FRIDAY -FORGET?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: FRIDAY -FORGET?

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:44 pm

What a strange day. I napped a couple of hours and am still dragging. Dh has been bored bored bored and there's nothing worse! They told him not to drive today but he couldn't stand it - he's been to get a haircut, and just now took off to bowl a little. He's in a tournament this weekend.

We're going to friends' home for Shabbat dinner and I have my challah in the oven baking. I've stamped a bit also...I feel at loose ends. When he's here it's like a random thought generator because I can't focus on anything...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:04 pm

Happy Birthday, blessed!

Hope you feel better, Nancy.

"The somebody game" -
I hear this, too. Today somebody had done all kinds of mischief in HRH's office, where I seldom go and dd21 hasn't gone in weeks. Batteries, a tape measure and a light were missing. No, somebody does not go to the exact place he left things and intentionally move them to ruin his day.

My morning was spent spiffing the house.
Deep clean of front bath.
A friend came by and we went to lunch with him to a buffet place with lots of choices.
Beforehand, we stopped in WMart for : batteries, a tape measure and a light. :|
Got gasoline - took all 3 of us to figure out how you open the gas cap cover, reading manual, lol.

(We're not telling dd that we couldn't figure that out for so long. She would probably have been able to walk up and do it.)

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:17 pm

Oh dear, Twins... I certainly KWYN about that random thought generator. :) Here it’s x3 and I am sooo tired.
We are going to the high school football game in a little while. Not even planning to stay for the whole thing, LOL. Mainly going to eat supper and get a program, because we have one from every year since ds was in 8th grade at least. Lots more before then, but not consecutively, I don’t think. It’s Homecoming, so we’ll see lots of pretty girls and their dads, who were children in our classrooms — just yesterday. ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:50 pm

Dgson is suiting up for the game but not playing all the seniors are healthy.

Dgd came by after school.
She was here long enough to paint a rock and help pick a squash and 3 mini ghost pumpkins.
Did not have time to bake anything so I sent the cake mix with her,
She and her mom can do up cup cakes this weekend.

My walk after dinner warmed me up that helped!
I had to look up where to put the orange zest in the rolls, looks like every where lol!
I got one zested and juiced to do up later, I can tell this recipe is going to be a journey lol!
I am going to try a cold rise over nite with the yeast.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:30 pm

Happy Birthday Blessedw2!

I should be asleep but I needed to have a normal moment in my life so I came here. I've been going non-stop for over 17 hours today. I will be up and going hard again in about 6 hours from now. I am enjoying every moment of this trip but it is exhausting. Tomorrow we will work until noon serving food/drinks to homeless in the Bronx borough of New York City and then go directly to the airport and make the 7-hour trip home. I am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tomorrow night.

Sweet Dreams
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:52 am

thank you so very much for the birthday blessings!!! so wonderful. thank you
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”