Anti Procratination Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Anti Procratination Wednesday PWYC

Postby lucylee » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:03 pm

Ha! I'm kinda doing the OPPOSITE of anti-procrastination today. Just taking it easy in prep for the coming onslaught. ;)
DH wants to continue watching the dvr of the PBS Country Music series. It is really good.
Haircut at 4:30.

Congrats and WTG to dd's "young man," Harriet!
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:04 pm

One might ask, "How could you not miss $590?" In actuality dh puts all the cash he's gotten over the summer away & we take it for our 'play money' to FL. However, we really rarely use it up and bring it back and usually put it away here. I wouldn't have thought about it after I got back here. Nice to know we have that cushion though. It's our 'emergency' stash. He usually keeps back a certain amount of cash when he deposits his pay check and we simply rarely use it up.

Dh has been watching that same PBS Country music series too, LudyLee. Wish I had some way to record it for him. He was up to 11pm last night watching it and that's just too late for him when he gets up to go to work so early.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:45 pm

I've worked two rounds and done more than I would have expected. I found that I was procrastinating on going back upstairs so I made a few trips to bring down stuff. I made an appt to get my hair cut on Monday and also to have lunch w dcousin.

I'm going to try to start another 45 minutes of work in just a minute. I don't know dh's schedule but I know he'll be here by 6 p.m. when he has to drink that foul stuff. His prep is different than mine - today he drinks the magnesium citrate laxative but he starts the full prep with clear liquids, etc. tomorrow a.m. and the colonoscopy isn't until Friday. I almost wonder if it makes sense for me to cook anything for him tonight?

Anyway, I'm back to work.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:01 pm

When I think of the hours and hours and hours I've wasted looking both for my key fob and dh's passport over the past couple of months -it makes me crazy. I can say I am just finally thankful that they both have been found and I can quit looking. :roll: Also kept thinking that there was a pocket or zipper somewhere I'd missed. Thought I was safe putting everything important in this one pink carrying case. Evidently not. :?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:40 pm

Got another roubd moved some wood off te patio, yea!
One more batch to move of bean poles next up.
Did another round a nice cool breeze is blowing got the next 2 rounds accomplished yea!
Taking a bit oif a rest before I tackle the next bit, moving wood is great exercise. :mrgreen:
Yea last round done! Clean off patio continues but at least now I can sweep it off!
Plus I spiffed up the kitchen got most of the lunch ready for tomorrow.
Dinner is settled for h. I am still deciding.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:50 pm

Lotsa report mods getting done. Must be anti-procrastination day at payroll, too; I am getting some long pending items done.

So nice that lost things are turning up, especially $590!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:16 pm

Yay Dee! Good job finding the document and the money!

Great job with the clean out, Twins!

I'm good at putting things away. Not so good remembering where I put them.

Found the upholstery cleaning a bit challenging. I didn't expect to be working at that all afternoon. Lots of mopping of the floor because this thing works great on level, but not so good when I went over the edges. And discovered my poor hands with arthritis aren't strong enough to get one of the fittings apart and not strong enough to get the hose attached. So I was back and forth with DH helping with that...which made me extremely nervous with the wet floor etc.

But it's all done, 6 chairs, a long upholstered bench and then I did the big overstuffed chair in the living room I like to sit at when I want to be quiet (away from the tv) and read. It's all drying under the fan on high speed and the more it all dries the lighter and brighter it looks. Happy to have this project done.

Now I'm sitting with my hoodie on, some warmth for my shoulders. Using my arms and working under the fan has my joints complaining.

On to the next project.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:45 am

Did everyone go to bed early? Looks like a quiet night around here!
I got my hair trimmed, came home and cooked supper, s/s kitchen (dh helped), and then I went to church.
Back home, read the papers and a new magazine that had just arrived in the last day or so.
I better exercise. I don’t want to let dgrands interfere with my progress in exercise, but past experience tells me it often falls by the wayside when they are here. ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”