Fulfilled Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Fulfilled Friday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:56 am

fulfilled

Definition of fulfilled
1: feeling happiness and satisfaction
… giving truly did make him feel happy and fulfilled.

: feeling that one's abilities and talents are being fully used
felt fulfilled as an actor

2: providing happiness and satisfaction
living a more fulfilled life

By last night I was worn out, but felt I hadn't done the things that were important because I went "off target."

What are the things you do that leave you feeling fulfilled?

And how do we make sure that our best efforts go to the things that leave us feeling fulfilled? Let's stay away from the "bright shiny objects" that pull us away from more fulfilling pursuits! (Look! Squirrel!!)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Re: Fulfilled Friday PWYC

Postby Harriet » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:06 am

Teaching the long-prepared lesson about women in scripture to our study group Tuesday was fulfilling to me.

However, with a big emphasis on that, plus having to replace a vehicle at the same time, with that ensuing travel/search, the house has not been at its best.

Today I want to be fulfilled by cleaning bathrooms. (smile)

Also I must get by the bank
Do some cooking
Call insurance agent
Extra attention to kitchen
Extra laundry

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:12 am

Although I was tired last night I had trouble getting to sleep. I think it was because I felt I had been off track and not made good use of my day. I'm also struggling with getting down to writing on the portfolio. I think I do want to do it, but some days wondering if I can buckle down and get it done.

This is a weird morning here also because we have very very low water pressure. A water main break of some kind occurred last night in our entire downtown and we're kind of on the outskirts of it. Some water, but so slow. Downtown businesses and schools have closed. It's not due to be fixed until late today and I don't know whether ours will get worse as the day goes on? I texted dcleaning lady, who is coming about 11:45 today, to let her know if case she wants to reschedule. There won't be any sheets washed today, but she probably will have enough water to damp mop?

I need almost 10K steps today to catch myself up if I'm going to make the goal of 8k steps daily = 56K for the week. Getting back home and settling in hasn't been good for my activity level!

Right now I need to get the house ready for dcleaning lady if she is coming today. Also, walk the dog, and I need to figure out the rest of my day.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:16 am

thank you d twins!!!
hello

d harriet - I am thinking of your dd. praying those mosquitos stop noticing her after the garlic pills kick in. I feel for her!

I am a bit behind; I just wanted to say hello - a big and wonderful hello to you and all!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:59 am

I was up early this morning feeling fully rested. According to Fitbit I got enough hours of sleep but the quality was on my low end (70). I suspect that lower than normal sleep score was from DS11 crawling into my bed around midnight when the thunderstorm was putting on a loud light show.

make sure that our best efforts go to the things that leave us feeling fulfilled?

For me, I get the feeling of being fulfilled when I am following the SHE cards. I am almost never fully on track but I am okay with that. I find having a plan is comforting. Using a spreadsheet makes it quick & easy to update. I like the information & feedback that tracking & analyzing SHE cards gives me.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:40 am

If I need to feel fulfilled, I go look at the places that we've cleaned up, fixed up, organized. Then I feel better.

Yesterday I think I missed saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY HRH!

Got up in the night to put on the overhead fan. If I get hot it will wake me. I've been wearing PJ's with long pants (light fabric ones) because I've been soaking in the tub before bed to scrub off all the dirt better and I'm chilled when I get out... but last night it was too much. I slept better after that.

Today I brought in LOL and bent to get sox off bottom rung of the rack and my back went TWING! So I have been doing little things, careful to bend slowly. I suspect my back has been overused. I lifted and moved some very heavy things out in the shop, especially Wed. night... thinking about the street saw and the welder I had to maneuver around with some lifting... I should use some ice soon here.

I answered a letter.
Next I'm going to fiddle with the new remote which just came. I hope setting it up is easy.

Yesterday afternoon we went to the beach for a couple hours and had a lovely time floating around in the Gulf. It was quiet out there, being a Thursday, and the water was calm and we took our noodle floaters this time, so it was really nice. DH was a little amazed that we could just chill out on a Thursday and I think he finally enjoyed having free time whenever he wanted it. If only he could think this way more often. Next week will be busy as he has 2 things lined up though.

BBL

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:46 pm

Good morning everyone! I am fulfilled when I accomplish my goals. Today, I have gotten a handle on what reports need the most modifications and will start doing them! I have lots of stuff that needs to get done this weekend and I may post a list later. I had a 5x5, but it has expanded so much that I need to sort it into days of the weekend. There are some things that are definitely time constrained and need to get done ASAP. Today is payday (thank goodness), so B&B should get done. I have errands to run to grocery and craft store, also dance class. So much to do, so little weekend!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:19 pm

Harmony, floating in the gulf sounds heavenly!

My day is just seriously weirded out because we don't have water at all now. Dh wants to go to temple tonight but I seriously need a shower since today is shower day. Dcleaning lady ended up rescheduling to tomorrow because schools were cancelled altogether and she was picking up grandkids. They're saying now the earliest this will be fixed is 8 p.m. tonight, and restaurants are closing also because they can't stay open w/o running water according to health laws.

And now, I'm thrown off because dd came by and talked awhile and I also went ahead and called a locksmith and the guy was just here. The front door deadbolt has been dying a slow death and he went ahead and took care of smaller issues with the other two deadbolts. :shock:

So here it is past 1 p.m. and I haven't taken meds and skipped breakfast. I'm regrouping.

-make smoothie for lunch and take meds
-finish a.m. routine as much as possible
-get the stuff at the top of the stairs downstairs and deal with it

I needed to run errands but may just be too off center today for it. I need to do some planning also. We are having company for dinner tomorrow night, and on Sunday I am helping dd as one of her volunteers for "Jewish Cooking." I'm going to cook up a brisket on Sunday a.m. and have it sliced to reheat and serve. I'm also talking about how to cook brisket and sharing my recipe. Back to errands - it's 95 degrees feels like 100 degrees here and likely to be record breaking heat today. I don't want to leave the house right now.

DD leaves stuff behind here every time she turns around. I framed two playbills for her recently, and she still hasn't taken them home. And I just printed two recipes for Mandelbrot - a German-Jewish biscotti - for her and she left those behind, in addition to the charger for her phone that she asked about and I produced for her. :roll:

Another day that I am flailing about.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:30 pm

I feel fulfilled when I can check off most of the boxes on my daily routine list, including the weekly, and zones, and paperwork items. This is a very rare occurrence. :(

On our way to College Town.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:45 pm

Gee, Twins' Mom. Thinking. Your Temple isn't large enough, or used for enough purposes, to have any type of large bathroom that includes a shower, is it? Maybe take a "sponge bath" at a fast-food restroom outside the area without water? Taking a "sponge bath" with baby wipes? :)

Part of my cooking is done.

I've been on errands, by the bank and the healthy-foods store, where I could buy some items that aren't always available elsewhere - buckwheat cereal was the one I was happiest to finally find.

Return to “Post When You Can”