Tuesday Thank You PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Tuesday Thank You PWYC

Postby Harmony » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:43 pm

Happy Birthday Kathryn!

3 1/2 hours out in the shop with DH. We stopped for a lunch break. One shelf unit gone through, working on the workbench. Oh my goodness. Just no describing the mess out there. Ok, we're going back out.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:58 pm

hello d harmony great job on your work in the shop!!!

hello d elizabeth
hello

hi d lady so happy your d mil is doing better
have you thought about having that camera thing that you and only you can see from your cell phone/computer (we had it set up in d mil's front room
and bedroom/towards bathroom. (this is how we knew d mil fell).
I am so proud of your d son as well! great job.

hello d norma!

hello d twins! I am sorry that the set looks into your window. Is it that close?
I haven't done my morning routine - you and I can work together - just to get it done (for me - over with). ;)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:03 pm

I worked on paperwork all morning. I hadn't planned on it taking so long. I could do more - but not until tomorrow.
I have been sitting on my bahookey way too long this morning. It's already 1 pm.

I am trying to simplify my goals for today. I am looking at everything and that never works. 8-)
I have so much on the L*st and I know that it is not possible. After so many years of sweet pam and peggy and here I can see how much time it will take. (lol most of the time).

the house looks messy - I know i have been working. I am sure the dog/cats shedding adds to that lived in look. (also when I am not home, like yesterday, makes my house look even more lived in. 8-) )

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:04 pm

Hello everyone!

Happy Birthday Kathryn! Hope you are having a lovely day.

Not much new with me today...just keeping to my routines. Lunch is over and kitchen cleaned up. I have about 15 minutes until moving the clothes from the washer to the dryer then reload the washer again.

Harmony, take care in the heat out there in the garage!

Time's up for now...be back later.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:08 pm

hello d Sunny!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:09 pm

I decided to take a little break and close my eyes for a bit.

what I have to do next

clip d old dogs nails
morning routine
bathroom routine
put away routine

pull declutter items to donate.
I am enjoying staying home.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:17 pm

This is an important life skill.
When we need the knowledge but don't know how to do something, don't give up! Keep seeking until you find the person that can explain it so you can understand it.
So many people don't even realize you can use google to find what you need too.

Was it Norma who asked about the trip? We saw:

Chihuly Museum and Garden https://www.chihulygardenandglass.com/
Pike Market (Everything: produce, flowers, fish, meat, artisan crafts...unbelievable) http://pikeplacemarket.org/
Ferry to Friday Harbour on San Juan island and whale watching in that area (day trip)
Olympic sculpture park
Ferry to Victoria, B. C. where we went to Butchart Gardens and had lunch at the Fairmont Empress hotel (another day trip) https://www.butchartgardens.com/
Ferry to Bainbridge island, and lunch
Seattle Art Museum
Museum of Pop Culture with party there on last night

I'm putting some photos on Facebook too for those who are there. (Please send me a PM here if you are on Facebook and want to friend me!)

I guess we have to live with this play set next door. It is humongous and seems too close to our fence, but I think that is an illusion.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:32 pm

Had great intentions of getting here before I went to rehab this morning -but as they say, "Life got in the way". Had planned to get here early & wish dKathryn a very Happy Birthday. Wherever you are today, hoping it's a great one for you. You're missed you know. Hoping you'll be able to stop by.

Went to rehab, though a bit sleepy. Sleep last night was not great. Oh how I wish for several 'normal' nights strung together. I, at least, am getting some here and there. ;) From there I went to our cardiologist's office across the street. Wanted to ask about the monitor results from last week. The cardiac nurse came out (and I really think it got pushed to the back of her desk & in all fairness I know they had a terribly busy week) and said the monitor still showed some low heartbeats but they were mainly in my sleep. So, I'm just to continue staying off the metoprolol which is a Beta Blocker I believe & was meant for my BP. And I've actually taken it for probably more than 20 years, but it's known to slow the heartbeat. In rehab exercise I'm always monitored and the heartbeat is doing much better and for the most part I feel much better. That's one of the questions she asked me. (the PA quipped it's because I now HAVE a heartbeat. :) ) But, I also left them with a question for dh. His weight remains up and the swelling in his ankles is very noticeable. So, they took the info and will be calling him later with any decisions. Part of me feels he's still getting too much salt in some of his food choices -mainly snacking. She asked what he's eating only because they've been trying to get one patient's fluid down. Discovered last week that he's eating out at least 4x a week. Yep! That'll do it. Restaurants are famous for adding salt, sugar and fats & that's why food almost always tastes so good out. Say nothing about the additional calories!

Came home, fixed lunch, took a break during which I snoozed just for a bit. Finally here. Now I need to work on all those things I need to put in writing -for end of the year.

Last night DS-R called to ask dh when he's planning on going to FL. It's kind of up in the air, depending on what dcampowner decides on shutting the water off. Campers are paid through October 31st which falls on Thursday this year. By that time there are campers left few and far between. Won't surprise me if he decides to turn the water off the Sunday night before. But there's always some who will complain. A lot depends on when he can get the big compressors they use. Our boys want one or the other to drive him down -and wouldn't take no for an answer. He asked me today if I'd been talking to them. I don't think I have. DS-A asked me a couple weeks ago about him driving down and was thinking about it at that point. But I think all I said was that their Dad is stubborn & I wouldn't be surprised if he'd say no to that. But last night he in fact told DS-R that it really might be a relief.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:38 pm

I am back from a paper work errand yea for success!
Walked the dog again this morning.
I had lunch.
I cleaned most of the sinks.
Fruit I chopped up is thawing before I do up apple plum fruit bread two more loaves to make ...
It is in the oven now.

Thinking on a plan for dinner.
Green beans from the garden for one veg. , mix. Veg for the other and possibly hb patties.
Stuffed squash later in the week.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:09 pm

Happy birthday dKathryn!! Yes, you are missed. As are the escapades of the K in C family, especially your dgs and dgd.

Hi everyone!

Elizabeth I left my ex less than 4 months after my ex high school sweetheart came back into my life.

Supper tonight... try to damper down the ooohs and aaahs... hot dogs. I will heat a can of beans to go with. Dh requested the hot dogs.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”