Friday Footprints

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Friday Footprints

Postby Harriet » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:06 am

I hope everyone has a great day today! Maybe erasing a few footprints around our lovely homes.

We (HRH and I) are out the door soon on a road trip to perhaps choose a new car for me. Sigh. (yes, they totaled mine after this long) Decided I would post a Friday thread so you will all know I'm waving at you! When I get back I'll be footprint-erasing with you.

CathyS

Re: Friday Footprints

Postby CathyS » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:06 am

Hi!

I had a rough afternoon and evening here yesterday. At 2 p.m. I was sitting here reading FB posts and I had a huge wave of pain on my left side where the kidney is. Long story short, by 10 p.m. I was back home from the hospital with antibiotics and pain killers. Total cost was $5 for parking. I have to go back to the hospital this morning for an ultrasound. Parking will be free today because $5 gets you 24 hours. After the ultrasound I have to go back to emergency to wait for the results. Last night they found that my white cell count was high, so they said it wasn't a kidney stone, it was a kidney/bladder infection based on the tenderness when the doctor probed around both of those organs. I need to drink 4 bottles of water in the next hour and not pee any of it out. Good luck with that.

Dh had curried rice and shrimp for his supper last night. I had an assorted cold cut sub as soon as we left the hospital parking lot. Subway is right next door.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:22 am

d harriet I am so sorry about the car but so happy that you are fine!!! cars can be replaced and you sweet harriet can't be. thrilled that you are okay.
also thank you for starting us out today.

d cathy I am praying for extra fast healing and absolutely no pain for you.

saying hello to all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:26 am

Focus on that main thing and do not answer any interruptions for a time while you're working on it. People can call back or come back later if they need to talk to you.
2. If it's hard to choose that ONE thing, then ask yourself, what is the one thing that will give you the biggest feeling of accomplishment and peace of mind -- if you make progress on it today?
thank you d lucy for this yesterday!

dh had a lovely birthday. I had to cut it short bc the pollen was high and I got a wee headache. he added a spot to visit to his list when He is out doing his usual out of the house routines. He loved talking to the man at the historical society and wants to meet with him again. (really interesting)

d old dog is still asleep and doesn't know I am up and had breakfast already. she had looked up and looked at the cat sleeping (in the dog bed) and fell back to sleep. :D so cute.

a new day... have a great one.
today: I have my basic routines, hoping for zone work, (not stressing - who is that talking 8-) :D )

time to turn off the computer and get started. it looks like rain. (no painting today)

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:46 am

Morning...

My house is in great shape. Last night I danced to 60’s girl group music while cleaning the kitchen and had a grand time with myself!

I have my training this morning and then will do a walk around in the mall to get my steps in. Yesterday I went to the movies with my friends to see Lion King. I was pretty amazed with the cinematography and how realistic the animals. However we all noticed that none of the males had any “male parts” showing and all agreed we would not take a young kid to see the movie because the fights between the animals were very real and might frighten younger kids.

We were the only ones in the theater and loved that, but that won’t last long once the Snowbirds arrive. My area swells with 300k of them once that happens. After the movie we went to Red Robin and I had 1/2 of a lettuce wrapped hamburger and ate the rest for dinner.

Harriet... so sorry to hear abt our car. How old was the one you totaled?
Cathy... I’d be dancing right there with you.

Off to start my day. No footprints since I did my dance off last night. It’s a repeat dinner for Sweetie tonight. May give some laundry a spin and of course there’s my second cup of coffee and Perry. Being able to watch him at my convenience on Prime has certainly made my morning routine much easier. Now I just watch a little morning news and then turn him on instead of waiting for tv scheduled time

Waving to y’all..

Forgot to mention... went to Cosco to buy chicken and ended up coming home with a winter ... to me anyway...coat/jacket. It will be perfect for my trip to NJ in October and for the rest of the year here.

Was a bit weird though walking out of the store with a winter coat in 111+ degree weather... life in the desert :lol:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:54 am

((((Cathy)))) Oh no! I'm glad you are getting good medical care and they are tracking down the exact problem.

I didn't have a great night sleep which means now I'm running 1.5 hours low on sleep. I'll try to get to bed early tonight.

DH and his Brother are staying with DMIL this weekend. DSIL won't be helping this weekend. DH told me the schedule of when he would be staying with DMIL but I have already forgotten. I just know DH is staying with DMIL 12-24 hours a day. DMIL is improving after her set-back but they don't feel comfortable leaving her alone yet.

My big household cleaning focus for today is the floors. Sweeping and mopping are in the plans. With 3 dogs and 4 people in the house, I will never have spotless & squeaky clean floors for more than 5 minutes. I am looking for somewhere between squeaky clean & dirty. The Roomba forces me to not let clutter happen on the floor. My goal is to keep the floor clean enough that nobody notices them (if that makes sense).
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:46 am

I am watching a how to make hb buns video, need to know how much flour for bread, yesterday I had to do buns bc the bread dough did not workout. Tasted great however.
I need to cook up green beans to go with fish for dinner.
I have a stuffed squash recipe to try out later.
Thought it was Fri. Yesterday it messed up dinner plans
we had soup & rolls bc by the time I realized my error it was too late to thaw out my other plan. :roll:

I have been improving each week Getting back on track bit by bit that helps.
Had a low in the nite, slept in.
It cooled off we had some rain in the nite that helps.

Back from walking the ddog.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:52 am

hello d rose
yay on your house looking beautiful!
thank you for telling me about the lion king. i really want to see it.
yay on getting a new coat

hello d lady - I hope you have a wonderful night sleep.
I am glad that your d bil is also taking turns. can she afford during the day (or 24 hour) care 2 - 4 days during the week?
just getting the floor washed is enough! I used to have 3 dogs 4 cats and 5 people in the house and I would vacuum the floors in the morning - by afternoon there was hair everywhere (and dh doesn't take off his shoes - pick my battles kind of thing). my d mom would come over and say - boy you need to clean your floors (If she only knew lol). You are doing great!!! good for you for having a roomba!

hello d Nancy!!!

animals are taking care of - inside and out
one laundry washing
I don't want to work lol.
dishes routine is done.
most of morning is done.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:15 am

My biggest foot print to erase today is the lack of sleep. (Guess we should have chatted Lady M -I did so well the night before. I was below 5 hours since 9pm last night) ;) I'm back from rehab now & I'm going to sit for 30 & shut my eyes. Then will have to fix lunch for dh.

Drinking that much water in an hour is not fun, Cathy. Hope they find the culprit and can cure it post haste. When I have labs I have to drink that much before I go in and it's still a problem getting blood so know just what you mean.

Want to repost this here so I can find it later to put in my SHE notes -right now I'm too sleepy.
Focus on that main thing and do not answer any interruptions for a time while you're working on it. People can call back or come back later if they need to talk to you.
2. If it's hard to choose that ONE thing, then ask yourself, what is the one thing that will give you the biggest feeling of accomplishment and peace of mind -- if you make progress on it today?
Thanks, LucyLee.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:34 am

I'm back home. For whatever reason, the ultrasound technician decided that she would also take a look at my ovaries. My right ovary. Then I waited 3 hours to see the doctor to discuss the results. He said that there was a note that I declined some other sort of ultrasound. I corrected that immediately. I was never asked if I wanted an internal something or other. I wouldn't have turned it down if she had actually asked me if I wanted it.

So... update... there is NO pain other than a dull throb on my left side, which is quite a distance away from my right ovary, which isn't hurting and hasn't hurt in many years. BUT now they want to send me to an ObGyn and most likely remove my right ovary. Why?? That isn't why I went to the emergency for. Yes, there is a cyst on there. It has been there for many years. It isn't causing me any pain.

Anyway... GRRR!

Supper tonight is most likely going to be an omelet.

I think I want a nap.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”