Resilient Saturday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Resilient Saturday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:34 pm

I still have not swished and swiped the bathrooms but that is next. Everything else on that round is done, and a few more things along the way. I also changed our sheets.

This time:
-swish and swipe bathrooms
-take upstairs the stuff on the steps to go upstairs (some genealogy, some stamping, towels for guest bathroom, and also sheets that are in dryer)
-clear breakfast bar counter
-take out kitchen trash can (full to the top!)
-sweep front porch (ferns are shedding from the heat, and crepe myrtle next to porch sheds too.)

When done with this I'll go into prep mode. Dh has taken care of steak already, so I need to get corn ready for grill and set out appetizers.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:40 pm

Twins', the conversation in Holiday thread had just turned to make-ahead thoughts as hostessing times approach.

Sunny, have safe travels tomorrow.

Got myself to a point here that I could go on that errand and so accomplished it. Back home another laundry load in, some folded, and vacuuming started. Vacuumed mattress first as I am changing sheets today.

Quick break then back to vacuuming.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:49 pm

I have no progress to report. I sat today with ice pack on and off my sore back. Ache seems to have moved upwards and it is less intense.

We had a "meet and greet" tonight, pizza salad and ice cream with our soon-to-be new pastor. We got a HUGE crowd for that. They had that tonight instead of the pot-luck luncheon tomorrow after the service. They must have announced the change the one Sunday I wasn't at church, so I'm glad I asked about it. We still have our older group meeting for bingo in the afternoon.

It was enough for me to go to that. I think I'll go back to my ice pack. Alternating ice and heat now.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:12 pm

Hope you feel better soon, Harmony.

Just came back from another walk -now it's too dark to go out I'm afraid. Managed to get in about 6,000 steps today. I was determined I wasn't settling for less than 5,000 so feel good I got a 1,000 more. Sure tomorrow will be hard to get steps in. We're going on a bus trip to Niagara Falls from our campground. Wasn't my favorite thing to do but we're going because friends wanted us to.

Dh is at the races tonight with DS-A and DGSs 19 & 7. Won't be saying that much longer -DGS19 will be 20 next Friday. No longer a teenager. Could here the sprints when I was outside. Evidently the wind is just right. As the crow flies they're probably about 5 miles from us.

Think I have everything ready for tomorrow. Bus leaves at 8:30am SHARP. Have alarm set for shortly after 6 so I can get up & take my thyroid med.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:18 pm

Thank you, Harriet. We will have an early lunch than get on the road. I asked ds if we could bring a couple of loads of laundry and, of course, he said yes! We have to stop for gas before we start so I think we'll get a no sugar added apple pie to take along for dessert.

Harmony, do you think you will like the new pastor? Hope the ice/heat works well and you feel better tomorrow.

Kitchen is cleaned up and coffee maker ready to brew tomorrow in time for breakfast. DMinnie is lying at my feet watching me. She has been following me from room to room all day today; she seems content right now.

Have a nice time tomorrow, Dee.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Return to “Post When You Can”