breath in Sunday - are you being there for you today pwyc.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

breath in Sunday - are you being there for you today pwyc.

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:44 am

As SHE's we are constantly doing things for others, working on your home, working outside, volunteering, church activities and more; but where are you in this mix.

Today, take time for you and plan on not getting lost in your work. Your joy and your peace is so important.
How can you bless yourself this week - how can you give yourself a moment to breath and feel good about you.
It doesn't mean traveling through the world - even 10 minutes is so important for your mental and physical health.

What do you love to do that is just for you? Are you putting this love in your week?

You are my dear SHE friends and I want true joy and happiness for you during the week. Take time to unplug and find you in your week.
breath in - it's a beautiful Sunday (no matter what the weather). Find your peace in you today. Forgive yourself for any perfection you are putting upon yourself. let it go today. breath... be you today ... without any preconceived ideas you think you should do. take the time for your peace, find the time to love yourself unconditionally today.

Much love to all of you. Happy Sunday.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: breath in Sunday - are you being there for you today pwyc.

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:53 am

Ditto, Blessed -very well put. We're on our way to church. Our church is honoring members of over 40 years today. Guess that counts us in.

Breathed in too much smoke and night air last night. Felt it this morning. Went to dinner at dneighbors and then campfire. Then went to DS's for campfire. Came home a little after 9 when it began to rain.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:33 am

hope your lungs feel better d dee as you move around today. You have such dear friends and family. How nice you get to spend time with them and talk. how lovely!!!

congratulations on being with your church for over 40 years. so so cool d dee.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:35 am

I am listening to spiritual music and a little worship right now. There is gentle rain right now and I am enjoying it. I have a busy day ahead and I am truly looking forward to this work.

see you all soon!!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: breathe in Sunday - being there for me 2day pwyc.

Postby Nancy » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:53 am

Thanks for getting us started on that positive note Blessed. I got up at four ish, journaled & did some planning, spiffed up the kit. Counters, boiled eggs for the week got more plums cut up with apples for the two loaves of quick bread in the oven, then went on my prayer walk w ddog. It was a bit breesy that was cooling it off a bit. I enjoyed breathing in the cool morning air.

Had lunch.
It rained most of the afternoon.
Had a nap.

I got two more loaves of apple plum bread in the freezer.
Ran the dishes and put them away.

Dinner is in the oven.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:02 am

Dh and I are at the airport in boarding area. Not leaving for another 45 min or so. We’ll be home around 6ish? I think. Looking forward to being home, but not the time change back to Eastern time!

We have enjoyed this trip so much! I’ll give the full recitation for Norma later or tomorrow, we have seen so much too.

Ah, and I went to listen to the speaker on Wed a.m. - one of the things he mentioned was controlled breathing for mindfulness. In through the nose, out through the mouth. Lots of techniques out there. When I get home I need to go online to the slides from his lecture.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:19 pm

Happy Birthday wishes to Sunny's DH

Twins - I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip.

I stayed home from church this morning. I had a headache and DH wasn't attending so I didn't push myself. DH is still with his DMom. She is doing okay but her recovery is in slow increments.

This has been a strange & quiet weekend. DH has been gone. DGD8 is at DD home. DS11 is still grounded so his activity is greatly reduced. His friends have come to see him but they don't stay very long because he can't do anything with them.

I keep trying to restore DS11 things and privileges to him but he keeps mouthing off to me. So they go back to being grounded. He is making progress. Years of experience has taught me the importance of being consistent and firm in my resolve to not allow unacceptable behavior. I have seen too many kids speak to and treat their elders with contempt and disrespect. I'm not accepting that treatment. DS11 and I have talks about this almost every day. He isn't angry over being grounded but he most certainly is looking forward to having his privileges restored.

I do find it interesting how aghast DS11 is when one of his friends speak with TOTAL disrespect to their parents. It especially surprises DS11 when the parent just ignores the kids' words & behavior. These types of incidents prompt discussion between us and help DS11 to see what I am trying to teach him.

SHE card status -
** 24 Finished today
** 22 Due today
** 14 overdue
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:27 pm

Nice service today. All of us who had been members more than 40 years received small bouquets -so we had two to fill a vase when we got home. Friend of ours from here went with us and he very much enjoyed the service -somewhat different from his own, but then it was somewhat different service for us today too. A few of the long-time members spoke of growing up in this church (which we didn't). Only one other became a member some time after us. He and his deceased wife raised their 7 children at this church and we our 5. Those were the days when we with just four families we had 21 children between us. I think I've saved my comments to incorporate when I get honored as long-time Church Clerk. Looks like that's going to be one of the last two Sundays in September. I did learn from our very good friend -she's the youngest daughter of our long time best friends in our old neighborhood. She ended up marrying the one person who spoke late this morning. She was also our dShelley's dsisilaw until her brother and DShelley were divorced. So that makes her Aunt to our two grandchildren. There are ties but she's also a very dear friend & I'm so glad to know she's stepping into this role. I think I've served as Clerk since 1987 and hated to give it up but I do know it's time.

Dh was able to chat a bit with the 'late' speaker at the reception after church. He's on the Town Board and they of course discussed DS-R's new position as Deputy Highway Superintendent. T told dh they are very pleased as a board that DS is going into this position -a lot of concern over the other one who 'wants' this position. It is quite evident (and DS was appointed to this 'new' position by the present Superintendent) that the present Super has delayed his announcing his retirement so that it's too late for a Primary this year. That will mean DS steps into that position later this month and will be in at least until next year. Know it will mean a whole lot more responsibility for him. Then there 'could' be a Primary, but as I said there's lots of concern over this other person running. So we'll see what happens.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:00 pm

Hi.

As usual, we were up very early. I think 7 a.m. on a Saturday AND a Sunday and then every day through the week when I am supposed to be retired and SLEEPING IN is just too darn early.

I went to our local fair and got there at 9 a.m. when they opened so there weren't any grounds. Games and rides hadn't even started yet. I was behind a horse trailer going in to the fair grounds. I just went to check out the craft results. 3 of my friends won numerous first prizes for their stuff. Teddy bears and doll dresses and baby blankets and socks and hats and crocheted (?) purses and afghans and embroidered/cross stitched stuff. My goodness, the craft guild also had numerous entries and there are a lot of red and blue ribbons for the stuff they made as well. 2 of the women make it look and sound so easy.

Supper tonight will be BBQed steak. Dh is currently watching a football game. Possibly resting his eyes. 8-)
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:04 pm

Happy birthday sunny's d husband!!!

how cool is that d dee!!!

d lady - I hope your headache goes away!
you are a good mom!

d twins. have a wonderful flight!

sounds so lovely - breathing in the cool morning air and baking during your day. good for you.

waving at you d cathy

Return to “Post When You Can”