Slow Down Sunday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Slow Down Sunday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:51 am

This is the Sabbath for many and a great day to take it easier. I hope for a slow down day for all those who need it!

I'm using Sunday to slow down a bit - this is a busy weekend!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: Slow Down Sunday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:53 am

enjoy a quiet sunday d twins!!! and to all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:04 am

How I wish there was a way to silence commercials on TV! Dh is watching and although the program isn't that loud the commercials are killing me.

My alarm went off at 7 so I could get brisket in the oven. Still it took awhile for me to get going and then get it prepared and into the oven. I still need to clean up the kitchen but I should go ahead and prep the veggies to go into the brisket I'll be "demonstrating" tonight. Dh did a great job last night but the counters weren't wiped down, and now I've made another mess. Oy. I am tired today. Tomorrow may be a loss while I recover.

We had a great time entertaining friends last night but it was a lot of work, especially since the dcleaning lady didn't make it and I had clean up from Friday with no water also. I had 12K steps yesterday, tho, so only need about 4K for today.

At least today I can take it easier than yesterday! and I have a down day tomorrow to look forward to!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:30 am

hearing test? if your dh is like mine - he won't listen about it. ;)
is there headphones that will pick up the tv that he can wear and you don't have to hear? I don't know of anything but I am wondering if there is such an animal.

i am so happy you had a wonderful time!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:35 am

something I just heard on a talk/sermon that we have the tendency on thinking of ourselves on what we can't do - we can't sing, we can't this and that. We reduce who we are by not being grateful for our gifts. By telling ourselves what we can't do this and that is not honouring our abilities. everyone has a gift. Forgetting your identity by dwelling in what we can't do. No one is in a supporting role -- we have our own gifts and it's time to appreciate who we are not who we aren't.

I think I will take a day to enjoy the day for me. maybe fall stuff, knitting etc. I don't know yet. time for the morning routine so that I can have the rest of the day to just enjoy.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:24 am

I really need to find some stamping time, bw2. I'm not sure that will happen today but I'm hopeful for tomorrow!

I have the kitchen back together but still need to have my own breakfast smoothie. I prepped onions and carrots to add to brisket this evening, will do potatoes there so they don't discolor.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:54 am

good for you d twins. I hope you get a chance to do your stamping today!

At first I thought that I haven't done a dog gone thing but then I remembered I did the morning routine. (at least that's something) :D 8-)

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:41 pm

Yes, there is, blessed - HRH bought for my ddad a set of headphones with jack that could be plugged into the tv and my ddad could hear the tv at a decibel level that worked for him, but the rest of us didn't have to listen. The difficulty for someone who is more active is that you do have to be "plugged in" - they weren't wireless.

Dd21 awoke with such a crick in her neck that she still can't lift her head straight up. She's had pain reliever. But teaching at church was out of the question.

So I took over in SS and we were probably a little more formal. At least I think the children were wishing for her! I'm a bit of a stickler for behavior - I know ya'll are surprised. Today's visiting retired pastor gave a children's message about waiting, and mentioned "when Miss (dd21) teaches you". Kind of him to remember her, since he'd only met her once. Several cute saying by the children in response to his questions will be remembered. Blake, 3, insisted that yes, his Mommy and Daddy WOULD TOO leave him at school and forget all about him! :oops: Poor parents, turning red. Pastor didn't miss a beat and suggested a counseling session after church.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:46 pm

I have waljed the ddog. Glad I made quiche yesterday so we could have left overs of that today.
Taking labes off jars and others are getting new ones. Glad I figured them out and got an extra pack.

H. Pushes the mute button on the TV remote during comnercials for me. :mrgreen:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:29 pm

hello again - sweet sunday to everyone

quiche sounds wonderful d Nancy! glad you had a nice walk with the dog. what type of dog is he/she

I think that is a great invention d Harriet!
thanks for sharing

praying your dd's neck feels better.
oh my gosh - out of the mouth of babes!

Return to “Post When You Can”