SCRUMPTIOUS SATURDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

SCRUMPTIOUS SATURDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:38 am

Lady M's soup(s) sound pretty good to me right now. What kinds did you get, Lady M? I'll have to remember that when we get to FL. Don't have Sam's here any more -since last year. Thought of Scrumptious because it sounded that way for you.

How will your day be 'scrumptious'? Beautiful? Great? Blessed?

I need to get my hair styled and get on with breakfast. BBL

Hope those antibiotics, etc are helping you feel netter, Cathy.

Still haven't heard from my cardiologist's office on the result of my halter monitor this week. Expect it's not too pressing or I'm sure I would have heard. Also giving them the benefit of the doubt as I know the Dr himself had to go away for an Uncle's funeral. So, I expect they've been busy & short-handed all week. If I haven't heard anything by Tuesday I'll stop over there after my rehab. I expect it came out ok and it's very unusual for them not to get right back to us.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: SCRUMPTIOUS SATURDAY

Postby Nancy » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:01 pm

House smells scrumptious today, I have plum banana bread cooking, four loaves two are done two need a few more min.
I have the plums used that were not frozen, more for later are frozen.
H. Helped he mashed the naners, I sm excited bc no nuts in these I can eat it!
One batch has cran raisens in it!

Still in my jammies need to get dressed when I am done watching the oven.
Walked ddog a short walk did some on the exercise bike.
H. Got mirrors and door handle on old truck that are not broken.
Bread is done, passed taste test.
I washed up cooking stuff still need to put it away.
Bagged up two loaves.

Excited for Harriet's car news.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:08 pm

Cathy, I have an ovarian cyst and my ob-gyn is fine with it. For me, old news that has never caused any trouble. I suppose I'm just assuming that it's even still there.

Lady Harmony and all waiting on pins and needles about the headlines from me:. Sitting with dd at dealership now, having just purchased a car very similar to the one wrecked. It made it a lot easier to realize I was so satisfied with that one.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:14 pm

Hi!

I think I was up to go to the bathroom every hour on the hour last night. I've been having a dull throbbing pain on the left side all morning. I took the pain med around an hour ago. 1 med has to be on an empty stomach and the other one taken with food. I think trying to figure out the meds are making me more upset than anything else. BUT I have discovered that there is no calcium in peanut butter or plain potato chips and coca cola! I had 2 peanut butter sandwiches for brunch and now I am having chips and pop for a snack. Can't have tea because I put milk in it. No calcium allowed.

We ended up going for Vietnamese soup last night. Omelets are on the menu for tonight.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:00 pm

Wow! It's nearly noon and nobody's here yet? Had to go back and make sure nobody else had started a thread.

Just got back from getting a few groceries and the mail. There were a couple of cars and a cart in our driveway when I got here (including DS-R's). Got a little nervous at first -but it was just a bunch of guys talking. Yay! :D Dh had gone to R unnings with DS-A this morning to pick up 24 boxes (6 gal bottles to a box) of RV Antifreeze. Dh was pretty pooped out after he and DS unloaded them and I was a little worried about him.

Obviously this sat here for quite a while -almost an hour at least.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:13 pm

Checking in...
slow morning since we have a night game. But dh will want to be there by 4:00 to cheer the team as they come in, etc.

Y’all, dgs is WILD this morning.
And he had a rough day at school yesterday. Oh, HE was happy as a lark, but his teacher had to call his dmom... seems he had left his notebook at school all week and forgotten a take-home test... AND he took home something and forgot to return it to school... AND he “can’t stop talking and can’t stop humming” (his words).

I tried to explain to him that he should just sing to himself IN HIS MIND. He doesn’t understand that. I said, “Well, you don’t SAY everything that comes into your head, do you?” He said, “Most everything, I do.”
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:30 pm

d dee thank for staring us on the beautifully scrumptious day!!!

ooo plum banana bread sounds wonderful d nancy!

d harriet - I am so happy you bought a new car!!! good for you!

praying for you to feel better d cathy!

Oh my goodness: the sweetest thing:
“can’t stop talking and can’t stop humming” (his words).

hope you all enjoy the game tonight!!!

hello d all.

d twins how are you?
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:35 pm

Home from an outing with DS11 and DGD8. DS11 had a great time. DGD8 had a great time until about 15 minutes into the class. Then it all went downhill for her.
>>>>>skippable
DGD8 was acting out so bad that I had to remove her from the classroom. She had no control of her emotions and was negative toward all instructions. When she started crying I squatted down next to her and put my arm along the back of her chair, she hit me. There was no trigger than I could tell when DGD8 went from a happy child to a total meltdown. DGD8 was thrilled that her favorite cousin was in the class and they were hugging, holding hands like normal, skipping into the building and having a great time. They got to sit next to each other. Everyone had the same supplies. There were no drama or anger words. The instructor was kind and soft-spoken. The instructions were totally doable. It makes no sense to me what caused DGD8 to suddenly act this way. I did have flashback to when DGD8 was younger and would have total meltdowns, but I thought those times were behind her.

After the class DGD8 went to spend the day with DD. This was planned a couple of days ago. I didn't send DGD8 away because she acted badly. Before she left DGD8 hugged me over and over and apologized for acting that way. I told DGD8 that we ALL mess up and have bad moments. I mess up, Papa messes up, DS11 messes up, etc. We all have to learn from our decisions that don't turn out to be the right ones and do our best to not repeat them.
<<<<end

DNephew had his first football game as head coach last night. To say it went well is an understatement. The underdog team with a cr*ppy history beat the high rated champion. DNephew is the topic of conversation in our little corner of the world today. The headlines in our local area are full of his name. I hope DNephew handles being in the spotlight okay. DNephew is young for this position but he has many mentors including 2 older brothers that have always been instrumental in developing his character and discipline.

Harriet - YEAH for a successful vehicle search!

(((Cathy)))) I hope the pain goes away and healing happens without any further problems.

I feel emotionally drained from this morning but I am full of energy physically. I need to put that time behind me and move forward.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:47 pm

trying to turn the day around. woke up to drama as d mom called dd younger and told her what d brother (I say d brother because I am praying for him bc there has got to be other things emotionally behind why he sees things the way he does).
I wanted to tell dd myself but mom was upset. dd is frustrated that I didn't tell her right away. I didn't want he to go to bed upset. she just has to stay away from his drama or his reactions. d mom meant well.

so my goal (even though I am really tired) is to get going and stay away from the drama as best I can. It's unhealthy for everyone concerned. So I choose to help dd to move forward. Dh and I talked and we agreed that we can't read what other people think and just do the right and best thing.
this stuff just tires me out so I will just take the beautiful day and run with it.

I haven't started work yet. dd older and I had a nice breakfast and went for a small country drive. Enjoyable!
we don't have robins any more which is really really unusual for this time of the year. They are usually here until October.

today is zone day and work outside day. I am starting a new project - painting and fall clean up and decorating.. I know it will take me time.

have a lovely day. it is what we make it - right?!!! :D :D :D

d lady. is something going on with your dgd and your dd. her life is unpredictable with your dd. Coming in and out of her children's lives has got to be hard on them; very confusing. The way you handle things is always amazing. it is hard but you have such wisdom. There was a reason she acted this way but you may not know. you handled the situation beautifully and professionally.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:02 pm

What kinds did you get, Lady M?

We got the Chicken Tortilla Soup and the Broccoli Cheddar Soup to try at home. We tried a sample of the Loaded Baked Potato Soup in the store. All of them get a rating of double thumbs up from me.

DH left early this morning to be with his DMom for the rest of the day and night. He will be back in time to get ready for church in the morning.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”