Fulfilled Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Sunny

Re: Fulfilled Friday PWYC

Postby Sunny » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:54 pm

Hello! It has been cool and misty here all day. Temp. has not been above 70* and is now 68*; a welcome relief from 95*.

Happy Belated Birthday to HRH! I did look in here to read and fully intended to respond, but got pulled away and never made it back.

Gee, Twins', it would be good if your water issue could be fixed before they say it will!

I feel fulfilled when I am finished with whatever I am working on, even if it is only routines. Then I am satisfied and can enjoy relaxing with something pleasurable.

Wednesday morning started out normally with pet care, breakfast, etc. I had taken dMinnie out to walk twice by 10 a.m. The third time was just before we left for our errands. It was then I discovered that a huge limb on the silver maple tree in the front yard had broken off and fell into the yard, but it was still attached by shreds of wood. When we came home from our outing I parked the car much closer to the corner than usual.

Wednesday was an errand day. We stopped at the insurance office first, then on to W-M pharmacy to pick up an rx refill. The insurance office is on Main Street and we had to park in a nearby city lot. Then there were three steps up into the building and it took dh a lot of effort to get up those steps, only to find the office was on the second floor with no elevator. So dh had to sit on his walker chair to wait. The office was closed. I found out when I called yesterday it is a satellite office open only for appointments! :roll:

Yesterday I had been contemplating how to pull the broken limb down safely before we had another windy day. Dh likes to sit on the front porch in the afternoons and was outside when our neighbor-S came home and dh asked if he would look at the tree and see if he could pull the limb down, which he did very easily! It is so good to have nice neighbors who keep an eye on us! Now all I have to do is cut up the smaller parts of the branches and will stack them by the porch for disposal later. We are not supposed to put yard waste in the city bins, so ds#3 said he would bring his yard bin out and load it all up for his pick up day.

Today has been normal Friday routines, so far....
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:14 pm

I had to clean up after dough expanded past the confines of the pan, learned via google that I should turn oven on to the lowest setting on the oven then turn it off to rise dough. I was able to rescue it got it cleaned up. Bread was okay after all that.
I painted a chair and one other smaller project, mowed the grass.
Have dinner in the crock pot.
I have another batch of make ahead meals in the oven.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:40 pm

Homeschool is done for the week. I love Friday's because we do a light load of school work.

We made a trip to the city to get oil & transmission fluid changed in the pickup. While DH was doing that I shopped at Sam for items on the Buy This list.

Before we left the city we went through the Chickfila drive-through. When we arrived the drive-through line was wrapped more than twice around the building with well over a dozen vehicles ahead of us. However, it only took 12 minutes from the time we arrived until we had our food and was leaving. They have an amazing organized system of serving a large number of orders in a short amount of time. The food was fresh & hot and the shakes were thick & perfect (according to the kids).

I am going to relax and kick my feet up for a bit. I am ready for some quiet time after shopping with kids in a store full of people.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:12 pm

I've accomplished some report modifications. It is a report involving the changelog and whenever I look at anything in the changelog, I find bugs! I reported the first one, a developer fixed it, and asked me to test that the fix worked. Yep, it did. But in the process of looking at it, I had to send him two more bugs.

I still have not written up my list for this weekend. One thing I would like to do is talk to my newest neighbors. Yesterday, I saw a medical van outside their house. One that brings things like oxygen. I hope nothing is wrong. They just moved from Alaska. It is not uncommon for sea level people to need oxygen here, but the van delivers other things as well.

TwinsMom: Some gyms have a one week trial period ... and showers!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:33 pm

I just finished the DAR genealogy education course. At least that's done. I won't start another for awhile, until I have time for it and am better organized. (And you may ask, pray tell, when will that happen?) I do need to do a new member course too.

I need to take care of the stuff at the top of the stairs (have you heard that before???) and then, per Harriet's suggestions, will use bathroom and make up wipes to wash up a bit...

Temple at 6 p.m. Oy.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:41 pm

Best and freshest wishes, Twins'!

The ***Holiday Planning, 2019*** thread is up in The Creative Home forum!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:05 pm

(((Twins)))

LadyM, I’m always saying that it would be a better world if everything operated like ChickFilA. All you said, and they are always so friendly and polite.
Tomorrow is another day.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:11 pm

Norma is back in the hospital, but that’s all
I know till Sweetie talks to Mr Guy tomorrow
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:07 pm

Belated bday wishes to HRH.

Today was my cooking day.
Laundry is going now. I will get one load this evening and get the rest this weekend tackling my. Washmore if anyone wishes to join me .

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:40 pm

Ramblin' we appreciate knowing, thank you.
Hoping for good news for our dear Norma soon.

Thanks to all for those bday wishes for HRH.

until I have time for it and am better organized

I wonder if I could live up to "no new projects" until better organized. I am trying, but it is a slow climb!

Return to “Post When You Can”