Wacky Wednesday - Sweet Memories

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Wacky Wednesday - Sweet Memories

Postby CathyS » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:24 pm

Dee I had Cathie on my FB friends list for a while, but I think she unfriended me during a really bad time in her life. Her husband left her, one of her sons totally disowned her with the other one not coming around or being in touch very often and her dog Buddy had died and just before I lost touch, her other dog died. I have seen her post in Eddie's Villadelweinie (?) FB page. I think her friendship with Deanie also suffered. Actually maybe I have seen her on Ron's FB page. (Zy, AKA Bren's dh.)

Dh loved his pasta and spicy sauce. I had mac and cheese. Very windy here today with large dark clouds. Dh said it rained like crazy during the night with lots of thunder and lightning.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:40 pm

If any of the mods are around the Sept. health and fitness has the wrong year.

I got the the beds watered. H. Is home.
My day is going better this afternoon yea!
Had a rough morning.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:42 pm

Think it was Norma who mentioned Cathie in Eugene -don't really remember but when I saw the Eugene I somewhat remembered. I do remember Zy & Bren. Remember Zy going to Carolina to help Carolina Miracle after a big storm they had there. So many years ago. Boards have changed a lot since then.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:48 pm

All fixed, Nancy. Lest anyone think we're in the wrong year. :lol:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Norma

Postby Norma » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:54 pm

Oh my gosh! Zy!! How could I ever forget ZY! He was the greatest. I said at the time that that story of him flying to Chicago and then on south to help Carolina and her family should have been published in Women's World or one of the womens magazines.

I knew that Cathie had gone through a bad time with her divorce but I didn't know about the boys. How sad! The last time I saw her- and that was eons ago - she came to Carson City on some business matters and we met for lunch.

Does anyone remember Worthy in Portland? I think she must have been one of the first SHEs. I'm from Vancouver, WA across the river from Portland and Pam and Peggy are from Vancouver. A number of the firsts were from P and P area. Also, Sarge McD. Does anyone know anything about her? So many who have gone on to other endeavors.

Cathy, I thought Buddy was what Cathie called her computer. I didn't know about a dog.
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:23 pm

Thanks Dee.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:37 pm

I am FitBit friends with several SHE's. Although I totally admit that sometimes I get confused with their 'real" name and their SHE name. I know Cathy O and Barbara W (GWW) are on Fitbit. They are both consistently active and seem to be doing well. In the past month, Cathy posted pictures of her new puppy and she has another dog too.

Lots of activity in a short amount of time but we got 'er done. Both refrigerators loaded up from DFriends home and unloaded into our garage. DGS22 was an invaluable help.

I can't remember. Was Worthy and Unity the same person?

I found this SHE name list on another SHE site.

Sarge McD. Does anyone know anything about her?

I am FB friends with her. She is still going strong and is always doing a project....or ten. She has more talent in her little pinkie than I do in my entire body. She just finished a barn quilt and is now working on adding driveway space. She posted pictures of flame-throwing being used in the past week. Eeek!
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:54 pm

Hello everyone!

We had a quiet Labor Day weekend here. Ds#2 called us on Monday to say hello. He, ddil-Y and dgd17-M had gone up to the country to spend a few days with ddil's parents and were getting ready to leave for home.

Yesterday we made our grocery run to W-M and were finally able to pick up an RX refill that needed a new script from FL doctor. I also got another script transferred with no problem. We ended up with a very full cart and now have a well stocked pantry.

Today was an easy day. I always seem to need an easy day after a busy shopping day. Anyway, I have done our normal daily routines, trash can is out by the curb, I poked through a couple of boxes and reorganized some of it better and paid a few bills. I also took a nap this afternoon while dh sat on the front porch. Supper was more like picnic food because the temp was 93* outside, 83* in house. We didn't feel like a heavier meal, so had ham sandwiches, applesauce, chips and ice tea. Kitchen is cleaned up and dishwasher is running.

BookSaver, I have enjoyed hearing about your house renovations. It sounds so nice.

I have enjoyed reading of all the SHE memories here today. Some of the names from the old forum are familiar even though I hadn't been a part of that group. I lurked around the edges of our Village here for a couple of years before actually joining. The only person here I have met IRL besides Harmony (my dsis) is Dee. We did have a delightful time at that Market, just once, though I wish it could have been more often. I believe you also have met Harmony, but not at that same time.

It is dusk here already. I've noticed that it is starting to get dark earlier now.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Norma

Postby Norma » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:01 pm

No, Worthy and Unity not the same. I should remember Worthy's real name and her first forum name, but you remember I am OLD and can't remember a lot anymore. :lol: I amaze myself that I can remember my family's names. Although, between you and me and the fence post yesterday I forgot my BFF's daughter's name and I should never never forget it. When I am talking with someone on the phone I space out a lot when a name won't come to me. Oh Well!

I remember Crispy. She is from the eastern side of Washington and she was a kick.
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:31 pm

Norma - Me too! My memory is flaky on a good day.

I finally remembered Worthy real name and realized we were FB friends already. She and her husband just returned from trip celebrating their 33rd anniversary.

I always loved Flutterby posting. She has the best sense of humor.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”