Thursday 5 x 5

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Thursday 5 x 5

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:22 pm

thanks for sharing d lucy!

hello d lady
hello d lucy
hello d cathy
hello d twins
hello d harmony
hello d harriet
hello d everyone.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:05 pm

-upstairs - spend 45 min upstairs decluttering and straightening up
-stamping - give myself some time to play! Counting DAR Genealogy education program as "play" although I would have enjoyed stamping so much!
-body work+ two errands (out of the house tasks) moved these to tomorrow, I will also need to go to Goodwill tomorrow and will have a printer for electronics recycling next to glass recycle.
-catch up on steps - I need to be at 32K steps at bedtime, have caught up some, but not there. I have over 8K today and am still about 2K short of 32K
-write 45 min minimum on case study not done, am I procrastinating?

Maybe I need to consider my list more carefully?

I am so tired tonight!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:35 pm

I got several things done early today around the house. Made the marinade for those tofu cubes this morning and they are waiting in the fridge. Then they are to be baked in the morning.

Desk - finally got ahold of the bulletin cover company and got an assurance they are shipping the fourth quarter ones today. They were bought out by another company or something and lost their customer service dept and part of shipping, and have not been sending full orders, or sending invoices. So the lady who does our bulletins has been frustrated and so have I.

Errand/Desk - Got the power of attorney for the auto transfer notarized and mailed to the insurance company. (just one foot in front of the other, slowly)

Thanks for wishes! A good point to the day was that I got HRH's pineapple upside down cake made.
A not-so-good point was that I forgot and put the cake batter in first. Sigh. :|

How do you make such a mistake? Company at the door. Suddenly a lot going on.

I put the butter, brown sugar and pineapple slices into the food processor and pulsed a few times to make a topping. Put that into a saucepan and got it a little bit caramelized. Then spread that over the cake after it cooled. It sorta looked like I maybe meant to do that.

Dstepson and ds have both been over today. Also dstepdil.

Poor dd is covered in mosquito bites. She is so susceptible. Every few years we have a real season for them and she is in misery. She wears long jeans of a heavy weight and still gets bites even on her legs through the day at the univ. Ds assured her that the West Nile is incredibly rare. I think she appreciated hearing that reassurance even though she really already knew. I'm thinking garlic capsules couldn't hurt. And spraying bug spray on her shoes and lower part of jeans as she leaves every morning. I'll read the bottle to see if it could be more.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:49 pm

I got the sinks cleaned and bathroom counters today. Yea for feeling better.
I painted the poles for workbench supports for the she shed.
Had a failed loaf of bread glad I bought sandwich bread for hubby.
Got the kitchen counters spiffed up.
Hunted up the camp shovel and 3 gal. Bucket in case h. Needs it on his atv day trip.
I had to water it is hot again here.
I found a few cherry toms to pick.
I used my new inks with a glass fountian pen hand writing pratice was fun.
Got out the chair I want to paint tomorrow and I need to paint the trash can for the she shed.
Dinner was yummy.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:46 pm

Dh takes garlic capsules (for bp, I think) but he says mosquitos never bother him, Harriet.

Whew! Dgs did not want to go to bed at his regular hour but he has been quiet ever since I left him.
No cards pulled today! He was very pleased with himself!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”