Monday Make a Difference

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Monday Make a Difference

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:50 pm

Oh, great, SQUIRREL! Now I absolutely have to go look at Harmony's post last evening. :lol: Okay, now I know what you meant. And the 'powers that be' on this board barely know what we're doing -am I right? :lol:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:01 pm

The "squirrel" me and now I remember what I was really going to post. We've had lunch and cleaned up from that. Then I did 3 weeks worth of dh's pill boxes. I like doing them a few weeks ahead and then if I've missed any that might run out soon, I know soon enough that I can order them in. Won't be long before I have to figure the 'end of the year' supplies though. Have to be sure I time it just right so dh has enough here until he leaves and then change the address to our FL one. Sometimes it doesn't quite 'click' for both of ours so have to be careful. :?

Dh has a steak roast at the fire department tonight so I don't plan to go to potluck. The 'theme' for tonight is Mexican dishes and I don't really have any 'go to' recipes for that anyway. Next week is 'breakfast for dinner' and we're supposed to sign up ahead of time so there aren't duplicates. Last time this happened I had several packages of bacon in the freezer so did up about 3# for that night. Not sure if I have another thing I can make or not. Have to think on that one. May just buy coffee cakes and be done with it.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:18 pm

Homeschool is about half done. DS11 attention span is about 30 nanoseconds today. We have used all the refocus tricks-n-tips but getting the assignments done has still been an extra challenge. Some days are like that.

DH and I were finally together long enough to discuss DS11 trip to Missouri. The 2 day Missouri trip will be with a group of his public school friends. We have decided to let DS11 go. That means this month DS11 will have two trip experiences that will be out of his comfort zone. I am very pleased that DS11 is full of confidence and wants to go on these trips. This makes me happy that his confidence is bigger than his anxiety.

I just heard about Pill Packs. Apparently they have been around for years but I didn't know they existed. Hum....it looks like a fantastic system for keeping meds straight. Especially for people like DH that take many prescriptions & OTC meds every day. However, I love our pharmacist at Sams. Not only is he smart and easy to talk to, but he is also the Son-in-law of lifelong friends. Hum....but he doesn't combine all the pills together into individual packs that are clearly labeled when to take them. Thinking......

SHE card stat -
** 30 Finished today
** 25 Due today
** 10 overdue
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:23 pm

I have picked a gallon of beans. Got them in the freezer.
I had lunch.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:40 pm

it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:02 pm

home again jiggity jig.

hello dear ones.

yay on your gallon of beans d nancy.

praying his attention span goes back to normal. I still think all of us have times during the month (mine is when the pollen is high) where my attention span goes out the window. Praying he has a great time and an easy time (not too much stimulus) on his field trips. I am happy for him as well!
happy working on your cards afternoon d lady.

Welcome home d twins!

hello d elizabeth! well done on your donations
praying the cost for the new furnace isn't bad!

hello d dee! loved the squirrel moment :D

hello d everyone

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:16 pm

home - yay! I was supposed to go to d aunts today but she couldn't see us until after 2:30 - the traffic there is horrible at that time. It takes an hour (usually) to get there and much longer to get home during that time.
I will go on Wednesday after 2:30 as I can also put shopping in that area before seeing her. d mom is looking for a new coat. I will see her friday as well.
Next week, I will see her daily as d uncle is out of town.

I went to a new church with d mom this morning.

d mom and I had a interesting first impression with the priest which at first reflected , for me, on the church.

d mom and I walked in and saw the priest in a room getting ready. he said hi - and we said hi and kept walking into their chapel. he came out and said "when someone says hello to you; you turn around and say hello. (had us turn around). I thought he was staying in the room otherwise I would stopped and spoken to him.
I felt like I was back in grammar school lol. (waiting for a ruler to snap me into place - lol).

d mom was shocked as well.

I was able to let that one pass because he knew ever person he was praying about and who they were related to and all the people sitting there. He knew his parish. Then he showed his passion and gave a warm and grateful talk. He said good-bye to each person including us and asked our names etc. and asked us to come again - sincerely.

If first impressions were my only guide; d mom and I probably wouldn't have gone again. I am glad we stayed. I will say it woke us up.

very interesting way to start the day.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:24 pm

I have to finish my home blessing - it's good to be home. and dh is using my car. it's lovely to be home alone for a little bit. I wouldn't want that all the time but it is nice for a little bit.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:04 pm

Dd showed up as I was about to shower; I got in my shower then we visited, then went on to the grocery together. I forgot my list but managed to remember everything I had written down. I'm going to walk down to M's at 5 p.m. and share a glass of wine and visit.

Need to finish putting stuff away and straighten up. I still haven't refilled meds containers for the week.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:08 pm

Hi!

I'm with Elizabeth. My ex was the same. I needed improvement in one thing or another for 20 years. I was to blame for absolutely everything, even if I was 100 miles away when it happened. (Like the night he was with friends and got hit by some fireworks that went the wrong way. He got a small burn on his back, and it was all my fault.) Sigh... Thank goodness dh isn't like that.

Supper tonight is classic meatloaf, with water instead of milk because I don't have a full cup of milk. I need to take some out of the freezer.

Left kidney is still throbbing. I have an ultrasound for my ovary on Wednesday and an appointment with my regular doctor on Friday to discuss the ovary situation. It doesn't hurt, that isn't why I went to the hospital and now some ObGyn wants to take it out. So, consultation of Friday.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”