Today is Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Today is Tuesday PWYC

Postby Nancy » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:20 pm

Back from the thrift shop I forgot last week. Got a flat square wood plate maple wood I think, a cutting board large enough to cover one sink in the kitchen.
I found a ◇ shaped bowl sort of enlongated an ebony color.

I bagged up 6 bags of leaves. About that many more to do but it i s raining out noiw so I am not sure I will get them done today or not.

Today's activities ellevated my mood.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:57 pm

Not up to doing much today, so I thought ok I'll shop online and get some stuff done. I can't tell you how many things I looked at, clicked on men and up comes the women's stuff. And stuff I wanted to order and could find NO size chart to pick anywhere. Found the same exact things different places with different size information. This sure isn't saving me any time and certainly no money. I think shopping online is expensive. Discounts offered all come up at the beginning and make the screen dark otherwise... if I look around first the discount is not offered. I'm not going to give everybody my email when I'm just looking at things. My email box would be just awful.

Sigh...

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:28 pm

Harmony: sometimes online shopping is cheaper, but not often. More importantly, it isn't necessarily faster since I spend so much time looking at all the options and get bogged down reading reviews. On the other hand, for some items, it is the only way to get something. For instance my notebooks for my bullet journal. A few stores carry black, some carry red and blue as well. But green and purple were only available from an obscure website. Even the manufacturer doesn't mention purple being an option.

Other times, dh will think of something he needs and then look online. We'd spend ages trying to find little gadgets around time. So then it is another time saver.

But I never use if for clothing or other items I want to handle before buying (like pots and pans where you can feel the weight.)

Dh and I had a long walk. We were out almost 2 hours but all the errands are done and he has his flu shot now.

I have a killer headache so we're having an easy dinner.

I got home to a phone call from the church. They were really worried about the no Christmas carrols in Advent. So I've assured someone else.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:45 pm

I got out to cleaners and drugstore, then walked dog two laps. I needed the second lap because I didn't have a poop bag to pick up after her the first round. I'm almost at 10K steps for the day. I'm hoping the afternoon exposure to the sun and the steps are good for me. I know I'm getting better, I'm concerned about how long it's gonna take, and with us traveling on Sat I want to feel well if at all possible.

I need to do planning for tomorrow - see what's on my list to get to in the next three days...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:52 pm

For the first time in ???forever??? I am caught up on SHE cards! There are 2 cards waiting for action but it can't happen today so I'm not considering them.

Now that I have managed to get up-to-date on the SHE cards I will allow myself to add more. There are many maintenance tasks not being done. I have basically been ignoring them because I couldn't stay up with what I was already trying to do. I have only been focusing on the most important part that couldn't be ignored, now I will slowly assign tracking to more SHE card tasks. I need to put myself first when considering what items to add.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:14 pm

I got 8 of 15 tasks done plus the 4 errands.

The car tire remains undone. Dh is taking the car out tomorrow so I reminded him he needs more time to inflate before leaving.

The important, undone, task is the bulletin information for the church secretary. That is highest priority in the morning.

I washed up the dishes having boiled the water for the dishwasher and rinsing in cold.

I'm off to bed now. I hope I can get to sleep quickly. I have a bowl and a thermos of water in my bathroom for washing my face. Tomorrow my hair needs washing and I'm not sure how I'll do that. I just know it will be after I do the bulletin for the church secretary!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:17 am

I am not current with my she cards.
Getting some thigs done outside before the cold snap next week here ius a priority.
Dishes are going.
Thurs. Is laundry day.
I need to wash my hair too.
Got my Wed. Planning done.
Looked in holiday tote no Christmas cards in it, or holiday mugs so I
Will keep my eye out for a green one. Foundy festive leggings and a
Denium shirt with holiday appliques on it that I forgot all about. Made me smile.
I need to look in my dresser for other tops.

Return to “Post When You Can”