thursday errand day? 5 x 5? what's the flexible plan?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: thursday errand day? 5 x 5? what's the flexible plan?

Postby Harmony » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:23 pm

(Dee).

Twins, I surely don't envy your DH going through that. Wish they could figure out an easier procedure.

Lets see how far I am with the 5X5:

1. Re-cleaned several of the chairs, there were 2 spots which didn't come out and 1 place on the bench...I had to keep redoing them over and over... and I am done with that now.

2. LOL, all the towels and 1 throw rug.

3. Mopped floors in living room, dining room and 1 hallway.

4. Pre-soaked grout joints in the kitchen. If this recommendation works I'll let everybody know.

So far that's it.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:07 pm

Great to hear about found money, found paint for projects and found passport! Tuesday must have been finding day.

I probably started calling him the young man because I resisted "boyfriend", lol. But it has been four years. Who knew. I have been asked "are they serious?" and never know what to say. They do compare savings accounts - that's a sign of something, hmmm? Dee, not at very urban places, no, but event area museums.

Nancy, your ddog seems to know you very well and want the best for you!

Waiting on the mail at this point. Supposedly there's a check in the mail and being able to deposit while I'm out doing other things would make my errands easier. Wasn't arrived by usual mail time. DgdC passed by on the road with Mommy on their way to pick up dgs7, and tells me she is drawing me a picture.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:30 pm

Oh my... it is “let the games begin” around here.
Two hours in (school dismissed early) and I could already see dh’s stress level rising, so I said, “Let’s go outside!”
I’m sitting on the porch swing and they are running around playing.
Thank goodness it is a bit cooler! “Only” 87 degrees when we picked up dgs.

After dh finishes reading the paper/watching the Braves/listening to radio talk show *** sigh *** THEN I think he will be better able to deal with all this.
We will go to the parade around 5:30.
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:43 pm

Lucy it's cooler here also, only 85 degrees and cloudy. Right now the high for Rosh Hashanah, when I have a houseful of people, looks like mid-90s. I want cooler weather so our outside can be used then.

The only errand I skipped was going through the car wash. I really should have it "detailed" because the windows are filmy on the inside and when I try to clean them they just smear. And the car wash wasn't in the direction I was going.

I need to peel my bottom off my chair and get stuff put away. I never finished kitchen clean up either - I have pan that I cooked brisket in to clean up.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:20 pm

Home from all my running. My appointment for my DEXXA Scan was 2:15. I was out before 2:30. Stopped T Horton's & got an iced capp, then stopped at Al di's to see if they had a certain item -they didn't. Then as I drove route 19 there was a detour. Good as I was so early. Then I missed the driveway to the funeral home when I got to that town and drove around the 1 mile square. Still was very early. I finally got out as all the daughters of my friend were all outside. All came running to give me a hug. I've seen a couple of them the last couple of years but been quite a while for one of the twins. (DS-R even dated her for a while quite some time ago). Then the Mom (also a daughter) of the young man came out and we hugged and talked for a while. Went inside to see our friends (the grandparents) and it was good I was early as we had a nice chance to chat and share. Even so it's been a hard afternoon.

Dh and I are going down to the pub for dinner. This is their last weekend for this year at least. I really have my doubts they'll be back next year but I could be wrong. Dh won't be able to go tomorrow night and Saturday night there's a Halloween spaghetti dinner. So I'm somewhat surprised the pub will be open -they've been closed the last several Saturdays. But then there is a very popular band in the rec hall so that explains a lot.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:44 pm

just a quick hi - HI!

just got home a little bit ago. I didn't finish my errands with d mom bc I got drained more than physically tired. - I just didn't feel like driving during rush hour. (probably bc of last night).

I still have to wash out d aunts bird feeders - they are really bad. I was going to buy her a new one but it was so expensive.

take care!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:56 pm

Grout cleaning tip: I used the aerosol floor, carpet & upholstery wool ite product. Let it foam up on joints and stay on there 10-15 minutes, scrubbed with a brush, rinsed off. Nope. Spotty results. And still I was on my hands and knees to apply product which had bad directional spray and on my knees to scrub... and I suspect the brush I used was too soft. So back to the drawing board.

I did mop the rest of my kitchen. I really need to find something for this problem where I'm not on my knees.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:10 pm

I have done errands.
Baked quick bread and 50% whole wheat loaf.
Painted a craft.
Dinner is in the oven.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:35 pm

Parade done... kinda getting a bit of a candy rush now, but while they’re eating, the noise level drops, so there’s that, LOL.
Not long till baths and bed. At least for dgs — we’ll let dgd stay up later, till she acts sleepy.
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:47 pm

One’s asleep, one is still playing on his tablet.
House is picked up and I am actually reading a book! :)
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”