every single day pwyc thursday.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

every single day pwyc thursday.

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:20 am

why do we stress out about the work you, have deemed, "supposed" to do? Do, you have in our mind, what is expected and then being disappointed that you can't do it all. Are you over goal-ing. Don't

Much of that type of thinking, can be from our childhood, being influenced by what we see in media, perfection and comparing ourselves to others who have a good routine under their belt. We need to change our attitude and be happy with what we do. Forget the perfection and the comparison.
Things will still get done.

What if, for today, you don't stress about everything you think (perfection) that must be done.
What if you tried to flow through your simple routines or work.
What is one thing you really want to get done today.... No not crocheting a car cover (that's dh's humour lol) or tar the driveway (also dh's humour)
Think simple.
Is it cleaning off the top of the dining room table on one quarter side, is it going to the grocery store, or ordering groceries, and putting things away, is it just doing the morning (simple routine)? whatever it is - celebrate it. is a swish and swipe where you normally don't - what ever it it - be proud.

today keep it simple. Be proud of yourself. Don't over stress and no pressure.

a little bit at a time makes a huge difference.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: every single day pwyc thursday.

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:43 am

hi elizabeth. I saw you.

I have to start. Its dh's bday and I have a day planned. all simple.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:55 am

Gosh, where is everyone?

I cannot remember what I planned on getting done last night, because I don't have that list with me. I know exactly where it is - an hour away in Home City. The WTF was the animal org meeting and that got done. We have a dog with serious behavior issues we are dealing with. The trainer's report stopped short of recommending euthanasia, but made it clear she would not oppose it. I thought that was best too until I heard about this poor dog's health conditions. I changed my recommendation to "forget the doggie Advil and get her some surgical strength narcotics!" Pain can certainly make animals act badly! So what if she becomes addicted to it. She is not going to knock over a liquor store and when the underlying conditions are treated, a vet can supervise how to get her off the meds. I also told them, "Don't be afraid of properly used narcotics!" Yeesh.

A friend and one of her friends that I have met twice want to go out in the camper this month. I am thinking of a trip to the waterfall that DD17 and I did not take on Labor Day. I need to talk to the cat clinic coordinator first. And if the timing doesn't work for them, they can take it or leave it. I don't have the flexibility to schedule around "just not feeling it". (N tried that one on the first trip). DD will probably have homework or school projects. Perhaps that is just as well, I am not entirely sure about the 2nd person. I'm not a fan of doing shots, not my idea of a good time, and I need sober people to help me back up.

LadyMaverick: Changing DS11's shampoo might help. Also, make sure he is not using too much conditioner. DD would use too much when younger because the excess allowed her to slide on her booty.

Hi back to blessedw2!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:01 am

That was my thought too, maybe too much conditioner. Also, not enough rinsing?

I am working on my desk. 3 things out in the mailbox so far. I have a bunch of projects needing done, and I am tired of seeing those piled up around my work space. I need to go out and get mileage numbers for all the vehicles next.

Helped DH load things in the car...

I'll have to try to finish as he's out getting a tool. He's come up with another project he wants to do on a truck. Sigh...it never ends.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:11 am

I need to update groc. List.
I to thought of more rinsing in hair wash comments. Shampoo onle the size of a nickle is needed.
Back to back trips are not my preferance bc of laundry and rest needed afterward.

I have walked the dog.
Nice morning here, fall temps in two days.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:45 pm

Thank you for the hair recommendations. I washed DS11 hair at the kitchen sink yesterday and it came out looking clean so I know it is an operator error. My gut tells me that he is getting his hair wet and then not doing much else. it's a lifeskill that he needs more practice.

Speaking of lifeskill. DS11 is interesting in looking at leftovers and then using them to create a new dish. Nothing fancy. He is at beginner mode in this lifeskill, but it is fun to see him exercising his what-if thoughts in doing creative cooking. Today's lunch he pulled out some leftover alfredo sauce. Then he went through several possible ways of using it. Most I vetoed because it involved more cooking time than I wanted to spend mentoring him (I was hungry!). He decided to make some ramen noodles and put the alfredo sauce on those noodles instead of using the flavor packet. It took him less than 5 minutes to create/cook his lunch. It wouldn't have been my choice of something to eat but I applaud his desire to create a unique lunch for himself.

I am on Day #5 of 100 day challenge to myself. I am documenting several healthy habits and will be setting weekly small goals of improvement. This first week is mostly setting a baseline. I need numbers. I can't improve what I don't know. I am trying my best to be 100% truthful with myself. I have a long history of conveniently "forgetting" when I don't want to acknowledge bad decisions.

Just got asked to pick 2 meals of the following choices for the first 2 evening meals in NYC.
Italian: Pizza.
Italian: Pasta.
Chinese.
Columbian BBQ.
Comfort Food: Fried Chicken, Biscuits, Mac & Cheese, mashed potatoes.
Falafel Platters with Gyros & Chicken.

I have heard so much about NYC pizza that I have to give it a try. I am curious what BBQ in NYC is like. It seems BBQ is a totally different food in different parts of the country. So many choices....so little time.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:11 pm

Just came back from the laundry room after putting the LoadsOL into the dryers. Had a dickens of a time getting the door unlocked however. Had the same problem last year, but last week it worked just fine. It finally 'clicked' and I was able to open it. Drives me crazy.

Our RV guy is here now trying to fix our water heater. Thinks maybe the valve(s) got clogged with calcium or something. Told dh how to put a filter on the outside. Guess we have one but dh says it's a real bear to get to so he's never used it. If he puts it outside

Still waiting on my cardiologist's office to call me with the results of the halter monitor Tues/Wed. Know they're ultra busy right now as the Dr had an Uncle's funeral this week.

Have an hour before I have to go get the laundry out so will relax a bit and watch part of a H allmark Movie.

I had the best night's sleep ever, LadyM -my 'sleep score' according to F it B it was 82 -is that good? I actually had well over 8 hours sleep. Unheard of for me! Hoping for lots more nights like that. Could this be part of the low heart beat when I'm sleeping? -it was down in the 30's even during hours that I'm up. Wondering if it would go so low that it would wake me.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:29 pm

Dee - WhoooHOOO on a good night sleep! Your sleep score is good according to Fitbit. I've only read a few things about the sleep score so don't know much. I did see that the average score is 77 - 84.

Sleep score is fairly new Fitbit feature so I don't have much history to compare my scores to. My average this week is 84. Lowest was 77 and the highest was 89. I saw something about another new feature being offered soon. I think it was a sleeping heart rate which is supposed to be different than resting heart rate. I don't have that feature yet.

I just signed DS11 and DGD8 up for a Saturday class on how to draw a bison. DGD8 will be thrilled to attend this because she absolutely loves to draw and spends hours each week doing it. I asked DS11 if he wanted to go expecting him to say no. However, I was somewhat surprised that he does want to attend. I suspect it is because he is grounded and his life is incredibly boring right now. Attending a class on a Saturday sounds more fun to him than staying at home with no fun activities. talking to self....... Drawing bison. I don't know a single person who calls them bison. Everyone says buffalo. I just looked it up and apparently we have been calling buffalo the wrong name for over 400 years. OOps.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:40 pm

Well, think our water heater is fixed. Took off a part that probably runs about $175 (ouch) but he only charged dh about $80 & dh gave him a sizable tip. Last time he came he wouldn't take anything. So we tried to make up for it. He's going to stop by and take a look at DS-R's RV later this week -can't right now because it's still at their home. I have the heater on and we'll see. Dh will go to one of the big hardware stores nearby and pick up a filter or 2 that can be put on the outside.

My lowest was 58 (at least of those that registered -some were even below that & don't register). I did see some 60's & 74 in there so hopefully it'll keep improving. The sleeping heart beat will be very interesting to me. But I sure do have my suspicions about that. Think it just started listing my sleep score this week. May have put it in going backwards but I didn't check.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:00 pm

I have always said buffalo also, LadyM -- maybe that is what people raise here in our area? We don't have huge numbers of them, but there are some, I believe.

Showering and washing hair... I know dgs7 doesn't do a good job of that! He HATES water in his face, so I am pretty sure he just barely wets his hair if left to his own devices in the shower. I sometimes make him take a tub bath here and still wash his hair (and most of the rest of him!) at this point, because otherwise, he will just play in the tub and call it done, LOL.

My Fitbit only tells how much time I spent asleep/awake/restless, no overall score. Last night -- 7 hours and 19 minutes asleep, 26 minutes awake/restless (2 times awake, 9 times restless).
I'm still tired. I really think I need at least 8 hours sleep to feel my best and that is just almost impossible to get around here, and still live in the same time zone as dh, LOL! (He is napping right now -- TOTALLY exhausted after getting a steroid shot and prednisone rx yesterday. He was bouncing off the walls all night, he said.

So glad you're sleeping better, Dee! WTG on getting the water heater repaired!

He's come up with another project he wants to do on a truck. Sigh...it never ends.

(((Harmony)))

Blessed, I just appreciate so much your reminders not to OVER-THINK, OVER-GOAL. I guess we all need a reminder sometimes that we CAN'T do it all and shouldn't get down on ourselves for being human.
I have a note on my bathroom vanity that says something to the effect to concentrate on the ONE THING that will give the greatest sense of accomplishment.
Well, here -- this is what it says:

1. What is the MAIN thing that, if you don't make progress on it today, you'll be upset about at the end of the day?
Focus on that main thing and do not answer any interruptions for a time while you're working on it. People can call back or come back later if they need to talk to you.
2. If it's hard to choose that ONE thing, then ask yourself, what is the one thing that will give you the biggest feeling of accomplishment and peace of mind -- if you make progress on it today?

I may have gotten this from one of y'all -- I apologize because I don't remember -- but I printed it out and keep it there, because it is sooo easy for me to just wander through my day and then suddenly it's time to cook supper and I haven't done ANYTHING all day.
So I'm trying to list my Top Three for each day, and start with the MAIN thing.

Waving to Nancy... Elizabeth... and all to come!

* TOP THREE TODAY *
-- type church notes from last night's meeting DONE -- took approx 12 minutes :D
-- vacuum bedroom & bath (but dh is napping so that will have to wait till later)
-- clean bathrooms

Plus I also HAVE TO
-- pack for tomorrow/Saturday, and
I'd LIKE TO
-- transfer pics to computer
-- type some more of the family history I started at Father's Day for dh

So far, I have done nothing goal-oriented except to make a dentist appt in Next Town (at the horrible hour of 8:30 a.m. :roll:) for next Wednesday. I have discovered a chip/crack? on one of my top front teeth. It is worrisome, as I keep rubbing my tongue across it to "test" it, you know? And I'm afraid if it becomes a larger crack, I'll break that entire tooth. So... next Wednesday will be dentist :cry: and allergy shots. I still have the other two teeth that the dentist is "watching" and keeps warning me might become serious issues because of "fractures" in the teeth... so I'm getting very nervous about my mouth! :roll:
* I also s2s and went to the post office w/dh, read the paper, ate breakfast, and talked to ddil on the phone. She had had a very stressful morning in clinicals -- post-surgery patient who was very agitated and refused all efforts of the nurses.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”