Monday PWYC/Countdown to T-sgiving Wk

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Monday PWYC/Countdown to T-sgiving Wk

Postby CathyS » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:56 pm

Hi!

I just put the chicken in the oven. I also started the potatoes and cabbage in a frying pan. They are leftover from last night. I'm worried that the chicken won't be cooked by 5. The instructions said 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350 F. I hope so.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:03 pm

I'm slowly progressing on my remaining SHE cards.

DH has been busy today fixing things around the house. He replaced fuel pump on welder as well as fuel lines. He is now replacing an electrical outlet in DS11 bedroom. I have no idea how DS11 managed to break the outlet. DS11 struggled to sleep last night because his anxiety was maxed out with being in the same room with a broken outlet. He woke me around 11pm to ask if the broken outlet would electrocute him while he was sleeping.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:05 pm

Kathryn, I'm kind of with you today. I'm having a major anxiety attack about my case study and NY research. My friend E had suggested that I talk to a friend of hers for leads on possible collections to research and I got a reply from her about how I was required to do it myself (I am) and if if this research is outside my comfort zone perhaps I should choose another case study. It wasn't that snitty but that's how I took it, feeling kind of crappy today anyway. I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow.

I'm thinking I'm sliding toward depression myself, in spite of the antidepressants I take. I took out my light this afternoon and used it, and sat in the sunshine outside for awhile too. Also walked three laps (including walking the dog) and walked the back yards (ours and next door) picking up dog poop.

I did find a very useful book online.

We're going to see Harriet tonight. It was to be me and M, then her dh wanted to go and my dh wanted to go also. So we're getting a quick supper at Panera before seeing the movie. Thankfully, it's at 6:15, a good time for old people.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:06 pm

Hi everyone. I am so discouraged. My query works in SQL Developer and I have made it very efficient so no more slow. However, the Oracle driver used by SSRS does not accept my unions or cross joins. Apparently it does not know how much memory to allocate. Also, the heater in my car has become intermittent and I have not finished paying off my last repair.

No DD17 this past weekend, so I got some long pending stuff done. The lazy susan in the kitchen cabinet is no longer a pain in the tailbone. I had fantasies of fixing the master bedroom closet door, which has been a total pain since I moved in. When I took it completely down, I saw all the kludge fixes put in by the people before me and now I know I need new closet doors for Christmas. (I always get a from me to me present). At least I don't have to lift the door up to move it anymore. I finally got a haircut from a new place with a coupon, but I don't like it as well as the ones I have been getting. Had lunch with a friend Sunday.

Where did Harmony find a digital timer? I have been looking for two weeks and cannot find one. When I asked an employee where they were, he said people use their phones now. Not me. I don't need a broken phone because kitchen splatters got on it. Also, if I use it in the kitchen, there is a strong possibility it won't find its way back to my purse and be lost until I can get DD to call it. Of course, by that time, it may be out of battery. My phone is either on the charger next to my purse or in my purse. FlyLady still has timers.

I got another cat lecture when I called my parents. Mom insists I keep the cats off the furniture. I told her it would not matter, the furniture was damaged decades ago. She kept saying she would not want a cat that got on furniture. Next conversation, I will tell her it doesn't matter what she wants, she is well outside our operational radius! Now, she wants me to set up a webcam and monitor it at work and yell at them when they misbehave. Yeah, like my employer wants to pay me to watch cats. Having enough cameras to monitor every piece of furniture would be cost prohibitive. AND how long would it take a cat to realize that there may be a noise saying NO from a speaker, but nothing else will happen. I'm surprised that she didn't tell me I need to CLOSE THOSE CLOSET DOORS like she usually does. Maybe the fact that I mentioned they were irreparable and I had to take them down prevented that. However, the past more than a YEARS worth of being broken didn't stop that. She always has to find something to pester me about (50 year hair battle anyone?). Sometimes I wonder if I stayed with my x so long because I am just used to criticism.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:26 pm

Elizabeth, you just gotta laugh at your Mom's nutty suggestions. My goodness! You should get her a stuffed cat for Christmas. :twisted: I got my little digital timer at Wal Mart. In the kitchen dept. They have the round "clock" ones, but my last one broke. They had a cute little no-frills digital one for 99¢ except it wasn't magnetic for the refrigerator...and that was the only request DH had. So I got the digital one a bit smaller than a credit card with a clip and a magnet on the back for $5.99. No, we DON'T all use our phones for timers. I don't think my phone would do that. And if I set the timer on my stove, all I see is the time expiring, not the temperature any more. I'm sorry about your car heater.

Yes, I see that blasted holiday coming and it's getting here faster and faster every day. I bought another cmas gift off the tv the other day. I hope it looks as good as it did there. If it does, 1 more person is done. I got 2 Thanksgiving cards out in the mail today. I'm sure trying to get all this done.

Today's extra chores: I bleached then scrubbed the entryway arbor. Stuff was stuck all over it, harder than usual to clean. I blame the tree frogs who leave their little tiny spots of calling cards all over everything. We're supposed to love wildlife...but sometimes....I don't. It's white and shiny now.

2nd job: I scrubbed the Pa. blue stone around the fireplace opening. Used a brush to scrub and rinse then I wiped to dry a bit. It smells like wet stone in there now. I have a candle going for it to smell better.

RRose, do you put the turkey in your slow cooker still in the cooking bag? I've never seen a turkey breast come with a cooking bag. Does it make enough of a juice to make a gravy? How long does it take to do a frozen TB that way? I'd like to try it someday.

(Twins) I sure hope the dr. gives you something to feel better. That's probably what's making you feel off.

Kathryn, where are you going on the cruise?

Dinner's next.
Last edited by Harmony on Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:54 pm

LM story of my life waiting for my bs to go down so I can eat. I did 30 on the stat bike.
It is foggy here today.
I painted legs on a small table and had lunch.
Baked a loaf of bread.
Waiting for more paint touch up to dry.
I am thinking of flowers I can paint on the wood items I am currently doing.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:15 pm

In case I forget between now and then... dh is requesting pea soup and "my" grilled cheese. He says mine is cooked better than his. He says mine is cooked "low and slow" meaning I don't cook it on a high temperature and burn it like he does.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:53 pm

~~~~waving Hi to Kally!~~~~~

I've been thinking of Lilac and wondering how she is doing.

We had Build-a-mountain for supper. Some might call it loaded nachos. I put the ingredients out and everyone adds what they like and built the layers as tall as they wanted. Tortilla Chips, red beans, chili, cheese dip, shredded cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, onions, jalapeno peppers, black olives, sour cream. I decided to have a bowl of red beans and nibbled on a couple of chips.

A neighbor posted that she would pay minimum wage for someone to rake her leaves. DS11 has decided he is going into leaf raking business. Unfortunately, the people he planned to ask to employ him weren't home tonight.
1. Know what you want.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:57 pm

Harmony...
when you take the frozen turkey out of the bag it comes it, the turkey itself is wrapped in a saran type bag. You don do anything except put three slits in the bag and then place it in the slow cooker. As to juice for gravy, I think so, but I don't do gravy so I really haven't paid any attention to it. Within the freezer bag there is a small seperate bag who's contents are suppose to be used to make gravy. I made it once following the directions and it was horrible. some of my other friends have had the same experience.

I bought mine at Wally World, but my other grocery stores carry them as well. It takes 5 hours to cook a turkey in the slow cooker and then it suggest you wait 30 minutes, I think, to eat it. I remember the first time I made one I scheduled everything to be done at the same time, and then had to wait on the turkey to serve it.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:38 pm

We have had 2 Thanksgiving meals so far this year. We have another one this week and a big one next week. DMom told me yesterday that she would like for me to get the entire family (multiple siblings & 5 generations) together for Thanksgiving meal. I told DMom that it was almost impossible to make happen on such short notice. Most everyone has plans already. I think DMom was just reminiscing when we used to all get together for Thanksgiving. That was when we had fewer family members and only 3 generations that were adults. Adding in that 4th generation of adults with their own family makes a huge difference in the complexity of getting everyone together for a meal.

I continue to make slow & steady progress on my overdue SHE cards. I think I will be able to end the day with only 4 SHE cards left undone. I have completed 66 cards today.
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”