Manageable Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Manageable Monday

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:07 pm

Boss is ok with us (the carpool) leaving early and not flexing or annual leaving it. In fact, he suggested leaving even earlier than 3:00. It will affect me more than the other members, because I live in the visit city and they live in nearby metro area. At least I don't have to drive near the speaking location to get home. Still no way to find out about road closures.

I was able to view a newscast online, which only said "multiple closures". The reporter was stressing the need to bring water and food, all the while standing in front of doors to the event center that read "no outside food or drink".

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:34 pm

Elizabeth, I think they keep the actual routes and closures secret for security reasons, unfortunately. Happened that way here as well.

fun except the acoustics in that building we use for big gatherings are awful
I'm nodding along with Harmony on this. While I was president someone floated the idea of installing the laminate floors - the carpet always looked awful, even when cleaned and replaced regularly. I was reminded of the trade off last night - sound really echoes and makes everything seem more over the top loud.

I've been puttering also. Since my car isn't in the garage I pulled down the bins with fall decorating stuff and changed out pillows and cover for front porch cushion. Also have run vinegar and then water through coffee maker to clean; seems to be a good time after the ruckus about the water here.

Dd is supposed to come by today, I asked her not to show up for a couple of hours, I'm going to nap. ;)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:26 pm

Well, good morning-- afternoon! I feel like I've missed a lot on the board, but really, I guess I checked in on Saturday, and I've cuop now, so of course, I'm thinking,
:?: Are we worried about the FB screenshot of our page? It looked like it was mostly sympathy about Peggy's stroke, right? Of course, if it was 7 years ago and we've had no other "security breeches" then I guess there was no negative fallout from the shared post?
Personally, as you all know, I feel a whole lot better knowing (thinking!) that anything I post here is just for HERE... and I trust all of you to feel the same way. So... whatever led someone to share, well... maybe they thought better of it and it won't happen again?

What is the FB page, if you don't mind telling us, LadyM or Cathy?

So... I've not done ALL my Top Three, but I've done a little so far.
CI:
[x] hair appts
[x] water plants
[ ] clean bathrooms
In addition to that,
[x] emptied humidifier (not a big job at all, it's just a little tabletop humidifier in our bedroom, but it needs refilling about once a week, and I try to air it out at that point, and if I forget to do it till bedtime, I always hate that I put it off.)
[x] termite inspection, paid the man
[x] drug store
[x] Wmart * Did y'all know they are doing a car seat return? If you have a child's car seat, doesn't matter if it's out of date or not, you can return it and get a $30 gift card to Wmart. There's a limit, two per person, so ddil wanted us to take ours and she will take theirs, and she is hoping the $60 (maybe $90 -- she may have two at her house) will go a long way towards replacing dgd's seat with one that can be used as a booster seats for years ahead. DGS is already in the booster seat
The rest of the day...
[ ] dgd will arrive here any minute, and we will go pick up dgs at school they will both be here till sometime after 5:00
[ ] cook supper, s/s kitchen
[ ] laundry

This week and next already have me tired. :roll: DS is out of town a LOT and ddil is still in the 4-days-per-week school schedule... plus she is going to a student nursing convention Saturday so we'll have both dgrands I suspect Thursday & Friday nights, all Friday and all day Saturday. And school is out early Thursday for high school Homecoming parade! So we'll have both of them most of Thursday, and dgd all day Friday on her own.
NEXT week... probably similar, except I think we'll have Thursday night free, b/c dgd will be going to the babysitter Friday the 27th, so we can go to College Town. After the first of October, things will calm down a bit.

I'm going to start a load of laundry.
DH is asleep in the bedroom. He just has not felt good at all since we got home from the ballgame Saturday. Feel like he got dehydrated, bp is up, and kidneys are not acting like they should. This of course makes him VERY nervous... and pretty grumpy, too... and I start getting on edge myself.
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:28 pm

I fell asleep easily and slept over an hour. I need to regroup and figure out what to do now. I wanted to stamp today but also need to go out to cleaners. And I need to put away all this stuff that I pulled out earlier - summer pillows and the fall stuff I'm not using right now. I need to do some purging there as well, and continue upstairs. :shock:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:39 pm

Noon ish cI - I worked some on BWP,
reclaimed kitchen a couple times,
worked some on the table.
Made a perfect loaf of bread yea me!
Dishes are going, got the trash dumped and vacuumed living room, walked ddog, and finish with a 2nd session..

De labeled another batch of jars, one more batch soaking. Mostly using these for seeds.

Thinking on how I can make up corn bread and chili now that it is colder I have the ingredients h. & I were talking sbout how much salt is
in store kind. :idea: Realized I could do some like I used to. 63* outside here today now.

Dishes are done and need to be put away. Done.
Picked beans, toms & mini ghost pumpkin before the rain tomorrow.
Dinner is done & was good.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:46 pm

Thank you, LadyM, for looking that up for Cathy yesterday.

Yes, it feels weird that a single "answer" (saying I/we knew so little) I gave here in 2012 is being used to answer a question in Sept, 2019. I assume the date was on it, so that anyone interested would see that the post, which was talking about 5-year-old info, was written 7 additional years ago, so at this point, it is 12 years out of date.

Elizabeth, yep, that would be frustrating.
Do ya'll remember the scene in the comedy/romance movie, Mooseport, in which the former president's arrival meant a veterinarian had to keep a drugged moose waiting, dangling in mid-air from a helicopter that was forbidden to land at the same time?

Just back from gen prac appt with HRH. Good visit.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:16 pm

I've decided to go on to the grocery - if I need to go to cleaners I might as well get groceries while I'm out, then I can make more brisket for freezer tomorrow.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:49 pm

What is the FB page, if you don't mind telling us, LadyM or Cathy?

It is a SHE group on FB called sidetracked home executives. The information posted on it is actually more secure than here since PWYC part of our SHE board is viewable to anyone. The FB group is a closed group so everything on it is not available to see unless you are a member. I'm not concerned about security here but I acknowledge that everyone has their comfort level.

I have spent a couple of hours packing for the 3 of us. I'm thankful for the advice given here on consideration of the size of the luggage. I started out thinking we needed big suitcases. The end result is we will all use carryon size luggage.

I downloaded the airline app on all 3 phones and have used them to check-in. Now everyone will have their boarding pass on their own phones.

I have set up a text message group for the other 5 females that I will be sharing a dorm room with the next 5 days. I will be out of my comfort zone but I am looking forward to this experience.

Elizabeth - Yes to PITA of being anywhere close to President because of traffic disruptions. Years ago when I traveled for work I spent a couple of hours sitting in a plane because they shut all air traffic down when the President plane was landing. They seem to take absolute control of all movement around him. I can't imagine how many factors are involved in managing that security responsibility.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:57 pm

[x] hair appts (we didn't HAVE hair appts today, just finally got in touch with girl to MAKE appts for later days)
[x] water plants
[x] clean bathrooms
[x] emptied humidifier/refilled
[x] termite inspection, paid the man
[x] drug store
[x] Wmart
[x] dgd will arrive here any minute, and we will go pick up dgs at school they will both be here till sometime after 5:00
[x] cook supper, s/s kitchen
[x] picked up toys, etc before/after dgrands left
[x] laundry
[x] filled out calendars with dh... planning out the next couple weeks... he said he is just "overwhelmed." Join the club, buddy. :roll:

Tried to call my dmom today but she did not answer. I have not talked to her since Friday. * sigh * Surely if anything was wrong, LifeAlert would let me know. I didn't try to call her Saturday or yesterday because I knew she was busy and I was busy and then exhausted.

Need to exercise and do some computer stuff.... unfinished projects/etc...
I am sooo terrible able starting something and then losing interest. I guess that's kinda what "sidetracked" means, right?

Wondering whether to join the FB group. Says they only have about 2 posts a day. What is this Club Organized FB page? Hmmm...

I don't need more tips. I need a computer that would give me a shot of energy and motivation and DESIRE to DO something after about 15 minutes. Most of the time I just really donwanna do ANYthing.

At least I'm still healthy. DH just feels TERRIBLE. He said he feels almost too weak to take a shower. He's managed to be up and about today; he and dgs rode out to an old family cemetery this afternoon and walked around some. But the noise level with the two of them (dgs/dgd) together was just about more than he could take. He will NOT give up these football weekends and he will not stay an extra night -- "that just messes up all day Sunday, too." * sigh *
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:24 pm

Moving to Members Only
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”