Saturday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Saturday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:08 am

Nothing came to mind today so here we are just PWYC Saturday!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Re: Saturday PWYC

Postby CathyS » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:24 am

Hi!

I've been up since around 5. Dh was fussing with the fireplace and he had the overhead lights on in the living room plus he was fully dressed! He never has pants and a long sleeve t shirt on unless he has to go to work because he's always hot. Seems the living room temperature was 15 C, which is 5 C less than usual. We have a service technician from a furnace company coming between now and 2 this afternoon to see what's up even though we don't actually have a furnace, we do have thermostats and a boiler for the radiant heated floors. I was cold last night even before supper but I thought I was just being sucky because of the ongoing pain. Nope. If I had actually said I was really cold, dh would have looked at the thermostats last night and realized floors weren't heating up.

So... we have had a raging fire going since 5 a.m and the heat in the living room is 10 degrees C hotter than at 5 a.m. Dh keeps feeding the fireplace and then going back out to the garage to work on switching tires over for customers. Starting on Monday, every customer we have is a female for the entire week. We have a huge calendar on the side of the fridge for appointments. Almost all of them are also getting oil changes at the same time because they are all just so organized!

We are going out for supper tonight to a Vietnamese soup place. Dh suggested it before the house was hot.

Because I am trying to lift the wood pieces so the fire keeps going, I now have a nice toasty looking pink spot on the top of 3 knuckles that got over heated. I'm going to tell dh to slow down the fire because it's just too hot for me.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:04 pm

I hope the flooring heat is restored quickly, Cathy. It is quite cold, too cold to be without heat.

I'm up and dressed, but not showered. I lost track of time and suddenly it was just before 10. I promised the super I'd be ready between 10 and 2 to look at a Christmas tree he's been storing for the residents' association. He nearly fell over when I said the manager said we could put it up! She normally says no to everything.

She said no to lots of things at my meeting with her but yes to my next two new Christmas items and a definite maybe to me taking over the tuck shop for the residents. She gave me her objection (she doesn't want to be taken back to the landlord-tenant board by the other group) and indicated that when she raised it again with the owner on her own (I had asked 2 years ago but she asked again after our LTB hearing where we lost our attempt to get money back since they took away the tuck shop) and he asked which group wanted the space (me with the residents' association or the tenants' association who are the ones going to the LTB all the time.) . That indicates to me that the owner (who is anonymous) might be willing to work with me on this.

Last night, I started the first steps on that by seeking assurance from the tenants' group that they will support use of the space for the tenants to use. They should since that gives them a space to use as well for meetings.

This morning I need to get signs up for the Christmas events and our train adventure and an email out to members as well. The train adventure also needs to be on the website for which I need dh's help.

We need to leave here by 3. At least my service is finished and in my preaching binder. And it is a beautiful day for a drive.

Dh is out for a walk with one our refugees. It is so cold, they'll go to a mall and walk inside.

<This sat here while I went to look at the Christmas Tree with the super and it is lovely, lit, and functional. So that is a 'go.'>

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:03 pm

I think I need some of Kathryn's meds. I know I'm feeling cr@ppy because I've got a cold/virus, but still, You Go, Kathryn!

Dh is out Sat a.m. as usual - I don't know his plans for the day. I'm supposed to go to temple tonight for an event with dd. I guess I'll make an appearance and then beg off...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:27 pm

Twins: I haven't left the computer keyboard since my last post. I did get the service for next week started and emailed the musician regarding music for next week and December.

I also fell back into the child car seat rabbit hole.

I still should shower.

And I still need to get the signs up.

Dh is on his way home now. If there's no lineup, he'll get the car washed.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:35 pm

Kathryn, I have left my seat but I'm back in it.

I haven't showered or brushed teeth today. I've written two long procrastinated notes. I like to make cards, but procrastinate on sending them.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:45 pm

We’re up and at ‘em — just about to head out for the game. Dh is “so glad” I’m getting to go... LOL... he just can’t fathom that anyone would be just as happy to watch on tv.
Ds reports that dgd slept better, so that’s good news. Dgs has a pretty bad cough, so that’s bad news. But he says he feels like going to the game.

I’ve maker people arrived bright and early so that’s done!

Hope y’all have a great day!
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:01 pm

hello!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:15 pm

Coffee make died last night so I did an early store rone back home by nine thirty, got 5 things.
I used to keep a back up coffee maker on hand did not have one this time.
Got a new bs meter.
It was really foggy out I am home safe.
More coffee!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:19 pm

I'm showered now. Heating yesterday's leftovers for lunch. Dh just texted from the basement that the car is washed but he's down there inflating a flat tire. Ours. This could be bad because you can't get into a tire shop now due to winter tire swaps and our spare a) isn't a winter tire and b) is limited to speed to below the limit on the road we have to take today. There may be side roads but we don't know them and it is winter so their condition (it a beautiful out but windy so blowing snow across the highway) is dodgy.

Return to “Post When You Can”