Monday PWYC/Countdown to T-sgiving Wk

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Monday PWYC/Countdown to T-sgiving Wk

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:56 pm

I'm scrambling to finish my number one priority of the day, get the paper newsletters out. I just finished printing and figured out which apartments need them while on the phone with ds.

He'll make me a Baby's First Christmas ornament for dgd so that's an item I don't have to shop for. I do have to send him a sketch of what I want, though. He's doing amazing stuff with the laser cutter at the library. He's already been paid for his first project so is currently showing a profit.

I've been fighting websites and my computer all day today. Finally was able to get the frequent flyer miles website to work and have booked our flights. The fees were $1300 and we'll have to pay cash for dh's trip to Africa but this will give us fairly luxurious travel to Spain.

The cruise is in Feb/Mar and is from Spain to Miami. We'll do several ports in Spain, Gibralter, 2 ports in Portugal, Madeira, and then 9 days at sea (I think) across to Florida. The ship is on its first cruise after being cut in two, stretched 90', and put back together. And completely refit. So it is like a new cruise and since crossing the North Atlantic in March isn't a normal cruise, the cruise was cheap. All I was looking for was time on a ship, so I'm getting that. This isn't our normal cruise line so it won't be as formal. And the ship, despite the refit, is still much smaller than my usual ship small ships, so there isn't a lot to do. Apparently they do destination tops but since the second part of the cruise has no destinations, there won't be a lot to distract us. I'll take books.

I need to book the flight home from Miami because that's on our winter school break and I expect the flight to fill up fast. But first, I need to deliver newsletters.

Correction: 12 days at sea in a row.

And I just learned the Air Canada booking system is down until some time tomorrow (undetermined) so I can't book the flights home.

Return to “Post When You Can”