Resilient Saturday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Resilient Saturday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:41 am

re·sil·ient

adjective
(of a person or animal) able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
"babies are generally far more resilient than new parents realize"
synonyms: strong, tough, hardy

(of a substance or object) able to recoil or spring back into shape after bending, stretching, or being compressed.
"a shoe with resilient cushioning"
synonyms: flexible, pliable, pliant, supple, plastic, elastic, springy, rubbery

Feeling so "off" yesterday led me to thinking about resilience - I feel used to feel more resilient about set backs and obstacles.

I'm wondering what state of mind helps one bounce back from these things? How do I become resilient again?
Last edited by Twins' Mom on Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Resilient Saturday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:54 am

This morning I need to develop resilience about dh's TV blasting away for the next 30 minutes until he's out the door!

We have water this morning - not a full stream but enough to flush toilets and begin clean up. We still have a boil advisory for drinking water and cooking, not sure how long. We have plenty of bottled water (trip to P ublix last night.)

Just heard from dcleaning lady and she is sick and won't make it today - so I'm on my own today in terms of home clean up. Here's a resilience opportunity!

I started laundry - sheets that I wash with hot water - and I'll start clean up around here in a bit too.

I have a full list of errands today also. Will need to prioritize. The other resilience issue right now is just the heat - errands need to be done early when it's so hot. We had 103 degrees as a high yesterday and it was still hot last night at 9 p.m. walking the dog. The weather is to cool down just a bit - today there's rain/Tstorms as well so that will help cool things down for today.

I'm heading out with ddog for walk, that will buy me some quiet time!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:00 am

resilient is something I hope to have on a regular basis. I forget sometimes and fall into the trap of stress or over thinking.
When I remember to be grateful for the little things then my resilience is better. it all depends on the day and thinking. When I am grateful for the lessons and/or I don't over goal; I am better able to be resistant.

a great beginning d twins. I hope your day that you feel empowered and resilient. thank you again for starting us in the right frame of mind. thank you.

hello to all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:23 am

Those are great thoughts bw2. My planner has lines each morning and p.m. for gratefulness but I don't usually use them, especially in the evening, and when I do it's often without deep thought. Today I am grateful for running water, however! We used to camp in a national forest every summer. Water came from a pump, often a camp site or two away. Many times we were in an area with "real" bathrooms, albeit without showers. I don't think I thought much about how much work camping was for dmom - cooking, washing dishes, et al.

I need to s2s, then I think I must head out and get errands off my mind first, especially groceries. I can't decide whether to change sheets or just let them go to next Friday.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:24 am

I'm enjoying the feedback from my 100 day challenge with myself. I'm being reminded of how much my daily choices matter.

Last night DS11 and couple of friends went to a local guy who repairs bikes so his friend could get his bike repaired. Long story short DS11 traded off his bike for another bike. His friends encourage him NOT to do it. This morning the new-to-him bike tire is flat and unrideable until repairs can be made. So DS11 is on foot running alongside his friends who are on their bikes. I told DS11 to remember this moment and learn from it. in the future when he is impulsive wants to trade a working vehicle for another one and everyone is advising him not to do it. Old adage.....a bird in hand

DGD8 is requesting oatmeal & blueberries for her breakfast. Easy, healthy & quick. Win..win..win.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:02 am

I'm being reminded of how much my daily choices matter.
wow so true d lady!!!

I love oatmeal and blueberries.

have a wonderful day d lady.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:03 am

I can't believe it's 10 already. I have to follow what I planned. no youtube or computer until I am done with the morning routine.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:17 am

Glorious shower! I am heading out soon, just checking my grocery list over...

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:31 am

I've been working very hard, changing things around and cleaning out under my desk. No passport there! I even ran a yardstick under the desk to make sure nothing was under there -just a couple of old receipts. Dh pulled my recliner out before he left to switch laundry & found a $10 bill. No passport. He'll push the recliner back when he comes back. I cleaned out a couple of plastic holders & emptied one of those. The other one I'll take to FL to put with all our mementos. Now I really need to take a rest for a few before I tackle anything else.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:42 am

Last load of laundry is in the washer now.
Breakfast is over.

Return to “Post When You Can”