Manageable Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Manageable Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:58 am

Manageable: man·age·a·ble

adjective
adjective: manageable
able to be managed, controlled, or accomplished without great difficulty.
"it leaves hair feeling soft and manageable"

synonyms: achievable, doable, practicable, possible, feasible, reasonable, attainable, viable

antonyms: impracticable, impossible, unmanageable, unwieldy

I'm going for a Monday that is manageable - not too much, not too little, just right.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Manageable Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:12 am

I am taking it easy today. I need to do enough to feel accomplished, but not so much I feel stressed or pulled too thin. I want to do what I want today, too, instead of bouncing around to meet other's expectations. Right now I have four things on my list so far, two of which dh placed there. In all fairness, one is going to the cleaners and then other is getting the garage door opener from dd.

I woke up to ddog fussing about getting up. With the longer days, it's harder to get up. I should probably adjust my alarm time to a little later to work with my internal clock. I had to put the second brisket in the oven here at bedtime and set a clock for 1 a.m to turn it off. I woke up at 11:30 thinking I had slept way too long and got up and checked it, then again at 1 a.m. I slept like a baby otherwise - I was so tired that walking the dog when I got home was beyond exhausting.

I'm missing out - what FB board are we talking about? And I hate that it sounds like we have info posted there that is open to the public?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:08 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Thanks for opening the thread today, Twins'Mom.

I didn't mean to disappear for so long. Lots going on -- stuff with the house, stuff with family, stuff at work -- good and not so good. Mostly good ... but it all takes away from time for online stuff.

House exterior is almost done but there are a few finishing things remaining to do before the weather gets too cold. One or possibly two projects the professional crew will come back to finish. The rest, like repairing/painting the bay window trim and making the new patio area more comfortable, will be up to DH and me.

My sewing group had a very interesting program on Saturday. Have you heard about Days for Girls? It's an international organization that provides hygiene kits and health education to girls in 128 countries who otherwise would have to miss school every month. The program was another reminder to me of how fortunate I have been. I grew up in poverty, but not the kind of extreme poverty and danger that girls in other countries have to live through even in this modern world.

Break time is over, must get back to doing chores.
Hope y'all have a good week!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:09 am

just a wonderful quick hello - hello!!! hello d twins and d book and all!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:35 am

Morning...

Already starting mine before my second cup of coffee and Perry.

One load of laundry going and a basketful to fold. Breakfast is done and next is to strip the bed and remake it.

Noticed last night my blinds/shutters need to be wiped down so will do that before my hair appointment at 12:30.

Need to run a few errands after that. I have two outfits for my gd that I need to wrap and then mail including two headbands with bows. I saw a cute t-shirt which was too big for her that says... head bows are my super powers..so I made a cute card with that saying and put the bows on it.

Sweetie and I are celebrating out 10th wedding anniversary in Oct. We finally decided to go to Laughlin NV which is sort of like a mimi Las Vegas. This was the first place Sweetie took me to when I first visited him. I need to make reservations for both us and a call to the vets for Willis. We’ll be gone over Fall Break when many people schedule get a ways with their kids so I know the boarding spots fill up fast

Willis has spent so much time at the vets over the past 7 months he’s become a favorite with the techs and especially the vet, so I’m sure everyone will take special care of him.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:16 pm

How nice for Willis, RR.

I've gotten quite a bit done today. In an effort to find the passport :evil: I took everything (and I mean everything) out of dh's closet. Rearranged the shelves that go down the side while removing everything. Got rid of a few more things, but now I'm pooped.

Have a bowl of chili heating for my lunch. Dh is working a half day today so he can work a half day on Friday. Then his plan is to go help at the race track that afternoon. Before he comes home he's getting his hair cut. I have an appointment for a perm/cut on October 1st but will have to keep track of when/if there's to be a service for our friend's (her sister) dson who passed away this last week.

Did remember to call this morning to change dh's Primary Dr appointment. He had one for the morning of October 27th but chances are they will be working on closing down the campground.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:17 pm

Interesting about the post on FB. Doesn't everything except J&C and Members Only come up on a search for the whole internet? I guess one would have to know exactly what to search for... and maybe the exact addy of our site. I've searched a name of a former poster from years ago and nothing came up...

Booksaver, that sounds like a wonderful organization. I've seen it or one like it for girls in Africa. Hard to think there are problems still in the world like that. What colors are they painting your house?

I am moving slowly, back is better but not perfect yet.

Sat. night pizza at church was fun except the acoustics in that building we use for big gatherings are awful and I couldn't hear the questions people were asking the new candidate. He did preach Sunday and it was ok. People seemed to like him. He is very high energy and I'm usually pretty tired on a Sunday morning and it was a bit much for me. I don't like a quiet boring speaker, but he was over the top the other way. I figure he was really trying very hard to please everyone and if he's the one, over time might settle down a bit. 8-)

Sunday afternoon was bingo with our 55+ group which is always fun. A local business sponsors it and there are prizes and snacks all over the tables etc. DH won once and picked out a set of pumpkin scented hand lotion and hand soap on a ceramic tray.

Today I'm just puttering around so far. Answered a letter. Did a bunch of paperwork. Entry/foyer is up on the HGP this week so I might have a look at that. I know there are some cobwebs and fingerprints.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:21 pm

Good morning! There is STILL no info on which roads are to be closed and when for the presidential visit. Just "multiple road closures" at some indeterminate time. Home City has closed schools and government offices. DD17's school is in nearby Metro Area and is in session last I heard, but it is affecting the bus routes. The last two stops on her bus cannot be made (she is one of the first). Obviously SOMEONE is able to find out the closures to know about the buses. How 'bout actually telling residents of the affected city? Or are we all expected to suspend our lives? Because the high school was closed, traffic getting to carpool was light. Dance studio is closed today too. Employees in Home City are being allowed to leave two hours early, but the time comes out of annual leave or must be made up later. WHAT A PAIN IN THE BUTT! There is a hospital near the place the president will be speaking. I hope ER docs and ambulances are allowed in.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:31 pm

hello d rose, d twins, d elizabeth, d harmony, d book, d dee, d lady, and all

so far: undid my knitting again. I did a double stitch instead of a single stitch - I had to unravel that row :shock: ;) :lol: again!!!!

dishes emptied,
dished (wee bit) filled
sink cleaned
counters surface cleaned.

heading upstairs for bathroom zone work.
fighting headache. touché get away. 8-)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:42 pm

Quick post & run slept in I need to get a move on,waving to all!

Return to “Post When You Can”