breath in Sunday - are you being there for you today pwyc.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: breath in Sunday - are you being there for you today pwyc.

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:10 pm

I worked hard finishing (all in front hall) the washing of lower walls, all the doors, screen door too, woodwork, and behind furniture in the front hall. also steamed the floor. (part of getting ready for the holidays (*# - woo bad word??? 8-) ;) ).

powder room swish and swipe is done. more laundry is done but needs to be put away.

This next weeks holiday grand plan is supposed to be the front room - I don't do it all bc it's not possible. I don't know how people do it? I just know if I try to do it all that would be perfection and I just can't keep up.

what I would love to do is get my paint can, tape, rollers etc. out to paint the doors and the bottom wood trim - but I won't today. I still have so much to do outside.

I missed my kitchen work this week - It will just have to be spread out this coming week.

What I may do is finish my home blessing bc I have to go to aunt tomorrow after church with d mom.
----------------
I haven't finished my routines. I have one thing left on my morning routine but that is outside.
what needs doing: vacuum the dining room - dog and cats are shedding again,
trim the dog's nails
vacuum the family room
paper routine
quick swish and swipe in dh's bathroom. (that seems to be a constant). :shock:
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:47 pm

swish and swipes finished,
dining room home blessing done
laundry flip flopped

dd older and d mom went out to crate and barrel to look for furniture for dd.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:35 pm

Catching up Sunday here.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SUNNY'S DH!

We went to church and as usual we were the last group out. DH talking to maintenance people and our friend about the metal cross which got hit with lightening during hurricane Irma...and has never been reinstalled. Fortunately it had a lightening wire attached because it is on the top of our steeple... I told our maintenance friend please don't have DH up on that roof! He looked me straight in the eyes and said No, he'd make sure of that.

We had lunch with our 2 couple friends and we didn't get home till 3:15. We stopped at HD and got 6 more bags of mulch for the front of the house. Ran out of time to put them out today... and tomorrow is super busy again...

I spent a couple hours trying to reset the cable box; found the tv remote and manual and fiddled with that... finally a kind woman at the satellite company helped me to figure out that our remote is kaput. Another coming in the mail in a week. We can only get 1 blocked station back here in the office but that's ok, we watch too much TV anyways!

We both have dr. appointments tomorrow; I can get back from mine in time to go with him to his in next town..

Welcome back Twins!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:17 pm

Thank goodness we are home! We gained three hours but it still seems like quite a long day. Neither of us slept well last night and we were up at 4:45 pacific time. I’ve been sleeping until 7 or 8 am there - 10 or 11 eastern time. :shock:

Thanks for the welcome home Harmony.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:06 pm

Happy Birthday to Sunny's dh!

Welcome home to Twins' Mom and Dad

It seemed a rushed morning. We had a visiting minister and his name had been misspelled in the bulletin, so that meant I misspelled it on his check. Sigh. He felt it was so different that a bank might not take it, so I will have to tear this one up and have another for next Sun, the last Sun he's with us. He had intended to do a children's message, which is something he's used to doing. Somehow this message also didn't get through to our elders, so dd had her usual one and the children went to their classroom! Sigh. But she and the minister talked after service and will plan on his message next week.

Several compliments on the car choice. I was interested to notice about myself that I was anxious to tell the year of the car to each person who asked about the experience. Hmmm .. ... I suppose I was subconsciously thinking that it looked so nice I didn't want anyone to think I hadn't been frugal. Our bass song leader told me he first thought it was newer than my other car, so that made me feel good.

Now I have the responsibility of taking the tag from my old car and getting everything out of glove box and trunk. Dd says she can meet me at the collision place tomorrow evening to accomplish that. Then I suppose I'll sign whatever the ins co wants me to sign.

the week ahead, so far:
Monday completing lesson plans, finishing car stuff
Tuesday teaching, handle recycling (lots of cardboard from furniture)
Wednesday returning rental car

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:30 pm

We have a candidate coming in next week and several church get-togethers are organized to welcome him. He has not been offered the position yet, but it sounds to me like the board has made up its mind. He only has to preach sermons on one Sunday, and then we'll see. But for this one, the board decides without our congregation voting or anything...I suppose if anybody sees anything they don't like they'll be seeking out board members to talk. I just don't know about this system. Interim pastor says this is a bit unusual way of doing things but not unacceptable. I personally think our board has too much power.

So we went out before it became dark and got those 6 bags of mulch down. Looks very pretty. We put the red stuff across the front. But I have 2 more places needing it so we will buy 1 more bag.

Big day tomorrow; wish us luck.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:44 am

Happy birthday to Mr. Sunny!

And welcome home to Twins and dh!

Waving to EVERYONE!!!

I will try to get back in the swing of things tomorrow.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”