From fearful to fearless Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: From fearful to fearless Friday

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:24 pm

"Facebook Jail" usually just means someone's account is deactivated temporarily. A lot of times they come back under a different name anyway, but their it's a limited time "in jail." I'm in a "You know you're from ....." group locally and some was put in jail for a meme representing "Moon Pies" which are made here. I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

I walked both with the dog and without and at least nearly have my steps for the day. I talked to dh and he's going on to services tonight. I'll call doc on Monday if I'm not better. And dd is insistent that I come to her event tomorrow night and bring Muffin - it's havdalah in the garden at temple with dogs. I'll go for awhile and beg off...Muffin won't be comfortable.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:56 pm

Graft! Yep that's the word! Gotta be the oddest English word after queue!

I ran out of steam to get much more done today. I wish my house looked better after all the work I did.

I called dsmil and invited her to dinner Thanksgiving...but she said no. She said she was doing something with her girlfriend but they didn't know what yet. She said she just doesn't care about holidays any more. Since DH's dad died, she just never seemed to get over that and I think she sounds depressed.

I did make dinner, spaghetti and meatballs and salad. We haven't had that in a long time. We have salad a lot but not the spaghetti because it's too many carbs I think. But once in a while...when I get tired of chicken.

One of the items on my store list was a small round battery for my kitchen timer.. or a new kitchen timer if it was cheaper. They didn't have the same number of battery and I checked the jewelry counter too but they don't carry it. So I got a new timer. Specialty battery store probably would have been more $.

I use the timer for 2 things: cookies (once a year) and frozen pizza when we are too tired to cook and can't stand the leftovers. I got the timer. Guess what I forgot: pizza. And it was on the list!

RRose, I like to read one author, then read all of the series. I got totally spoiled reading one author, and I read 20 of the ongoing stories; there are 4 I haven't read... and I've read 6 of her other series. Now every time I read something I think, nope, not as good as hers. There's only one other author I like as well. It's kind of spoiled reading for me.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:13 pm

the first place I headed for once retired was the library. When I taught, only real time I had to read was during the summers and breaks.

Rosie: I thought you were going to say, "When I taught, the only real place I had to myself during summers was at the library because none of my students hung out there!"

Before leaving for dinner I got 90 - 95% done the service, still tweaking the sermon.

Dinner was fun. The dd was late (she got lost in a subdivision and ended up walking 25 minutes rather than go back to a bus stop and waiting 30 minutes for the next bus.) The grandkids were great. Dgd was sitting next to me so as soon as she was settled, I started breaking apart bread to put in front of her. She eats quite a lot and had bread, tomatoes, olives, and pasta with tomato sauce. Her mom took over at one point but wasn't fast enough so dgd leaned over and grabbed my arm to let me know she needed more food.

We drove dgs home because the next bus was in 9 minutes when it was time to leave and there was no way dd could pack up completely. We packed the up leftovers, cleared the rest of her stuff from the table while she headed home. Her bus dropped her at her street just as we turned onto the street with our car. I had a nice chat with dgs on the way home. (I ride in the back with him to keep him company since he's rear facing so I can't point things out to him.)

I'm really tired, despite having tea for dinner so I might just head to bed now.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:51 pm

Just checking in — we’re in College Town, but ddil and dgd has to stay home! :( DGD had 101 temp this morning and went to the doctor. Double ear infection, respiratory infection, possible strep, possible UTI. Ddil said she coughed all night and wet the bed twice. :(
We just feel so sorry for her...
I offered to stay home and let Ddil come to the game, but she was exhausted, plus pointed out she had already been exposed to what the pediatrician said was “highly infectious.”
But ds has talked to them twice and says she sounds better, now that she’s on an antibiotic.

Y’all have a good weekend!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”