push forward Tuesday pwyc

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

push forward Tuesday pwyc

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:24 am

I really need to push pass the past few days. I am sure we all go through days where you have to have fortitude to continue the process. I am there today! I believe I can do it. I know and believe you can as well. I always believe in you all!!!

how can you use your fortitude and your positivity to make Tuesday wonderful?

you have got this!

this is a good day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: push forward Tuesday pwyc

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:30 am

I slept yesterday bc i had a really sore body and a back ground headache from sore shoulders and neck.
I could sit in the "oh poor me" but I am choosing to move forward.

I lost 2 days in total and my heart looked at the stuff I was "supposed" to do. I did a "poor me" - "look at what you didn't do" 8-) :lol: oh my gosh can that disorganized perfectionist gene in me (guilt/perfection) took over for a minute (well an hour :lol: ).

I am back to feeling positive and knowing I can only do what I can do. push forward and be positive!
that's my goal

move forward! be positive!

have a great day.

grabbing timer.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:39 am

I am up on time today yea,
Got the last of the cookie dough baked up this morning.
Laundry is going sheets are in the dryer.
Planning x
Journaling x
I need a meal plan for dinner.
Next up daily stuff.
Sheets are back on the bed.
Next load is in the dryer.
I have walked the ddog.
Lunch is over.
Brought the trash can back in.
Watered bc we did not get any rain.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:52 am

Hi everyone! We survived the presidential visit. What a pain in the butt! One carpooler was affected this morning and had to run a maze to get out of her neighborhood. They closed everything within a mile of where he was staying. The hotel has 1000+ capacity. I wonder if the people who were actually staying there were allowed in. What about the people who LIVE in that radius?

In my extra time at home, I further dismantled and threw away pieces of the rabbit hutch. Probably only need one more session and it will be GONE! I found a notice that sometime in the next 5-7 days, water on my street will be cut off for pipe maintenance. It didn't say for how long, so I filled up teh camper reservoir. I will be able to drink, flush, shower, etc. I walked to a restaurant for dinner, so no traffic and yes exercise. On the way, I gave two neighbors their party invitations. I did not get the church invitations out. When I got home, I did pre-party kitchen cleanup and daily stuff.

I have not heard from my camping friend N since I made it clear that the camping invitation was for G, not for anyone she wants to invite. The only reason I put this trip together was that I either said specifically or strongly implied N could come with us for a September trip. I have to schedule with the x, the animal org, and DD17 whenever I go somewhere. Last trip, she tried to postpone due to "just not feeling it". I cannot travel with flaky people. I need to talk with DD to find out if she wants to cancel or continue. She knows the trip was scheduled for N. However, she did find that studying in a camper works well - no distractions.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:12 am

Blessed don’t be so hard on yourself... I used to be that why until I realized no one really cared if I didn’t accomplish everything I wanted to do in a day or week.

Sometimes life gets in the way. Unplanned “stuff” happens. It’s part of life.

I decided long ago as long as my house was clean, the laundry done and dinner on the table, even if it was a grilled cheese sandwich, I was good to go.

It’s a balance of MY life. I don’t wanna die thinking I didn’t give myself the gift of enjoying it while I could.

I got a bit behind with my laundry due to my migraines last week. I usually do it on Fridays.. didn’t happen till Sunday. That means this Friday there will be less to do. Same with my bed changing... really out of wack there.

Anyway I’m starting to do my fall change around. I have three areas I want to work on. My “ someday” closet with the clothes I can’t wear at the moment due to my weight... great motivator for my eating plan, my office closet...need to be very ruthless in there and my garage area.

Most people would think my garage is pretty neat but there is stuff in there that will require the junk man to show up. Lots of it is wired and other man stuff that Sweetie has agreed to let go of.

Waiting for cooler weather to work on that.

In the meantime I need to get ready for the gym and then shower and get my facial. Both are life gifts to myself.

I have a several bags, like 5 big ones, of dog food and leashes and collars Sweetie is helping me to take to a dog shelter tomorrow.

Gotta think abt dinner tonight. Hummm. Plus I need to write in my Grateful journal. Taking time everyday to think abt what makes me happy keeps me focused on my life...

Off to start my day.. take time to enjoy yours.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:15 am

LadyM — thanks for the wake-up call! I think I will delete that whole crybaby thread. You are so so soooo right — this is a choice we make, for several reasons. I’m just looking waaay too far ahead. Must push forward as blessed so PERFECTLY started us off today. One day at a time!
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:41 pm

Awww, Lucylee, you do have a lot on you! I had some suggestions but I know they all are pretty lame - it's so hard to say no to your child/dil/grandkids and it's just a lot on you with dh ill also. It would still be hard if he felt well and was able to help. Is he up to sitting in a chair and reading to them? I was in the same situation with dd on Sunday with feeling like I couldn't say no, and just not being up to it either.

I was walking dMuffin at 9 a.m. and ran into dfriend M heading out to the nature park, so we did a quick around the block for Muffin and I went with her. I'm at 8800 steps and feel like I need a nap now - instead of getting brisket into the oven.

Maybe I'll promise myself a nap once brisket is cooking. ;) I haven't finished a.m. routine yet either, thanks to that long walk, and now, a lot of time sitting in my chair.

And bw2, RR is correct on this:
I used to be that why until I realized no one really cared if I didn’t accomplish everything I wanted to do in a day or week.
Dh does care marginally that things look good - but we put more pressure on ourselves than anyone else does. And I need to remember that also!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:51 pm

Hi! I'm not really pushing forward with much these past several days. Since Friday when I tweaked my back, I've been slow going around here.

Lucylee, saw you were asking about me in the wee hours of the morning. Sitting around with a sore back... I ended up sleeping a good bit of the evening... then I got up to get into bed and do the last things around here before that. One thing I do is shut down the desktop so sometimes I peek in here before I do that... and I guess you wondered why I was up at that hour.

Know I would do better if I could get my schedule a bit better... but if I go to bed at a decent time for some reason I don't sleep through the night. And if I sleep a bit in the evening I can't go back to sleep for a while after that so sleep is broken. Weird sleep pattern I guess. I don't do well getting up really early so I'd be sleepier earlier because DH, the morning person here, drives me crazy and I'm not up to dealing with him that early. Sigh...

The whole world is on a different schedule than I am!

Just puttering around here; breaking down and putting away a banker's box of a job folders that we finally got finished and I'm tired of seeing it out. Going to look at my upholstery cleaner next and see if I have any cleaner for that... would like to have my dining room chairs and the bench done before the holidays. I don't even know if the cleaner vacuum works..

Frustrating. Lots of things I want to do involves bending and I can't do that. Ok, off to do what I CAN.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:17 pm

((Harmony))

Today the intention's been to do my see-saw between housework and Desk Day. Early was extra laundry while I breakfasted. Then it's been rather non-stop Desk Day through the rest of the morning and then making a grocery list with HRH.

I did NOT want to go to grocery today. I'm so WEARY of feeling like there's never a day - not even a day! - that I don't have to stop what I'm doing, take time with my appearance, and go out on some errand or another. But he is craving some particular produce items that will help him feel better (digestive part to this) and doesn't feel well enough today to go himself. How can I deny him my help with healthy meals that may make a difference to his energy, stamina, etc. Surely if we keep pulling together on this, he'll regain more ability to go places and do things without even bothering me (which I know he wants).

I don't think he "puts together", though, that this is the exact reason why the projects he dreams of are all stalled - everything from having the grands over to getting the new furniture finished and situated. We do order/request delivery on what we can, but it is limited.

So, yesterday was dominated by a mid-day dr's appt, tomorrow also has appt (or two). And now the ONE day in between, when I was going to dress in Get-er-Done clothes all day, gets disrupted. Sigh. Off to get dressed differently and hike up my big-girl panties and quit complaining.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:12 pm

{{Harriet}} hugs back. We can do this.

Return to “Post When You Can”