Wednesday, Already?!? What?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Wednesday, Already?!? What?

Postby Harriet » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:08 am

It's Wednesday! Do you know where your week is?

Don't let it get into a bunch of trouble without you!

(Meaning, perhaps (?) that, gee, you deserve to get into a little trouble, too?)

No, no, no. :roll: Sorry, I thought I saw a squirrel there for a second.

Meaning that, with your attention, your week can stay out of trouble!

Happy Belated Birthday to Kathryn

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Wednesday, Already?!? What?

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:14 am

Today will bring many remembrances of September 11, 2001. Can it be 18 years already. So many lost so much on that terrible day. My thoughts are with all their loved ones today. Some are still reaping the effects of being heroes that day. Bless them all, bless us all.

Had a very good night's sleep last night but still didn't want to get up this morning. Felt so good!

DD's principal gave dd her blessing to attend the video competition in Washington, D.C. in March. Told her she couldn't miss 'such an opportunity'. At least it gives dd plenty of time to plan for her sub and work(s) to be completed during that week. Then the next week she's off on spring break. DD goes with a dfriend (our 'adopted' dd :D ) who is the teacher of this group. They did very well in Seattle earlier this year.

I slept so well last night I never even heard it rain. But rain it did as I see we had well over 1/2". I even had the bedroom door open and still didn't hear it.

Time for me to get busy. I'm blessed today just because I CAN!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:00 am

I am heading out soon for DAR meeting. Have walked the dog, s2s-ed and done most of a.m. routine. Not eating a real breakfast since lunch is 11:30ish.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:22 am

gosh I love this
Meaning that, with your attention, your week can stay out of trouble!

good morning d Harriet!
thank you for always helping us!
thank you for starting our day.

d dee. it is hard to think it has been 18 years. so much loss and so much unnecessary violence all because of hate. I wish people could see that we are more alike than different.

Bless them all, bless us all.
Ditto d dee and Amen!
I'm blessed today just because I CAN!
wonderful

hello d twins. enjoy your meeting!

hello d all!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:28 am

Hi!

Supper tonight will be butter chicken and aloo gobi with basmati rice and naan bread.

Heading out to have the interior ultrasound today.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:33 am

working hard to stay out of the intensity that is my family. They honestly don't know the effect it has but if I choose to stay out of it then I can breath in and stay away from it.

So today I am looking at what I can do 8-) :D
I even wrote a note to myself: What is reality? what can I do (in reality) with my time and my work?
my answer is: simplify my expectations.

I have to leave at 2:00 for d aunts. it takes me an hour to get there but I enjoy it bc I can go out to the beach if d mom isn't with me. she will be busy with my brothers wife and her sister. (I wish they would have a better marriage - she is nice on her own - but each person has their own loveliness and their own ways of dealing with their own growth). So nice that she is coming in to visit her when she is in town. very nice.
Mom wants me to go with but that is bc she does socially when I am there. They want to spend time with her; I think that it is important that I don't become the gate keeper for mom.

Next week I am planned to be at d aunts everyday as d uncle is will be on well deserved vacation.

oops time to work before the heat of the day builds upstairs

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:33 am

waving hi to d Cathy.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:05 am

I am up a bit later today.
It is cooler so I am needing a jacket.
I need to mix up sandwich bread then walk while it raises.
H got the tunnel cover on the truck last evening was really excited about it.
I spiffed the bed up.
Walked the dog.

Planted tulip bulbs.
Bread is proofing w/ a pan of water in the oven.
Made progress on paper work.
Had lunch.
Did a bit of prep for our dinner.
Worked on clearing off the table.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:04 pm

I am hoping some of your coolness comes here d nancy!. it is so hot and humid. Not the weather I expect for us in September. it's like summer is trying to cling on - she (summer) is not happy to let go so easily.

worked on one bedroom
worked on bathrooms upstairs. I still don't get how dh's bathroom gets so dirty (if I miss a day). I don't know why the clorox tab in the tank is not doing what it usually does for his bathroom

I am loving my new hand held steamer - it makes jobs easier. (I normally would have to scrub like crazy but a couple jets of steam over an area seems to loosen up the dirt for easier cleaning).
Kat of a better life with Kat had recommended it a long time ago.

dd younger took care of something with d uncle she should have done last week - so that is off my radar - it was going to be off my radar anyway but I would get brought in (not by dd) it would be d uncle, d mom, d brother (in judgement and attitude). My brother called him. (I knew he was still frustrated that dd went to d mom's place even though he wasn't asked. I knew that one wasn't over). But she is a grown up and has to be responsible and take care of things right away. (i still would have given it back to dd to handle.) she didn't tell him that she moved out of the house after during the hurricane scare. . but now he knows and that she hired a cleaning team to come in after she comes back. it's a good lesson on how to take care of things (talk to them) right away.

She filed a small claims court thingy bc one man will not pay her for the work she did. She has worked on the project since April without him calling her back to finish things - she did it professionally anyway - it was lovely - dd older is very direct and agreed this work was well done. Another person she works with that knows him said she needs to pursue this in court. i guess that alcohol is a problem in this person. Explains the lack of follow through on his part and all the work she put into it without getting paid. a Good lesson in contracts and business. (one that she would rather not have). Can't say she hasn't learned a lot since she moved there. lots of growing up. lots of life's reality. of course I will pray for dd and I will also pray hard for this man that alcohol is no longer a burden on him.

mom called and she asked if i wanted to go to lunch with her again. I was kind but said no thank you. Why my stomach always goes bad when this happens. therapist time. :D I need to work this one out.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:27 pm

CUOP'ing while waiting for DS11 to finish an assignment. Homeschool is going well. DS11 attitude isn't. Adjustment is happening. I write this and think it makes DS11 sound horrible. He really isn't. He is an awesome fella. All kids need guidance. It does seem like we are just consistently focusing on how to interact with others. The tone of words spoken matter. Smart alec replies to elders are not acceptable. etc. Some days it seems we spend more time and energy on how to interact with others than we do on actual school work. I totally admit that I think of how CathyS, Elizabeth, and others have described being treated by their previous husbands and the heartache it caused. I don't want to raise a child that will treat their spouse (or anyone) that way.

DGD8 morning went well. DGD8 isn't a morning person so getting her up and going is always a challenge. I got her dressed while she kept her eyes closed so she could pretend to sleep a few extra moments. LOL. I made breakfast for the kids while DGD8 brushed her teeth and packed her backpack. The kids ate breakfast while I got dressed. Then I brushed DGD8 long tangled hair until the alarm to leave for school went off. I braided it and called it good enough. Then we went OTD to drive her to school.

In between other things I've been doing updates to laptops since yesterday was Patch Tuesday (Microsoft monthly update). Also the android software on our phones has released another update. Thankfully everything has updated smoothly.

SHE cards status -
** 22 Finished today
** 28 Due today
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”