Tuesday Thank You PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Tuesday Thank You PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:50 am

Sending Happy Birthday wishes to Kathryn! I hope you have a wonderful fun-filled day and start to a new birth year.

Kathryn - Thank you for all you have done in establishing and keeping this SHE board running.

Celebrating 40 years with P&P! Pam on TV talking about some of the events in the 40 years since writing the SHE book
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Re: Tuesday Thank You PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:15 am

Dear Kathryn - Happiest of birthdays!!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:17 am

d lady - thank you so much for sharing this!!! I love pam and peggy!!!
I love that Pam is still posting on fb
She is so positive!

hello d everyone.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:37 am

Ty 4 that link LM.
Bday greeting for K in C.
Dpc made yea for progress!
Paperwork day for me.
Trash is at the curb.
I walked the ddog around the loop, more walking later on today did some shorter leash training with her on this walk.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:47 am

cheering you on through your paper work d nancy!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:51 am

I have decided to do the jobs I dislike the most (or put off) first.

The I don't wanna's when written down seem easy:
pay discover
look at bills
cut dear old dogs nails bc I let them go too long
bathrooms.
wash out humming bird feeder and refill, wash out bird water thingy's and refill.

It's supposed to hot today so working outside is off the charts today.

I am struggling with getting my daily routine done when I have to leave the house really early like yesterday. Once I am out of the house I don't want to do any house work if I come home at 4 pm. I have to figure that one out.

have a lovely day today!!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:07 am

Good morning!

Happy Happy Birthday wishes to Kathryn! I hope she checks in with us!

This board has been such a support to me over the years.

I have a.m. routine underway. I am worried sick today about the super-sized play set going up in the backyard next door. Our neighbors catty corner across the street just bought the larger house next to us and are having the play set installed today. It turns out it was approved by the HOA, although I don't know if they realized how tall and that it would overlook our bedroom window. :evil: :evil: :evil: I am ill.

I don't know if I can focus today after this. I still need to have breakfast and finish a.m. routine.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Norma

Postby Norma » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:45 am

What a wonderful surprise to find the 40th anniversary for Pam and Peggy on here this morning. I am going to sit right down and read the fun stuff today. Thank you so much Blessed.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATHRYN!! :D WE MISS YOU A LOT!!
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:49 am

Taking a pause from homeschool while DS11 goes with DH to DMIL home. DMIL continues to make daily improvements. Yesterday DMIL announced that she is strong enough to stay by herself again. DMIL still has multiple people coming in each day to check on her, but now she doesn't have someone with her 24/7. This morning DH took 2 bags of food and drinks with him to restock DMIL. DH was careful to make sure they only contain her favorite foods. it makes me smile that DMIL is once again feeling well enough to be making decisions about what she wants to eat.

Yesterday DS11 was struggling with comparing fractions with unlike denominators. He has received instructions from 3 different curriculums on this topic and has been successfully doing these type of problems over the past few weeks. However, it was like BOOM.....something erased his understanding and he forgot how. ANYway, he was extremely pleased with himself for searching for and watching multiple videos until he found the person that explained it so he could understand. I am so proud of DS11 for doing this. IMHO, this is a life skill that is much needed. When we need the knowledge but don't know how to do something, don't give up! Keep seeking until you find the person that can explain it so you can understand it.

SHE card status -
** 25 Finished today
** 34 Due today
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:16 pm

Good morning! I made the delivery to the animal org storage unit and my car and garage are less full. I will be packing another load tonight for delivery tomorrow and that should give me more space. I made the decision on the furnace - replace it, and set up appointments with the installer. He will be removing the old unit tonight. I will still have airflow with the swamp cooler. He wanted to get the head start on the install and pick up the first (of two) payments, and it works for me.

My Monday dance class that was rescheduled to 8 pm has been re-rescheduled to 7 pm. It is also being combined with a teen class. I don't mind the changes, but no one notified me and I showed up at 8. I could have been there at 7, in fact, that is a better time for me! On the way home, a poor puppy was in the road confused about where to go. I was in a position to simply stop and let him figure it out and he made it across without incident. I did not attempt to rescue him, it was obvious he was on his way home to our neighborhood coyote pack. I made myself a really nice lunch for today and decided to get to bed at a reasonable hour.

Happy Birthday to Kathryn!

CathyS: We married the same type of man first go round. How long did it take to have any desire for a romantic attachment? I have been divorced 9 years and my reaction is still, "UGH! I've done my time!" It doesn't help that I see so many desperate friends making poor decisions and that friends (and even my mom) insist that I should lower my standards and that every man deserves "a chance".

Return to “Post When You Can”