Wednesday, Already?!? What?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Wednesday, Already?!? What?

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:35 pm

d lady he sounds like a an awesome kid. such a cool kid!
I also look at how I do my own work. sometimes I get the work done (lol sometimes not) but that doesn't mean my attitude is always super chipper and thrilled to have to do the work 8-) :D

Some days it seems we spend more time and energy on how to interact with others than we do on actual school work.
I think that's wonderful! it's all of life's learning.

so cute about your dgd - pretend to sleep a little long. dd younger was like this.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:37 pm

time for lunch - why - because I am hungry! :D

Next work: finish morning routine - a little late. first floor work and declutter stuff put in car so that I can drop it off at recycling centre.

My inner over goal-er wants to work on putting up a pole in dd youngers closet but I know that is not reality.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:52 pm

Dh just spoke with our cardiologist's office. He wants him to 'double' up on his eplerenone (for fluid retention). They've called in a new prescription to W algreen's to reflect that change. Hopefully, along with closely monitoring his salt intake will do the trick. He also has to go for blood work next Wednesday to see how his counts are.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:37 pm

praying for your dh and that the medicine works well.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:41 pm

dh told me his stress level is high. for him, if there are a couple things going on during a 2 week time it stresses him out. glad he told me. I knew something was wrong as he has been sitting a lot and not doing anything. it's a worry for me but now I know.

He has an eye dr. appointment tomorrow (this set him off), his class reunion saturday that he is thrilled about, and a family gathering the following week. the eye appointment (he says he can't change or that he couldn't change earlier - I told him that I can help him (in the future) with saying no and helping him move appointments.

okay time to finish my morning routine.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:16 pm

dishes put away
clean sink
counters cleaned
vacuumed the kitchen
looked at this weeks zones. zones????!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: 8-) ;) :lol: kitchen zone

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:55 pm

DS11 has completed his homeschool assignments. I still need to grade several of them which I will get to after taking a break.

I'm making pumpkin cupcakes to send to the two church potlucks I started out thinking I would make a couple loves of pumpkin breadbut changed my mind while putting the ingredients together. I decided it would be easier to serve if they were in cupcake liners. I did add some raisins to the batter because that is how DH likes them. I'll probably decide to add some cream cheese frosting to them after they have cooled. #CookingWithOutAPlan

Thanks to RunKitty's smart suggestion to my question how to add fiber to my diet, I cooked a big pot of beans this morning. From my preliminary analysis, it looks like if I add one cup of beans to my daily intake then I will meet my daily fiber goal. Easy solution. There are about a billion ways to incorporate legumes into daily diet especially if you like being creative. I like to eat them plain but I'm not against drawing outside of the lines either. :0
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:01 pm

Nancy said:
It is cooler so I am needing a jacket.

Oh, I wish! I think it was 97 here yesterday, but "only" 93 for a high today. We did have some storms last night and the clouds are cooling things down a bit today. Looks like we have highs mostly in the 80s by next week.

Loooooonng meeting today but dfriend that we travel with was there - she is joining my chapter. When I left I had to rush to get home and pick up CPAP to take to new durable medical goods supplier. I've given up on the old one. The respiratory therapist today was great and I got the supplies I need and a schedule of how often to replace and how to clean. When I first got the CPAP six years ago it was very rushed and they didn't go over most of this...

I am so sleepy, I suspect from eating the lunch at the meeting. Lots of carbs in casserole and I had dessert and feel sluggish. I think I will nap just a little.

LadyM, I also make a chickpea cold salad by adding basil, tomatoes, and feta cheese, and a little olive oil. It's delicious!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:10 pm

so interesting - re: beans - thank you d run kitty for sharing it with d lady and thank you d lady for sharing it with us! I will start adding beans to my diet. I love most beans.

my work for the house is done today. I also did #1 of my 3 put away chores. sometimes I don't see things that we leave out; I become blind to it.
time for shower and then head out. it's funny - I see my d mom daily (normally). I didn't see her yesterday as I needed time away from everyone (I know that sounds terrible). I am heading out on my own for visiting d aunt and to do errands without d mom - so weird. She leaves at the end of october (depending on her hernia surgery time.)

She has an opportunity to go, (with her old coffee clutch group of 55 years), to one of the women's farms for 4 days. Someone else will drive. I am trilled she said yes. I didn't expect her to say yes. It scares her as she worries about her health and closeness to hospitals (always). Now I am hoping that the surgeons don't recommend her, for her hernia surgery, before the group gets together at the end of the month.

quick hi to d twins... hope you take that well deserved and restful nap.

ta ta - heading for the shower and then out the door.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:00 pm

Yes to welcoming cooler weather! It hasn't arrived here yet but it's in our forecast.

This morning DH went to the city to purchase water bottles to have at church. He purchased 1500 bottles today. Last week I made an emergency trip to get 160 bottles to get us by until DH could do a restocking trip. It is vital to keep people from getting too hot. Wet towels, ice-cold water bottles are always available for everyone. A couple of weeks ago a soldier died from heatstroke just a few miles from here.

DBro is on one of his Bucket List trips. He is at Pendleton Rodeo in Oregon. DBro posted a picture of himself on the west coast beach wearing his typical clothes (cowboy boots, jeans, plaid long sleeve shirt, cowboy hat) and received several remarks about lack of proper beach attire. DBro replied that he didn't need to remove clothes but instead he needed to add a coat because it was 60 degrees. :shock:

39 SHE cards completed
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”