Resilient Saturday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Resilient Saturday PWYC

Postby Harriet » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:57 am

Good luck in the hunt, Dee.

Dd21 and I have been tugging the use of the washer and dryer back and forth this am, so I have had to be RESILLIENT. :| Right now my bedsheets are in a wet clump on a table at entry, for the young man to see when he arrives, so that she can dry the clothes she plans to wear to look nice for him. Ugh.

He's at a job interview that I hope he aces. He deserves the benefits, closer drive time and less stress that it offers. Dd was over at his house, helping him and his sister polish his portfolio for it last evening. (He designs and makes dimensional walls, wraps and graphic murals for businesses.) I think he really appreciated dd's help with interview prep. She just finished her second interview process, narrowing down so that she could hire 4 people each time, so she has the common mistakes fresh in her mind.

I have an errand that's nagging me, but am not sure how I'll prioritize it.

Laundry continues to be a priority, too.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:44 pm

Stopping for lunch break.

DH now has 4 boys "helping" him do repairs on DS11 new-to-him bike. DH and I discussed the pro/cons of letting the boys do the repairs themselves but otherwise, I'm staying out of this process. Regardless of who is hand-on with the repairs, DH isn't going to leave those boys in his shop unsupervised.

Other than having 5 kids between the age of 8 - 13 coming in/out/in/out/in/out (repeat a dozen times) the house it has been a calm and restorative morning. I love Saturdays because it is the only day of the week that I don't have to be up-and-at-'em before 7am. However, my body must have missed that memo because it woke me up at 6:44 am and was ready to get started.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:17 pm

what state of mind helps one bounce back from these things?

For me, it helps to have low expectations and to plan accordingly. I am an optimistic person by nature so high hopes is usually in play but I try my best to not expect them to happen.....or at least not expect them to happen on my timeline.

Somedays when the clouds are low and the wind is blowing from the right direction we can hear the vehicle traffic on the interstate. That traffic noise tends to frustrate me when I expect to go outside and experience nature sounds. After experiencing those frustrating times over and over, I made the decision that I would wear earphones and play my favorite playlist when that happens. This doesn't change the irritation & LOUD traffic noise but it does help to not interrupt my positive energy by having a plan of action for those moments.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:31 pm

d dee do you have a safety box your dh uses. dh has one and once In a while he will grab my stuff and put it there. Sometimes he throws things in his drawer or shelf in trying to be helpful.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:37 pm

praying for your dd's young man! d harriet.

I had to laugh at your dd pulling your wash so she could look nice for her d young man.
years ago, dd older needed the laundry machine and pulled the cloths and put them on the dryer. not finished. I went to the laundry room to find her laundry getting squeaky clean while our laundry was sadly flopped on the dryer. ah the old days.

good luck on the errand. get it out of the way and you can breath that it is done.

hello d nancy! ~~~

yay on a such shower d twins

hello dear everyone
I feel like I am missing someone.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:39 pm

morning routine is done.

now for the bathroom routine - which is just dh's bathroom and sometimes the powder room. I only do the girls bathroom on Monday as it isn't used much.

I have to pull cloths for dh's reunion. I am not looking forward to it as It is chit chat with people I don't know. I am remembering I am doing it for him as he can't go by himself.

ta ta

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:10 pm

I sanded on the painting project.
Walked the dog.
Folded the last load of laundry.
Went with h. To see dson took the 2 loaves of quick bread over for him.
We took ddog with us.
Mixed up cookie dough for h. Lunches next week.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:54 pm

Home from errands. I was good until I headed home from grocery, when I realized that I needed to pick up script from drugstore for dh. Then dd called with news that she has 20 or so attending her event tomorrow, which means that the brisket I am making should feed 20 people. Then after picking up meds for dh, ds called to say that he is coming tonight for dinner, so I was an ear of corn short and needed to go in grocery by the drugstore for more corn on the cob. I shouldn't let these issues get to me but I do.

I am stressed over having friends over tonight and needing to do cooking for dd. I didn't want to but I'm her mother and she was having trouble finding someone. She's covered for this event next month, thankfully. The event is a "cooking club" with different cooks demonstrating a dish, then everyone eating. Brisket, however, takes several hours in the oven so I'm making one ahead for eating and also demonstrating how I prepare it for cooking with a second one, which I will take home to cook later. I'm covered for enough, I think. I have one that is seven lbs that will have to serve 20, and a second one that is five lbs that I'll demonstrate and cook at home tomorrow night. The second one gets frozen for Rosh Hashana.

We are having friends over tonight also. Too many events too close together seems to be a trigger for me.

Dh vacuumed while I was out. That will be enough to get up the dog hair tumbleweeds and make the floor presentable. I asked him to take the extra propane tank this afternoon and get it refilled since we're grilling steaks and corn on the cob tonight.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:57 pm

Dh and I are being Resilient today to adjusting to a change of plans. Last week when we were with dfam#3 they invited us to come again this weekend. I had thought Saturday would be better for the section of interstate we would be on. However, when dh called dson to confirm time, he said he thought we would be coming on Sunday...So tomorrow it is! Dson is doing some repair work on one of their cars today.

Today's weather is much nicer here. Yesterday we had fall weather of all day overcast skies and misty drizzle; temp. didn't quite make it to 70*. There is still cloudy skies with a little sun peeking out and it is 76*.

Yesterday I had done a little head start on weekend cleaning and this morning I finished with mopping floors. So with weeklies done I now have a little time to use as I please.

Dee, hope you have found your passport by now.

Harriet, good luck to dd's young man.

Lady M, I like when you talk about your dson's activities. It brings back so many good memories of when my boys were young. I always liked when they had their friends playing at our house for then I knew where they were and what they were doing.

Thinking of (((Norma))) and wishing her well!

I think I'll take a walk around our Village and visit some of the new threads here.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:04 pm

I had such good energy earlier and it seems to be seeping away from me!

I'm going to try to stay busy and see if I don't regain it:
-swish and swipe up bathrooms
-make the bed (decided against changing sheets today)
-empty the dishwasher
-clear kitchen table and set for dinner for five
-start a load of laundry
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”