push forward Tuesday pwyc

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: push forward Tuesday pwyc

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:00 pm

Norma - It's good to see you here! I'm glad you have a good medical team tracking down the physical issues and seeking solutions. Please keep us in the loop as much as your comfortable with.

I know "stories" get started and expanded upon on and then no one knows the real story.

yes, I've heard some of the stories too. Some included dementia and in a nursing home. Some stories included MS and unable to walk. Without proof, they are just stories.

I had to come here to get my dose of normal and hang in my comfort zone for a few minutes.

Today has been filled with things out of my comfort zone, but they have all been good things. Travel was as enjoyable as it could be. Absolutely no problems and almost zero stress. Our group has 6 women and 7 men. We have a couple of retired marines in our group that has traveled a gazillion times and can do it with their eyes closed. One of them took the lead and the other one brought up the rear to make sure no one got left behind. All we had to do was put one foot in front of the other when switching terminals and planes. When we arrived here we had a bus waiting for our group right outside the airport door. Easy Peasy.

Dinner was catered and ready for us to eat when we arrived at the main site. While eating we listened to them explain what we will be doing this week. Afterward, we had a meeting and went over some of the reasons why we are doing this.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:22 pm

Enjoyed the article, Twins'. yes, I think the divorce mentioned is just Pam's. I wish that concept of television show had gone further!

Extra nice to have you around posting, btw, Norma! So interesting that you and your sister have this condition in common. I suppose we are blessed (?) to have hospitals find out whole new things about us. Hmmm... .. Sometimes I see why my dmother used to avoid doctors like other people used to avoid telegrams.

Dd39 called from Atlanta after giving a speech there. She had many come up to her with compliments afterward, that she was the only speaker who gave practical ideas and answers rather than just explaining problems (cyber security). I reminded her of Pam and Peggy's tip of writing down compliments for a compliment file, because someday you won't be able to remember exactly the who, what or when of a compliment. She'll stay to hear the keynote speech in the morning and then fly home. The boys are going to be so glad to see her after 4 days.

from the "I told him so" dept -
Dd's young man got the job. Now he has better benefits, shorter commute, calmer work environment, and even though his particular dept is small, his title is the "senior" designer. (smile) I told him so. I knew his portfolio would wow the new employers. The dimensional timeline walls he's done for auto museums are eye-popping, hold so much info.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:28 pm

I have made dinner and cleaned up after. Walked the ddog to the corner as my reward.
I have been changing out summer clothes for fall clothes.
That took some time but I did it in rounds this afternoon, and it was not to bad.
I am also trying to do the dining room zone this week, bit by bit I am making some progress.
I had some things to put in the she bc we are supposed to get rain, did that at dusk.

M bed room floor is picked up enough I can vacuum it in the morning yea for a plan.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:45 pm

I did get something accomplished today after all. I find I have no upholstery cleaning fluid so went out to run errands and get some. I wasn't able to find any but I did find some aerosol upholstery foam that I'll adapt somehow. I got bleach and fabric softener, parchment paper and garbage bags. An odd assortment but that was my list.

Stopped by gas station and pharmacy for Rx.

My back is getting better. I am able to bend without pain (I picked up a dime in the parking lot) and there is just a dull ache above my waistline.

Norma, good that you're out of the hospital again...and I suppose it's good that they found the problem, because NOT finding the problem is when bad things happen...but I'm sorry you're facing something else. Too bad you're having to sell your house.

Seems like if P & P wanted all their information out there, it would be. Odd after all their publicity that they're just off the radar now.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:05 am

Harmony — I saw your post about your sleepless night — or rather, the ups and downs of strange sleep patterns. No way your sleep schedule is more “off” than ours!
Last night we fell asleep during Sargeant Preston. 3:30-4:00 am.
I was up at 10:00 for teacher meeting. Dh — 11:00.
Nap from 7:30-9:00 pm.
Tonight will be a repeat.

This is one reason it is so hard to adapt to dgrands’ schedules when they are here. But if it’s not a school night, we do let them stay up as long as they want, in hopes they will let us sleep later in the morning hours.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”