Thursday 5 x 5

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Thursday 5 x 5

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:12 pm

dd has sat again all morning reading his phone and looking at the computer.
He looks great but I think once the eye dr. appointment is over with tomorrow then maybe he will be back to routines.

finished out important bills that are due in 4 days.
money is tight this month. oh well - better to have money to pay the bills and it be tight than not having money for food, board etc.
also finished the morning routine
some flip flop and put away of laundry

ta ta for now.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:17 pm

I love beans also. I put 3 different kinds in the chili I make and we eat red beans & rice too.

Not a good start to my morning, but day is progressing. I went to bed early (for me) and woke up early and put the news on. I should have gotten up the next time I woke up...but still had time... and next time I opened my eyes, my dentist appointment was 15 minutes away. Brushed and flossed, took meds, dressed and out the door. Dentist is 5 minutes away from me, I was 1 minute late. Phew!

Lucylee, I'm glad you got your tooth fixed. Hygienist was away today so the dentist did the cleaning himself. I've never had such a thorough cleaning! And he fixed my chip and it was quite the process. He bonded something to the filling that was already there, used that light thing to harden, sculpted and ground and polished a couple times until he was satisfied. He didn't have to remove the existing filling and do any drilling of tooth. I did notice the charge was a regular filling charge.. which was ok since it did take him a long time to do.

Back home for breakfast, put LOL in. DH and I looked around in shop; he wanted to know where some stuff was... and we did another 15 minutes on one spot.

Last evening I was a little teary-eyed, thinking about all the stuff we've been doing and the amount of stuff still here to do, a very discouraging feeling. But seeing some of the progress in the light of day I feel a bit better about it all.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:15 pm

wow - good for you that you got there in time d harmony!!! well done. how wonderful that the dentist did some additional work including cleaning.

I have been feeling exactly the same way:
thinking about all the stuff we've been doing and the amount of stuff still here to do, a very discouraging feeling.
I am glad in the light of the day - you can see that your work is building upon itself and getting done.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:21 pm

I am trying to balance things and get things done.
If only I had some money to do the repairs I want to get done. it's my own fault for using credit cards again even if I am not spending on things I don't need. food money and ordering in bc I haven't planned meals (a bad habit in the summer) still seems to be an issue. Also getting dd youngers flights when we have large family gathering. It's important that she's here but it is expensive. She pays for most but has needed me to help at other times.
well plane tickets bought for the end of next week for dd younger to come home. She will stay here 5 days.

we were supposed to all go for the Foil, Arms and hog show in October but she will have to miss it bc I can't afford it and neither can she. I will ask either d mom to come or d sil. (depending on her surgery date.)

I do Christmas and thanksgiving (I know that is coming up). and one more for this september

I am praying she can soon make enough money to live without constant worry. Not fancy shmancy.
i can't say she isn't working hard: she is.

okay: time for some more anti procrastination work and zone work. It' looks like I will be out of the house all day doing errands and shopping for d mom. I need new shoes for dh's class reunion on saturday. at least my hair is done.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:25 pm

I meant to post when I got home from body work. I probably won't get to the two errands out of the house today. I didn't get the stuff into my car (shred and glass for recycling) so I suspect I won't get back out today. I did work upstairs more than 45 min on my genealogy office, which has been such a mess and clutter. I put a lot of the pictures and stuff from mother's house in there, "until I could go through it" and there it all sits. So that got moved to the bonus room with the rest of my pictures and I cleared the day bed and changed out the quilt on it and made it look nice, got down to the top of the desktop, and generally worked on straightening up. I left a bunch of stuff at the top of the stairs however, and I'll have to bring it down and dispose...

---------------------------------

This sat on my computer forever. I've started washing towels from dog sitter last week and am working on the DAR genealogy education module. That wasn't on my list for today so perhaps I'm side tracked...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:27 pm

Hi!

I think I already did 5 things. Let's see...

Garbage and recycling gathered and taken to the end of the driveway.
Grocery shopping done. (Mostly put away)
Craft Guild attended.
Dropped dh's sample off at the lab.
Banking done at my bank. (As compared to the bank where dh and I have a joint account. That is a Friday job because they have popcorn on Fridays.)

Yep, that's 5. Bonus things... unloaded and refilled dishwasher and ran it. Did some large pots and pans and sharp knives by hand. Made the bed as well. Put away a load of clothes that were still in the dryer. :oops:

Supper will be tuna casserole.

Now that I am off of the antibiotics, the pain in my side is almost gone. I may have passed the stone. I never felt it. Sometimes they are the size of a grain of sand.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:29 pm

Maybe I did 5 things... let's see...
* took dgd to speech therapy
* went to post office, paid tv satellite bill
* went to atm, got $$ for weekend
* home, played with dgd, sent email to teacher group
* copied & printed newspaper articles a cousin had sent me last night, family info, emailed to ds
* picked up dgs at science club, took dgd home
* made correction to teacher email b/c something was bugging me... LOL... perfectionism...

Bold print items were my 4x4, I guess. I'm not cooking tonight so we'll go out and get something in a little while.

This is what was bothering me about my email. I said "(Jane Doe) has agreed to be responsible for the October meeting..." I just kept looking at that, after I emailed it (and got my copy in email) and I thought, Jane didn't have to "agree" to anything! She OFFERED to do this. This doesn't sound right... so I did a reply all and told them that. I said I had been an English teacher too long and it was just nagging at me. Didn't want it to look like the officers were out twisting arms or anything. * sigh * I am so self-conscious.

I asked dh if it was bad that I was wearing the same exact thing to the ballgame this week that I wore last week (because I only have one white t-shirt I like, and it will be HOT again.)
DH said, "Yes, I'm pretty sure all 89,000 people there will be looking at you and laughing." :roll:

Cathy, I am so glad to hear you are having less pain! Hope that stone is gone gone gone!!!

WTG on the dentist appt, Harmony! (((HUGS))) for the shop work. Y'all are doing GREAT! Every little bit makes a difference! I can just imagine all your dh has accumulated. Dmom said ddad was exactly the same way; he would finish a job and have little bits and pieces of materials left over that he just couldn't bear to throw away, "might need this some day." Then it got to the point that if someone HAD needed it, she wouldn't have had any idea if he had it or where to find it. That's why she hired to local "we chunk junk" guy to just clean it out. (I'm sure there's still a lot of stuff left behind, but he filled up a large truck.)

Blessed, you mentioned that your dh has trouble if too much stuff is planned. My dh is the same way. He can't really deal with it if he has too much to do in a day/week. I mean, if he has a doctor's appt on a certain day, well, NOTHING else is going to happen on that day. You can't say, "after you get through..." Noooo... he's not going to PLAN anything else. IF he gets out earlier than he expected and feels good about whatever the doctor said, he might be up for errands or something, but he's not going to PLAN anything extra. It just stresses him out.

I don't care for beans too much, except in chili or in red beans and rice. I am just not a fan of a lot of vegetables, and I know that is NOT a good thing. I like regular tossed salads, but I would get tired of them if we had them every night.

Waving to all. Hope y'all have a good evening! :D
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:30 pm

Ooops --
Happy birthday, HRH!!! Hope y'all have a happy celebration, Harriet! :D
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:03 pm

I've finished 4 out of 5 of my things but the last one isn't going to get done today. We had 4 people drop by to visit so my time was spent enjoying talking to them.

I am most definitely not a night owl. It is only 6pm but i'm ready to call it a day. I'm going to watch an episode or two of a show on Netfl*x while waiting for kids bedtime.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:25 pm

Not sure I've done 5x5 today at all. I was really sleepy after rehab and going to see friend today. Will try to get to bed in the next hour so I can do it all over again tomorrow.

But FIRST...……………. I have to find both dh's passport and his medicare card. I was sure he had it when we saw his Primary in August, but maybe not. So I'm sure I'll complete at least 5 things while I'm on this hunt. :cry: :roll:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”