push forward Tuesday pwyc

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: push forward Tuesday pwyc

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:38 pm

I kind of feel the same way about dh and his socialization needs Harriet. He was the one who invited people over on Saturday night, without asking first. These are dear friends so I do love seeing them, but I pointed out to him that I'm trying to focus my efforts on all the people coming here for Rosh Hashanah. I have really been firm about not adding more families to that list.

On Sunday, knowing I was taking the brisket to temple to prep and would be cooking it at home, he asked if we could invite specific friends over this week for brisket dinner, and I told him emphatically no entertaining this week or next.

And he's having colonoscopy this Friday.

And dd had the nerve to invite a family of four to our Rosh Hashanah party too. I love having some younger people but OTOH it's just so big.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Norma

Postby Norma » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:02 pm

I am home from our local hospital after spending two of my last weekends there. I am not happy getting old. Too many things happening. While attending to my A Fib and getting that managed and the meds that go with it they were doing a lot of labs. They discovered I have severe Aortic Valve Stenosis. (My sister just had surgery for this very thing this past month.) Now it is off to my cardio doc this coming Thursday and see what that all will entail. Anyone here dealing with this?

Does anyone really know how we can find out about Peggy - for sure?! I was told not too long ago that she and Danny were both in a senior home being cared for. I can't say that this is for sure, but felt at the time this person knew what she was talking about. (We are all from Vancouver, WA.) I know "stories" get started and expanded upon on and then no one knows the real story.

Rosie, I am envying you and Sweetie going to Laughlin for your 10th anniversary. Right now we are on hold right here in Nevada and can't go anywhere. Too much going on with my health. Also we have accepted an offer on our Arizona house and the people from South Dakota want to be in it on November 12. Those fun years are gone but that is life. :roll:
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:35 pm

(((d norma I am glad you are home and I also praying for your good health)))
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:37 pm

thank you d rose! balance is key isn't it. :D thank you for the great reminder.

(((praying for your back d harmony)))

oops have to go
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:45 pm

I had a nice nap. I must still have a sleep deficit going because I went to sleep quickly and slept well.

I need to do some work here. DH is bowling again tonight so I have a quiet evening. I'm watching a webinar at 8 p.m., unless I decide to skip it. It's 4:44 here, setting the timer to work to 5:30 p.m.

Glad to see Norma back! This 1986 article said Peggy and Danny had divorced? https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/ ... e341469e8/
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:37 pm

My inspirational card for today (I have a bunch of these I rotate through as suggested in the Happiness File) --

"Don't worry about what can happen tomorrow... or next week.
Don't think about what might happen next month or a year from now.
Just focus on the 24 hours in front of you & do what you can to get closer to where you want to be."

In light of my late-night pity party, I thought this was extremely appropriate. I really appreciate all of you understanding and giving me some tips. Really, I am just letting myself get ahead of myself, and I know it will all be fine. I might leave it up to let myself know in the future that I DID survive and to remind myself of the danger of over-thinking. (Ha -- MOST of my posts could serve as that reminder, couldn't they?)

Anyway -- today I did my teacher's meeting, but didn't eat, and left them and went to the parade -- met dh, dddil, and dgd there... and then dh took me to Next Town to get my allergy shots. Now I can start taking them at home again! Hooray for that! BUT... one advantage to going over there to get them, dh took me by Chick-Fil-A. :D I love Chick-Fil-A. I think I could eat there every day.

Ddil has called twice in the last five minutes. DS is in Nashville and she is at loose ends... First she called to ask what restaurant she and dh ate at when they were there with ds... and then (after dh didn't remember) she called back to tell me she found it on her maps app. ROFLOL...

I do have some stuff planned for the time I have dgrands for extended time -- tomorrow night is the Homecoming parade; Friday, if things get desperate, dgs and I might go to the ballgame (dh doesn't want to go -- Braves must be playing); Saturday, I'll take dgd to visit dmom.
Tomorrow is another day.

Norma

Postby Norma » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:46 pm

Well, I know that Pam and her husband divorced but not Peggy and Danny. Danny was on the Vancouver PD with a friend of mine, but he died a few years ago and I can't even go to him now for info. I don't know. It seems impossible to find out doesn't it? Oh well!
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:30 pm

Having some activities to get everyone out of the house is helpful, Lucylee, even if it's running errands.

Oy - as I was finishing up getting dressed after shower dd came by and talked and talked and then dh showed up to change clothes before he goes bowling. AAaagh. Please, no interruptions when I've set a timer and gotten myself working!

I think I'm just DONE. I have 10K steps in.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:53 pm

YES, Twins -- anything in the car is (usually) more peaceful than the running around playing what dgs so aptly named "Chase & Scream." (LOL -- he claims he doesn't even LIKE to play Chase & Scream, that that was dgd's idea -- but I notice he is always in on the chasing part at least. :roll:

NEXT WEEK, we'll have church Wednesday night and the 2nd grade school play Thursday night, so that will help also.

Plus, dh seems to be feeling a little better this evening. It all just looks a lot better right now, than it did last night. I love to have a calendar & schedule, but I do NOT need to DWELL on it... that is for certain!

EVERYBODY has SOMETHING... I know... you with your dd & the brisket & your dh and his social butterfly tendencies... and there's Harriet, who finally thought she'd get a day of normalcy at home but no, that wasn't to be... and of course Norma & Cathy with health concerns of their own... and all of y'all that I'm leaving out. So many of you have bigger stresses than I do at the moment.

MT told me once that I told myself c*r**p and I should tell myself 5? (10?) POSITIVE THINGS for every negative thing. Well... there's a LOT of positives to all that we have going on right now, so I shall dwell on THAT part of my life. Today was a really nice day. Kitchen is s/s, dh put away dishes, and I'm just going to chill out for a while. Read the paper and maybe read a book for awhile.
* I wonder how MT is doing? She's been absent for quite a while.
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:58 pm

Yeah, but child care, even when it's grandkids is exhausting, Lucy!

I have gone through the list of bounced emails and additions/corrections for the Rosh Hashahah deal and emailed, sent Facebook messages and sent text messages.

I also walked the dog.

I may listen to the beginning of the webinar while I take the meat off the rotisserie chicken.

Return to “Post When You Can”