Thursday 5 x 5

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Thursday 5 x 5

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:33 am

I'm looking for focus today! After being away, I'm slowing getting back into the swing of things.

Setting out my top 5 for the day will help keep me on track!

What are your goals for today? Let's go!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Thursday 5 x 5

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:56 am

Um, now to figure out what my top five are!

-upstairs - spend 45 min upstairs decluttering and straightening up
-stamping - give myself some time to play!
-body work + two errands (out of the house tasks)
-catch up on steps - I need to be at 32K steps at bedtime
-write 45 min minimum on case study
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:36 am

Good Morning!

Twins - 32K steps in one day?!?!

Harriet - you are absolutely right about beans. I lost the focus on improving cholesterol numbers. It only gets checked once a year so I tend to forget about it. Having the daily fiber goal helps me to renew and refocus the health benefits of eating beans on a daily basis.

Today is a normal Thursday schedule for me. It does have the addition of a monthly luncheon with DFriends at little town community center.

My 5x5 are
* Sheets off 4 beds, washed, dried and back on
* Homeschool Day #45 of 6th Grade
* 100-day goals awareness
* Eldercare (DMom and DMIL)
* Meds packed
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:47 am

No, sorry LadyM, didn't mean to mislead! I need to be at 4 x 8K = 32K steps at the end of today. I'm at 23K steps so I'm making my 8K goal today plus a little more to catch up. Out the door right now!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:19 am

Making progress rptoday.
Journal x
Walk dog x
Planning x
Swiffer bathroom floors X
Breakfast x.

Had green beans from the garden in our soup last nite for dinner it was tasty.
I need a meal plan for tonight considering stuffed squash. :mrgreen:
I am back from errands successful yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:29 am

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HRH! Hoping each day brings him closer to full recuperation!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:39 am

I woke up at 9 (9 am! o my gosh). I originally woke up at 6 and thought I could just close my eyes and have a restful start to the day. well - I sure rested myself into uncomfortable sleep for a couple more hours. It's better for me to just get my day started.

spoke to d uncle about d aunts care (his ex) while he and his d wife (aunt) is on vacation. I am worried as d aunt wasn't herself yesterday but she has been doing great up until yesterday. I always worry about meds or strokes. She is still in rehab until Saturday so they will be watching her. Hopefully, being home will help her feel like her old self.

I am going to start my day. today will be my anti procrastination day and also one more donation run. hair time at 12:45

hello d twins... cheers on your walking!!!

good morning d lady you have a busy day... hope it is wonderful

hello d all!!! enjoy your day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:42 am

Wanted to get those wishes in before I forget. What? Forget? SQUIRREL!

Went to rehab this morning -only got about 4 hours sleep last night. Why oh why can't I string a couple of good nights together. :x I keep hoping.

For some reason I had texted our DSs and DDILs that the date for our church service honoring me was the 26th! So DS-A wrote back this morning: "Wrong date, do you mean September 29th?" So had to write them all again that it's the 22nd of September. And I had told dd via text that it was the 15th. Obviously I didn't look at the messages before I sent them. In fact dd had looked at air fares for the 15th (and she reminded me that DS-R & DDIL will be in Hershey, PA at the camper show on that date -I did know that!) Luckily she didn't book a flight as they were way too expensive. But I had told her it'll be a small thing and not to worry about coming up anyway. Egads! :roll: :o

It's in the 50's today -had the AC going yesterday. But it's going to warm back up for a little bit. Hoping it doesn't get too warm though.

I just tried making a new l&&t for me for a "focus" room per day & what I want/need to accomplish in each one of those days. I put: Sun: Hallway & Deck (there's relatively little there); Mon: Bathroom; Tues: Bedroom; Wed: Kitchen; Thurs: Living Room; Fri: Office (this is just a corner of our RV but warrants its own 'room' status); and Sat: Dining room/area. I'll see how that goes in keeping everything ship/shape. Of course I'll have to touch on each of them almost daily -like swishing in the bathroom & making the bed, doing dishes, etc etc etc.

Time to get dh's lunch ready. Then I'm traveling about 30 miles south of here to take my BP meds to a dfriend. She takes the same mg of the same pill. Hate to just toss them when I know it'll save her some $$.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:25 pm

Good morning everyone! Yesterday, I finally remembered to schedule a bulky item pickup, but the price is now $29 instead of $5! I decided to start cutting up the bulky item and put it in the regular trash. I needed more light and a drill type screwdriver to complete the process, but much progress has been made. I also filled up the trash can, so it will be a several week process. My garage is much easier to get around in, because I delivered more cat crates to the animal org storage unit. I ate out, but I think my absolute favorite dish, mongolian beef, is starting to disagree with me. LOLs done, but not completely put away.

The friend of a friend who was invited camping with us texted me that she may or may not be able to go, and I am free to give her space to someone else if necessary. Don't know her well enough to know if this is "wait and see if I have a better offer" or "can I get something essential done in time". I think I will contact someone else, but offer to include her another time. If it is the latter, no harm done, but if it is the former, it won't happen again.

Miracle of miracles: I went to bed at a reasonable time. I also remembered to pack some donatables for a drive at payroll and deliver them today.

I am sure glad to learn that beans are good for cholesterol from my CUOP. I love me some green beans and many legumes. Some of the more extreme dieters at work (paleo? lo/no carb? wackiness of the month?) are avoiding them. They are probably the healthiest things I eat.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:09 pm

quick hello before heading out...
hello d elizabeth, d dee, d nancy
and all before and after
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”