Today is Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Today is Tuesday PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:05 am

No imaginative.

I've possibly used up my imagination quota for the day!

blessedw2

Re: Today is Tuesday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:08 am

:D d kathryn! I was thinking the same thing this morning!

wishing you a great day! what a joy it is to have time with you!

wishing everyone a great day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:29 am

Yep! You're right! Tuesday it is. :D

Just finished breakfast and am about to launch the day's exercises. I'm really motivated (again) & hoping that lasts a long time.

Dh is doing the dishes from last night then he's going to get his hair cut. I have an appointment tomorrow morning for mine -finally!

Slept well last night -nice after a couple nights NOT sleeping.

DD sent me a text this morning that our favorite player for the Orlando Solar Bears has been re-signed. We've gotten to know him personally & dd texts with him off and on. He's the kind of guy you'd want your daughter to marry for sure! He's from Saskatchewan and is engaged. Long way from home.

Off I go to exercise for the next hour or so -actually ends up being about an hour & a half with BP before & after, warm ups and cool downs. I make sure I do it all. Have to wait for 10 minutes after exercise before doing the BP.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:36 am

Great to "see" you guys! And thanks for starting us out Kathryn.

I had an enjoyable evening - quick supper at Panera and move "Harriet" with dh, M and her dh. Home about 9 p.m. and exhausted. Seeing doc this morning at 11.

Need to s2s and get through a.m. routine and figure out the rest of the day.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:38 am

Another slow moving morning. Something needs to change here. Tomorrow I won't have hot water, for 36 hours, starting at this time, so I will definitely need to be moving earlier tomorrow.

I'm up, updated a 12 year old Advent liturgy for the church I'll be at this year. They are an Advent=Christmas sort of church so were worried when I said no Christmas Hymns in Advent. The musician was the one delegated to bring this up with me and I was able to assure her that as a Lay worship leader, I've got to do what the church wants, I can't impose my theology on them too much. I do insist on moving one of their hymns because otherwise they have 2 hymns and doxology in the first 10 minutes of the service and then nothing until the closing hymn. That's too long for me to sit without a break! So I've moved the second hymn to before the sermon.

As a compromise, I'm using an Advent focused liturgy I wrote based on Isaiah for the candle lighting. MF is an "Advent is for deep reflection" zealot (that's where I learned to see Advent as the separate season it is) so he kept editing me when I wrote the last one until all sense of Christmas or the Hope/Peace/Joy/Love Advent pap (as he calls it) was removed. So for this church, I slipped some of the H/P/J/L stuff back in with the Isaiah, so they can see that its origins were in the Isaiah readings.

That's finished and printed off one copy (I haven't looked at it yet.)

Then ds sent me some mock-ups for dgd's ornament. That got my creative juices flowing so I've sent back some ideas to him. That took about an hour but puts the ball back in his court and he's sleeping so I won't hear back until through the night tonight.

Dh and I are really proud of how he's setting up side-gigs for himself so he has a job he loves to work on. He likes his co-workers at the hospital very much but doing new human government registrations is a job that doesn't allow for any creativity at all! If he makes a mistake, it would be awful for the family and make them have to dig their way through government departments. So he takes his job very seriously. As well, any mistakes he makes when registering any patient into the hospital will cost the hospital in funding so he's very careful with that as well.

He's always had a creative eye but lacked the ability to make what he saw in his head appear on a page. In school it was terribly frustrating for him. Now with computers, he can use drawing programs, fonts created by people who can freehand draw, and computerized laser wood burners and cutters to produce what he sees in his mind. He's even started etching glass using a laser cutter and the nurses at work all want to buy personalized things as gifts for their families (one had him etch a hockey sweater with her son's number, plus the team name onto a glass as a gift for him.)

OK, if I rush I can be dressed by 10. I have 14 to-do items (some quick, some, like the houseblessing, long) and 4 errands to do on foot, another hour required for that. The sun is shining and it is almost 32, so it will be a good day to try and work the items frozen in a planter out of the dirt. Make that 15 to-do items.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:02 am

Hi!

Supper will be pea soup (for dh) and grilled cheese, NOT burnt! :lol:

It's overcast here.

I had a bit of a nightmare just before I woke up. I was on a cruise ship and couldn't find my cabin. There were numerous little ramps and people everywhere. I turned a corner and there was a variety store. The room numbers had 5 digits. There were dead ends everywhere. I turned another corner and my x was sitting beside a jukebox. He tried to help me find my cabin. Then I realized that I hadn't brought my phone charger, so I had to turn off my phone. It was just beyond weird. No idea why I was dreaming about a cruise.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:19 am

Morning from the desert...

Cathy I had weird dreams like that too sometimes.

Busy day for me.

Sweeties sister is home from the hospital and I offered to make chicken soup so we can share a meal together tomorrow. Will make the base and then add chicken today. Will also make noodles but won’t add them until tomorrow... don’t want to let them get to soggy. I’m also going to make banana nut bread to take with us. Will stop at the grocery store on the way there and buy some Hawaiian rolls to go with it. His sister has stomach issues so thought this would be easy to digest. Not adding spices either to the soup.

I’m starting to focus on my trip next week. Have several gifts to wrap so I’ll do that and might as well wrap the Cmas gifts while I’m at it.

Morning routines are done and I’m already dressed. No footprints to worry abt, that was done last night. Dinner is beef stew already made and frozen in the freezer. We’re suppose to get nasty weather sometime today with temps dropping 25*. Bring it on!!! I can’t wait :D

Off to start my day...Perry’s on and I need my second cup of coffee!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:49 am

It's break time for me. I've been going strong for 3+ hours and I'm ready to stop and update SHE cards. I feel like I'm putting the cart before the horse with just doing things and not knowing what the plan is.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:59 am

I'm dressed. There was no hot water this morning so it was a brief sponge bath. Dh had it worse since he was in the shower. No indication as to why, the signs haven't been changed, we were to have hot water until tomorrow at 9.

There is still hot water in the kitchen so I'm washing up dishes as we use them. And I will prioritize my kitchen chores (which need hot water) over my vacuuming (which doesn't.)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:38 pm

Oops, rabbit hole. I've crossed off adding our travel docs to our cruise booking. Then I fell down the hole....

Here's an article with photos of my ship at the moment. Not seaworthy but impressive!

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/4620/

And Cathy, my posts are why you dreamed you were on a ship last night.

Return to “Post When You Can”