Monday PWYC/Countdown to T-sgiving Wk

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Monday PWYC/Countdown to T-sgiving Wk

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:36 am

Today we start the countdown to next week and Thanksgiving week and kicking off the holidays. Although our Canadian Shes have already celebrated Thanksgiving, the holiday season begins for all.

What are you doing this week to ease into the holidays and be ready? And then there's New Years right after. I feel things closing in on us!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: Monday PWYC/Countdown to T-sgiving Wk

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:55 am

:shock: really already - no lol I know but I am not ready :D

I had dd older bring up the boxes for Christmas and put them in the 3 season room.

have a wonderful day d twins and dear all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:37 pm

NO! Thanksgiving is NOT upon us already is it? That means getting ready for Christmas is just peeking around the corner. :o

I've spent the last hour trying to pay the rest of my cardiac rehab bill. Can't seem to get into my patient portal for Rochester Regional. Finally just paid it as a 'guest'. Got the bill the other day which was for $90 and when I went online found it's really $120 -so at least it's paid now. (and the $120 is what I thought the final cost should be).

Then dh wanted me to find a phone # in another town nearby for the hearing center he used to go to here. I guess it was sold to someone else. Just hoping he finds something soon as we're running out of time for 2019. And we really don't want to try to work with a new health insurance after the new year. Our broker says we'd probably do better to go with the insurance we have right now, but that doesn't leave us much time.

Not sure what I want to do today. Keep thinking of things to add to my l&&t of things to do on the computer. Have a list of passwords, etc that really needs updating and redoing!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:53 pm

My personal countdown is to Saturday/getaway day, or perhaps more accurately Friday night - we are leaving soooo early Saturday a.m. and will have a probably exhausting first day in NYC on Saturday.

I emailed doc this a.m. to check in - we have the concierge doc who will personally email back - ask if he felt I needed to come in. I am much better, although my throat is pretty sore late in the day and I'm still waking with crusty eyes. I don't have the nasal drainage I had a few days ago, tho, and physically I feel better. I am going to try for a little extra sleep this week to heal and counter going away.

This has been sitting forever. I have a list going of what I need to do this week, but need to get moving on it.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:44 pm

I am ok just checking in.
Did a bit of sweeping.
Have the next coat on projects I had underway previohsly.
Slept in till 6:45.
Left overs are my meal plan.
I have broth to freeze up.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:16 pm

I just sat down to put my feet up & take the first break of the day.

My day started before 6am and has mostly proceeded smoothly. After taking DGD8 to school, then DS11 and I started homeschool lessons. Four hours later, we are just about to finish up. He is working on the last 3 assignments.

I have finished 38 SHE cards today so I'm making good progress on them.

I'm watching my blood sugar waiting for it to come down into normal range so I can eat. It's a learning process.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:45 pm

Got a much awaited call from my nurse at cardiac rehab! We became quick friends & it was so good to hear from her. Actually DS-A has her son on the hockey team he coaches. (DGS-7 is also on this team). Have been doing a spreadsheet of the exercises I'm doing & it includes my weight/BP/BS & minutes I've done on each round. I'm up to doing 63/minutes a day right now. She was elated. I've missed two days out of 10 I think. (Actually checked it was two days out of 12). I'll wait for another 10 before I send it to her. She did ask me about my heart rate and I haven't been tracking that but pretty much know what it is. And since her diligence most likely saved my life, I really should be recording that. (She's the one who kept noticing my heart rate was low even when exercising & wanted to send the #'s over to my Dr. By wearing a monitor they realized the rate was down to 30 even during my waking hours. They took me off M etropolol which I'd been on for BP for probably 20+ years. Now they've told me I can't be on a Beta Blocker). So I've made rows for that on my spread sheet.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:36 pm

Afternoon...

So much has gone on with me I'll probably end up writing a book.
First, made my first weight goal and have lost 13lbs and 20 inches during the last 6 weeks. I already set my eye on another one and hope to make it by next Tuesday before I leave on my trip on Wednesday. More important goal is to stay steady while I'm gone whatever I end up weighing. I have another 15 lbs to go to hit my biggest goal by Christmas.

I talked Sweetie into parking the car and using a shuttle to get to the airport...its less than a 10 minute drive. I was too afraid to count on Uber as I'm sure that day will be a mad house including the freeways we have to travel. Sweetie was smart and made a reservation at the garage for next Wednesday insuring we have a space to park. He figured the lot would be as busy as the airport, which I'm sure with be a zoo. We've added plenty of wiggle room getting our luggage checked and working our way through the security line. I'm already TSA approved and we hope Sweetie will be by the we have to travel.

I sent a text to my DIL sharing my turkey trick for Thanksgiving hoping it will help her so she doesn't have to stress out too much. For the past 3 years or so I've been buying Jennie-O frozen turkey breasts. You take them directly from the freezer, still frozen, open the bag and place the breast, which is sealed in it own bag either in a slow cooker or the oven and you're done. I've never done the oven because the results from the slow cooker produces the best tasting turkey I've ever made. Its moist and juice and so delicious. I've shared it with several of my friends and now its the only way they cook theirs. Depending on the size, the breast will feed 6-8 people.

My only stress for T-day is getting there LOL

I've been in contact with one of my new to me cousins that I met through 23 and me. She, her mom and sister live here in Mesa. I've done a lot of work on her tree trying to discover how and where we connect as the site says we share great-great great grandparents. The problem is she has little information concerning her bio dad. I was able to find his family and in doing so discovered two pictures of her paternal grandparents which she had never seen plus two picture of her mom's mon, one of which she is holding her mom as a baby. Turns out her dad had/has 6 siblings and her grandfather had 6 siblings as well so she's ended up with a slew of relatives that she had no idea existed. She is over the moon with all this information.

We've, along with her sister and mom, made arrangements to meet and have lunch together this Thursday. I haven't found the connection yet, but am zeroing in on my mom's mom side of the family as her family is from PA and so is my mother's.

I have all but two Christmas presents bought...don't hate me., and the other two I am waiting for cyber Monday to purchase. Bought my granddaughter's last present today..Since she has four sets of grandparents I've only bought a Christmas pair of PJ's and a dress, which she can where for Valentines Day as well, plus to educational toys, one of which is the plastic rings of various sizes that you stack on a stick, and another which has bells and noise making stuff to play with when certain buttons are pushed. Oh, forgot, and a baby first Christmas ornament which is Minnie Mouse swing on a half moon. Bought my kids an ornament that sasy 2019 Mommy and Daddy First Christmas.

So I am almost DONE!!! I do need to pick up a pair or two of Christmas socks for my mon and order a box of oranges which is her favorite gift of all.

Told y'all I was gonna write a book...now its off to my gazelle and call my mom. She had company yesterday so I told her I would call this afternoon, Waving to ya'll...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:40 pm

Making progress --
* 2 loads of laundry in stages of completion
* called H ome D epot to get installer to come do window blinds (I know 99% of y'all would do this yourself, but we did the first ones, and we have never been satisfied with our efforts! DH said "CALL THE MAN!"
* called dh's doctor, had to leave a msg -- they think he did not have his blood work done -- he did -- trying to get this straightened out
* went to post office, all dgd's bday gifts are in now

Talking ddil home from work ;) She has had a good day & is now running for secretary of their student nurses' association.
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:43 pm

I'm trying to book flights. The travel agent doesn't have access to less expensive one-way flights (it costs 80% of a return flight to buy one-way in most cases.) I just feel that I can't face an overnight flight in economy. It takes about 10 minutes for me to be able to walk after the 90 minute drive up the Valley. And my car has more leg room than an economy airplane seat. On the other hand, business class seats cost slightly more than the 25 day cruise costs.

Spending money is very hard for me. This cruise was good value which is why I picked it. It never occurred to me that the cruiseline wouldn't off flights.

I'm near tears.

Return to “Post When You Can”