Slow Down Sunday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Slow Down Sunday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:51 pm

I fought resting today - thinking I needed to be productive - I have finally succumbed to relaxing and I am glad I did.

d mom is worried that I don't have the information for her Florida heart doctor to him yet. It's over 2 months away. To make her feel better I will do it tomorrow.

now to read National geographic and then knit. woo I am a busy chicky babe 8-) :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:03 pm

I did some gardenig great day for it!
H. Is on an atv ride with dson!
Pic up on fb of jars w new labels on em.
Journaling is under way, having a go with the flow kind of day.
Barely any cooking just boiled eggs for lunches rest are planned leftovers or made ahead meals gotta love that!

Bathed dog I was pleased when she hope in the tub willingly!
My s2s is dobe as well.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:49 pm

FYI, I was on FB earlier and there is a post from this site that someone has posted a picture of. I will look into it further to see if I can figure out who posted a screen shot and why.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:50 pm

I vote YES to having a Slower Sunday. I enjoy having a change-up to the pace.

Church service was good this morning. We opted to not eat out because we have an abundance of food ready to eat at home.

DD picked DGD8 up at church today. I suspect this might be the last time we see DGD8 until we get back from our trip. I am hopeful DGD8 gets to attend school this week while we are gone.

I am going to watch some of my favorite youtube channels. Or maybe I'll watch some of my non-favorite channels so I get so bored that I take a nap. LOL

Cathy - how are you feeling?

Going to FB to looking around....
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:54 pm

"Re: How is Peggy doing?

... Xanadu ? :) I made a rhyme. ... a Washington newspaper by Tom ... disease.” Like Kathryn, I have seen no further news. "

This is a post from Harriet that was on the Sidetracked Home Executives FB page. Someone was asking about Peggy.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:58 pm

LadyM I still have a lot of pain. I am going to post in MO about what's going on.

Supper tonight will be tacos! Dessert by request will be something like this... pound cake covered with custard with blackberries from the garden.

We took the netting off of the grapes and blackberries this morning and this is the first year that we have actually been able to harvest our own grapes. They are very tiny. I think maybe because we secured the netting too tightly around the grapes when they first appeared.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:20 pm

I'm not a member of that FB group so I can't see the post. Since it is a closed group only the 1.1K members can see it. I have applied for membership.

I started watching Yellowstone. I wonder how many episodes I can get through today? :D
1. Know what you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:38 pm

a hello hello to you all.

I enjoyed knitting - 18 rows!
loved it. heading out soon.

see you all soon
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:48 pm

Found the screenshot that was posted from this board onto the FB group. It was a partial cut/paste from this thread made 7 years ago which is viewable to everyone on the internet.
1. Know what you want.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:55 pm

No slow down for me today! I had a long list and got a lot done on it. Not everything, but I wasn't expecting to. DD17 and I made church this morning. She suggested skipping because we were tired, but I reminded her that I had to teach Sunday school, so we went. We actually finished the "6 week study" that has lasted us 6 months! We start another next weekend, but I will be camping with DD and N. N's friend B cannot come, so I suggested her friend G, who I have also met. N said she would "ask around to see if anyone wanted to go". I had to specify that the invitation was for G and I don't need a 4th. People are not interchangeable when they are essentially staying overnight at my house (tiny house on wheels, that is). I cannot get hold of the place to make reservations. Left messages last week and today. If I don't hear from them by tomorrow, I will reserve elsewhere. Disappointing, because it is walking distance to the swimming hole we want to visit.

After church I got a whole bunch done while DD did homework:
  • LOLs are complete and put away except for the one drying now
  • Bills and budget
  • Worked on dismantling the rabbit hutch to fit in trash - stopped this when the rain started
  • Halloween party invitations to "the usual suspects", animal org contacts, and coworkers from a previous job
  • Ordered checks
  • Dyed costume skirt (I will be Velma Dinkly from Scooby Doo)
  • Kitchen progress -]Table mostly clear and tablecloth washed, stinky trash can washed
  • Made list for tomorrow

Tomorrow's essentials:
  • Party invitations: work people, text contacts, church, neighbors
  • Reserve campsite
  • Dance class
  • Church webwork
  • More party cleanup

The xBFF will be out of the country with her boyfriend during the party, so I won't have to listen to suggestions on how to include the x and the other woman in my life.

Tomorrow is going to be a truly annoying commute and I am glad L is driving! Trump is visiting Home City. Whether you are a Democrat, Republican, liberal, conservative, in between, or undecided, we can all agree that presidential visits are a pain in the tailbone for local commuters.

ETA: Tried to find WHICH roads are closed. There are many references online saying "multiple road closures", but not a single instance of actually telling us which roads they are! A map would be really helpful. A list would also be appreciated. A statement that somewhere in the city at some indeterminate time tomorrow, there will be multiple closures is distinctly UNhelpful.

Return to “Post When You Can”