Anti Procratination Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Anti Procratination Wednesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:43 am

We all need a day when all those things "I've been meaning to do" come due! Today is Anti Procrastination day, time to get on it!

Extra credit: make a 5 x 5 list, or 5 x 7 list, or whatever list suits your needs and cross 'em off!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: Anti Procratination Wednesday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:44 am

hello d twins! good morning!

d harriet congratulations to your dd's young man! congratulations on the new job!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:06 am

Exactly what I was thinking and absolutely what I need to do today, Twins! I've been marking things down that I've been procrastinating on for some time. They all need to be done NOW! Mostly it involves desk type work -like multiple checks for memorials, project at our church in FL, repaying dfriend for filter system he bought for us, etc, etc, etc. I just can't put them off any longer. I know I'll feel so much better when they're done:
1) Write check for FL church -DONE
2) Write check for Denny -DONE
3) Write check for dgs birthday/card -DONE
4) Write check for Jeff fund raiser -DONE

5) Go to post office & mail the above
6) Go to $ Store for candy for campground Halloween this Saturday

Dh just got back from getting blood drawn. It's so easy peasy for him! Me? Not so much!!

Norma, meant to tell you that dh had an aorta valve replacement -wow it's been 6 years now. Doesn't seem possible. I say this only to say that he definitely felt so much better after it. He did have some problems after but they seemed to resolve themselves. Our very best to you in whatever is in store for you.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:18 am

hello d dee! good day to you as well.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:23 am

I am going to do anti procrastination day - do the kitchen - I didn't finish it yesterday and it needs my love.
today is also bill day - check my checking account.
visit d aunt.

uncle wrote to see what time I was going. I told him I can go whatever time he wants me to go. I would rather go in the morning but she has activities. I was told that her next surgery will be in January and that my brother and I will be the only ones here. that's okay. I will plan on it. I wish she wasn't an hour away. The traffic at 2 - 6:30 is horrible.

well alrighty - breakfast has been eaten
I need to work on the kitchen.
call d mom

find some way to be good to myself. 8-)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:10 am

Yes, congrats to the young man! (Are we to call him "the young man" forever, Harriet? :lol: :lol: )

My big anti procrastination day activity is getting upstairs. I also need to run a few errands. Dh will be home for supper tonight, but likely eating lightly because he starts colonoscopy prep in the morning. :?

I am going upstairs at 11 a.m., in 15 min. Need to eat something first...

--------------

And this sat on my computer awhile...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:23 am

I sat on my computer too :shock: 8-)

timer on for 60 minutes. see you soon

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:34 am

Yes, congrats to the young man! (Are we to call him "the young man" forever, Harriet
Ditto here! Does he have some work at the NASCAR museum downtown, Harriet? Hope we can go again someday -one when Dh and I both feel like doing it. Last time was a bust for me. Felt so lousy that day & as I remember dh had been quite sick leading up to it.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:11 pm

Hi everyone! DD17 did not have homework last night, but did not want to eat out. We watched videos and I started reupholstering my kitchen chairs. Before he died, Briggs had accidents on two of them and I could not get the smell out and all of them are in bad shape anyway. They also don't match, but that is not as important. There is still more work to be done. I always inspect my chairs before the party, because one year a chair fell apart under a friend!

Camping has been cancelled this weekend. Between DD's worry over homework, problems with the campsite, weather getting too cold for swimming, and difficulties contacting other parties, it just was not looking good. I did find out what was annoying the other party - we were going to be leaving late. Not much I can do about that, I have my usual Saturday commitment and DD has a guitar lesson. Fact is, it takes significant arranging for me to have a free weekend, with the x and the animal org. It is likely to be my norm to leave late Saturday afternoon. And until I can get the trailer back in the yard without DD, I have to schedule with her. I still have to make the arrangements for Thanksgiving camping.

My anti-procrastination task: party invitations to church friends.

Other essentials: Christmas info to my brother and clean out the heater closet before the new furnace is installed, trash to curb.

If a miracle occurs and there is more time: continue dismantling the rabbit hutch and work on the chairs.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:38 pm

I slept in till 7 today.
My anti p. Task - grate up zuchinni and chop up more plums, mix together flash freeze em, done,
then to put in the basement freezer when frozen.
I did some other Anti P. Things ahead of rain putting away some items at dusk. [I may have posted about those last nite.]
Qt, Breakfast journal & planning all done.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”