Satisfying Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Satisfying Sunday

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:42 am

Lookin' for a satisfying Sunday. I'm not even sure what that entails at this point, I am just trying to get past this cold!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Re: Satisfying Sunday

Postby CathyS » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:18 pm

Hi!

We went to bed early last night and woke up early this morning.

Dh had 2 customers this morning and now he has gone to Princess Auto to pick up "stuff". I had 2 Tylenol 3's with brunch, so I think a nap is in my very near future. Real Tylenol 3s knock me out. Unlike the crappy generic ones that I had gotten for a while. Because I complained to the Doctor and then told the pharmacist that my doctor wanted me to have the non generic pills, I now get the non generic pills.

We plan on having pork chops for supper. I don't know what we will have with them though. I let dh take over cooking if he feels like it.

Bright sunny day here, so that means it's COLD outside. Boiler is doing it's job extremely well now that the pressure has been adjusted.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:32 pm

hello d twins and d cathy!!!
satisfying Sunday to you too.

dishes are washing themselves as I didn't do them last night (hiding under my dish towel :D )

Now to make menu for this week. I have multiple meals now in the fridge for the holidays.
I really want to make the gingerbread next weekend and freeze it.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:15 pm

I used to buy the T 3's whenever we were in Canada, Cathy. Used them a lot. Haven't had them in years but there are times I wish we did. Know it's the codeine in them.

Went to church this morning. Dozed off and on a lot yesterday. Dh went to hockey with dd and it was very cold -our dfriends at church who go said they were still recovering from the extreme cold there. DD's going soon, but dh says he's staying home today. If he decides later he wants to go, he can simply drive our car over. It's not even 20 minutes. Even with dozing yesterday I had nearly 8 hours sleep last night. Oh it was wonderful!! First time I've had a 'star' in many days.

Going to pick up in the office then I'm going to do my exercises. Never did anything at all yesterday -except put up dh's meds for 4 weeks.

I do want to get an electric fireplace ordered for dd/dsonil's anniversary this week. So will try to do that after dd leaves for the rink.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:52 pm

Afternoon!

I was up early this morning as well...stripped and changed the bed and put the old sheets in the wash. They are almost done with drying.

Headed out to the flea market to talk to my jewelry guy about my earrings. They came from Turkey in the mid-40's when my grandfather was in the Merchant Marines during the war and he was fascinated with them..Talked me out of converting the earrings from screw backs to French wires because he said they wouldn't hang right so we decided just to put posts on them since I have pierced ears. May get them back nest Sunday.

Stopped at the post office to drop off a package, but the dispenser was locked, so I'll put that on my to do list for tomorrow. Headed to the grocery store to do some shopping and then gassed up my car. Came back home, unloaded the grocery and put them away and then made myself a salad. I was starving again which is really rare for me.

Next up is my weekly call to my mom which usually last between 1.5-2 hours. Wish I could just break it up into little chunks during the week, but those calls usually last for ever too. Not complaining too much because I know with her being almost 92 things could change.

Tomorrow is the gym, then a quick stop at either Burrlington's or Rosses to look for a cross body purse to use on my trip. The one I use all the time is too small because I'll be travelling with Sweetie so I suspect I will need a bit more room. When I travel by myself, I like to be has hands free as possible. Plus I'll be able to stop post office on my way home

Off to make my call...the good thing about it is I can talk to my mom and will be able to get the rest of my steps in...win/win. Enjoy the rest of your day :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:06 pm

Home from church and another successful Thanksgiving Meal.

I was up before 6am and double-timing it to get everything cooked, packed and loaded. Once at church it was non-stop getting set-up, dishes put out, organized, served, and cleaned up. Thankfully there are many people who have many years of experience with putting these type meals together. I heard we had 305 people today. I just know that we ran out of mashed potatoes, dressing and deviled eggs with about 50 people left to serve. Ohs well. The complainers are more than welcome to help plan and prep the food next time. There was still plenty of food available to eat. I was the last one to fill my plate and I had an abundance of food to choose from.

I am ready to put my feet up and relax for a bit. I love lazy Sunday afternoons.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:24 pm

LadyM, that's a lot of people to feed.

I had 8 cans of vegetables to donate towards the Thanksgiving meal we're hosting at our church but I forgot them. One of the guys in charge said to bring them tonight, he would be there. Our new pastor is being installed tonight so we are going to see that.

Service was wonderful today. New pastor has a nice sense of humor and his sermon was very interesting and uplifting. Not complicated or deep, just very uplifting and encouraging with a lot of truth. We've been getting good crowds. I think everyone is happy we've moved on.

Had lunch out with friends, DH and I shared a big salad. Enjoyed it a lot.

I got dishwasher unloaded and garbage ready for tomorrow's pickup. I think I'll work on my desk next as it's piled up. Then I won't have to do it tomorrow.

It was 55° this morning when we got up. Outside. I took my warm shawl to church. It is bright and grey out. It feels like fall and the change is very nice. My plants don't mind it I guess, my four-o'clocks are all in full bloom in one of the big planters out front.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:14 pm

I have painted a mini crate, and the top of a small table.
Have a roast in the crock pot for dinner.
Lunch i s over we had leftovers.
It has been raining,
Waiting on paint to dry now.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:17 pm

I've had an okay day. A nap, walk with dog, snuggle with dh. He's gone to bowling, dog is walked, I'm s2s-ed and can perhaps face the week. Not sure if I need a call to doc. We're on a jet plane early Sat to NYC for a week, I hate to not be well...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:25 pm

Slept well in the hotel. Never heard the hockey teams. Slept through the night without having to get up to pee.

Good breakfast.

Got to church early because getting off on time was easy. I think that's another benefit of the pills. I went over the service in the car and commented that I needed a sunny day for one of the prayers. Then I loudly asked God for sunshine and promised not to write a prayer based on the weather forecast in the future. Fourteen minutes before it was needed the sun started to shine. Dh commented that when he noted it, he started to smile in the pew. I was seated behind the pulpit at that point so he couldn't see me smiling too!

Service went well. I was still over the hour by 7 minutes but it was a long sermon and there's not enough time for even a 10 minute sermon because of all the stuff crammed into the beginning of the service. TBH, a good deal of that should be taken out but I'm not in charge.

Had an excellent coffee hour. At the end, someone came and asked I go to the hospital to visit her mom. Technically, I'm not allowed (that is not my role and at best it is seen as stepping on the toes of either the minister or the pastoral care committee, at worst it is seen misrepresenting myself as a minister.) So I started by saying I wasn't allowed and confirming there was a pastoral care team.

A person I was sitting with said, "She doesn't want them, she wants you. Can't you go as a friend?" Actually the answer is no to that too if I was still licensed but, I've already burned my license over the not being allowed to do funerals for friends, so dh and I drove her over (she's legally blind) and I said a prayer for the mother and the daughter. I'm pretty terrible at this, but that's not the point. The point is to trust that God will help me connect them to the peace and love that surrounds them in this scary time.

On the way home, I texted MF and told him what I did. I acknowledged I crossed boundaries but told him what I told you guys. He's a stickler for boundaries but he's also fed up with denominational rules.

My feeling is sometimes you let God take the lead, no matter what the Sadducees and Pharisees say.

The drive home was easy. We'll have soup and sandwiches tonight although neither of us are hungry at all. Dh suggested pizza since we hadn't had it for almost a week. I pointed out we had it last night!

Return to “Post When You Can”