cute. I planned to work in the yard in the afternoon but first it rained and then turned very hot so I skipped the outside work. What did I do instead? Ummm .... hmm, I guess I did normal Monday chores (dishes, laundry, pick up) without major effort on anything.

What's throwing me off this week is first we had that Monday holiday with the library closed, so I didn't work my usual shift. I went in yesterday morning to cover for a coworker who wanted a 4 day weekend: fun but unusual. Now DH is taking vacation days and it always makes things wonky when he's home all day -- in a good way, but different.

Installation of gutters & downspouts was originally scheduled for today but has been delayed until tomorrow.

This was going to be a quick post but obviously I still don't know any short stories. :lol:

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:04 am

Oh, and he earned major points by repairing a leaky toilet and replacing the battery in a chirping smoke alarm.
Always nice when our dhs earn brownie points with us. Mine will be when dh comes by later this morning. Seems that (after pouring rain this morning) when I pulled in our driveway I was a little to close to our walkway. So like any good citizen I started to back the car to straighten & move over just a tad. Car stopped immediately so I put it in forward -nothing. Put it in reverse & it just spun. STUCK??? in our driveway? That's never happened. I just left it there so I didn't make it any worse. Our driveways are dirt with gravel on top. So there it sits for the whole world to see as they go by -not there are very many here this week to see. :o :shock: :mrgreen:

Been texting with dd in FL and right now their weather is pretty nice. Said it was a bit cloudy but was very gusty during the night with rain. Probably the outer bands of Dorian. I would suspect that Harmony's getting little effect if any.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:10 am

Hi!

Dh has requested pasta and meat sauce for supper tonight. He will be having whole grain penne with his favourite "spicy" sauce and I think I feel like making up a box of macaroni and cheese.

I have nothing to do today. There are a few steak knifes and 2 large sharp knives that need to be washed, but that's it for dishes. Bed is "almost" made, I just need to straighten the blanket a bit. When it is fully made, the cat tends to have the second long nap of her day between dh's pillow pile and my pillow pile. Her morning nap is in the window of the library where the sun shines in to warm her up as she looks out at the birds, butterflies, bees and (as of yesterday) school buses.

I just looked up a new-to-me knitting group that happens on Wednesdays at another library. I think I'll go up there this afternoon and check it out.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:30 am

:oops: Dh came & moved the car, laughing all the way. I had checked the emergency brake (in the Chrysler 200s that is a little lever right next to the speed dial) and it was on. Funny thing is I looked at it as that's exactly what it felt like & I didn't see the orange light on. But on it was and dh moved the car immediately with no problem. Said he knew the problem as soon as I texted him. :oops: But he certainly still earned those points, Booksaver. :D

Dh talked to our RV guy and he's coming out later this week to check our water heater (why do we always say "hot water heater"?) Thinks the same as dh that the 'mixer valve' is gone. He's also going to look at DS-R's RV to try to estimate the cost of fixing it. Almost thinking their deductible on the RV is $1,000 and I'm sure it's going to be well over that. But if D can fix it for less than the deductible know the job will be his.

Have a stack of dishes to do but will wait until after lunch. Will try to utilize what hot water I have. It'll only run hot for a few seconds then starts cooling off. With an RV you can almost be certain that something 'goes' almost all the time. For the price of them almost all of them are built pretty cheaply I'm afraid. Even the ones that look fairly extravagant, except perhaps the custom made ones. For the most part a lot of them initially cost more than a manufactured home and some more than a brick & mortar house.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:46 am

I can't write my memories right now but will later. I have so so many wonderful memories of our sweet SHE woman and SHE world.

I have been on my bahookey for 2 hours!!!!~ WHAT?!!!!! my goodness, how does that happen. i think I need to put a moratorium on you tube self help videos in the morning. I get hooked on diane in denmark and move right along to garden videos. :shock: ;) 8-) :D

i am in post shock from yesterday where everyones surgery and care when out the window for a couple weeks. dh is like another person. (but oh what stress we went through for 2 weeks)! I think he is putting something off he shouldn't but that is what he wants right now. HIs anxiety is gone but my dealing with everyone else's stress - dh's, d moms, d aunts and both dd's, (hurricane prep (on her own) and work), still lingers. I need to get off Defcon 10 mode and go to all is clear :lol:

hello dear:
dee
book
lady
cathy
and all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:56 am

63* - 95* today's temps. Range

Walked the dog today for today's qt prayer walk.
Took Rx
Feeling better that helps.
Did dog's nails last nite.

Had bday pie for my breakfast made a sweet memory for me!
I vacuumed the basement.
Laundry is folded & put away.
I prepped plums for freezer and quick bread.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:59 pm, edited 7 times in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:05 am

I have very fond memories of meeting IRL several of our SHEs. Let's see: Mystery (whom we haven't seen in a very long time) came to our DShelley's Memorial Service 10 years ago, plus had stopped by here with her family once or twice. Met with MamaP in FL about 3 times, saw dKathryn & Ken last year. We've seen dHarriet & family on several different occasions. Met up with dTwins after leaving Nashville one year. Have had strawberry shortcake with dSunny & dh at our favorite strawberry place in FL -did we do that once or twice, Sunny? Oh, how could I forget? Met up with dIndiana in 2010 on our way to visit friends in Indianapolis and Hannibal, MO and on to Branson, MO. My face will be :oops: if I've forgotten anyone. But in reality, all of you have become very real friends to me and I'm so happy to have this place in good times and bad. And even the bad times -we can always find something good if we only look.

Dh has always enjoyed meeting every one of you as I'm always talking about my very good friends here. Been here well over 20+ years in all. Hopefully I'm further ahead in being organized and better routines in all those years. It's a constant learning curve for sure.

Return to “Post When You Can”