SCRUMPTIOUS SATURDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: SCRUMPTIOUS SATURDAY

Postby Nancy » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:25 pm

I have melt downs from low bs and alergies this time of year.

I had a good talk on the phone with dsis.
Got a bit more weeding done grateful for the mild temps this morning.

I see a bucket of plums I picked last week may be ripe so I need to deal with them.

A round up parade is at one so we are glad we decided to wait on going to town for lunch, & did later in the afternoon
For early dinner where I have a free meal card for my bday.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:53 pm

Home again. Looking at the post from my phone earlier, I'm amused. I can't do well posting from phone.

I made a sideways move with the car choice - slightly older and slightly more miles but it's the larger model and the nicer "package" of features. I don't need some of these features but I'm certainly not going to turn them down. Importantly, the style and color are what I like, and interior is pretty to me. So when I look at the car in future, I'll feel like it's "mine" - my choice. That was important to HRH. (He doesn't want to have to listen to me in future, if I'm going to be disappointed!) Purchased at a dealership, which had taken this one-owner car on trade, I got a one-year warranty, since that's their policy.

Briefly, to tell you about a lousy trip to another dealership :roll: yesterday : HRH and I got there after a 1.5-hour drive, only to find that the car they had advertised as one color was a completely different color. Saleswoman said, "but I bet if the price was right you would still want it." (No. I could have bought any number of cars closer to home if I didn't care about color.) Then she said, "You know, when you're driving a car you don't notice what color it is." :| Ds later said that was condescending. HRH said that at that moment, he backed a-w-a-y from the wife :lol: . But I did not explode or anything.

Dd drove the new car home since only the renter or a spouse can drive the rental car. We stopped at Burger King for sandwiches - she was starving but I was pleased my oat breakfast was holding pretty well for me.

Meanwhile at home, HRH has moved the new furniture when he shouldn't have because he really doesn't feel well enough. I suppose I should be happy but he needs to listen to his body and not pressure himself.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:12 pm

Just spent the last hour filling out forms (online) for dh who's applied to be an 'off-ice official' for the Orlando Solar Bears (our dd also works there in her 'spare' time :lol: ). Think I signed my life away. He already has the jacket so we'll see where this goes. The Bears are their pro-hockey team who are under the Orlando Magic and sponsored by Tampa Bay Lightning. I always get so nervous when I have to fill out these kinds of things -why I have no idea.

Going next door for a campfire. They're starting one early so when it gets too chilly/damp we can all go in. Dh has gone to the race track to help pack the track today & watch our dgs 7 & 19 race. All to soon DGS will no longer be a teenager. DGD20 left that age behind on Thursday. She & dgs are just 15 days apart. She's our 'step' but that's not even in our language.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:15 am

I guess I'll be the last of the day to come here. Would have been here earlier, was on phone with internet people...it keeps dropping out. Lady had me going in circles clicking on this and that... and I kept reading the same things over and over... but for now it's up so we'll see...

Not a very scrumptious day here. Big huge work day.

Helped again, more work on the fence, we tried a cleaner didn't work... used straight pool bleach (2x strength) and the red mold or algae or whatever comes off with that.. so we did that on the bottom rail of fence, and got everything white again.

While DH took dump truck to get bulk load of mulch...lots of it, whole truck full; I trimmed bushes around the house, all but one section across the front porch. Then we spread the mulch all at the base of the fence, all the way across the bottom, all sides and the other side of the fence too. Took all day, we didn't come in till 8:15. Showered and ate frozen pizza in my nightgown. Could barely manage that.

I know where every bone and muscle in my body is because they're all aching. Took one of our magic otc blue pills that help with aches and pains...

More work on our radar. We ran out and just have the front to do and we will probably just get bags and use them... maybe 8-10 should do it. Dang! I got down on the ground so I could get everything around the bushes and I couldn't get up. Need to invest in a crane around here. DH hauled me up.. :shock:

Resting on the porch at intervals DH says "gee what happened to me in a year"... oh, you had a heart attack... Old age. Catching up fast.

Harriet, congrats on getting the car. Hope it's a keeper!

Return to “Post When You Can”