Thursday Ta Dah PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Thursday Ta Dah PWYC

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:57 pm

I have s2s done.
Trimmed my bangs.
Need attitude reset.
It is foggy outside.
Had breakfast.
Found my holiday sweaters, one top is nowhere to be found.

It is really foggy outside at the momentt.
36* - 44* Toiday's temps.

Good luck with your day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:01 pm

Breaking.

The coat waxing is taking longer than expected, and it really should be done on a hot day or in a very warm room to soften up the wax. I've decided to only do some sections right now. If I have more time, and I feel like it makes a difference, I'll work on it some more later today or tomorrow.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:21 pm

Hello and good afternoon everyone.

Morning routines are done and we've had lunch. I am sipping a cup of peppermint tea before I start my afternoon. The weather here has been cold at night, but the last couple of days has been in the high 40s, low 50s; I was able to walk the dog with just my sweatshirt jacket on.

It is interesting to see everyone's lists today. My items are not as many as some of you...
*** desk work: make copies of several papers --- car registration, vehicle inspection certificate, dh's meds list update. These are things I keep in my purse as well as the car. Bills for the end of the month were paid yesterday.
*** return insurance company call re: car insurance.
*** file papers from desk work.
*** doggie yard patrol.

We are expecting FedEx to deliver one of dh's RX today, so must stay home. Dh has an eye doctor appointment tomorrow, so we'll be out for a couple of hours. This is a local doctor, so we may stop at Target on the way home.

Lady M and dh, enjoy your afternoon.

Twins's Mom hope these are passing symptoms and you are feeling better now.

Dee, how nice for dh to find his dfriend.

Lynlee has been on my mind lately. I've heard about the fires and hope she is okay!

Tea is gone; next up is DPC call to insurance company.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:54 pm

Think I maybe am joining you, Twins. Been having bouts of light headiness/dizziness ever since completing my exercises. That at least is a ta-da. :? I put away the dishes in the drainer & put others to soak. Right now I'm eating lunch. Hoping that & drinking water will dispel these symptoms. Certainly not doing very many tasks I had written down for today. I need to put on my life alert button -had to charge it & with noone home & my present feeling, guess I need it JIC.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:14 pm

Hi everyone! I have sent some missing report outputs to the person who requested them. They needed every Friday since July. It has been snowing since mid-morning, bleah. Thank goodness it's payday! I will do B&B either tonight or tomorrow. I want to order some Christmas stuff, but the beginning of the month is always short due to the schedule of my bills. I want to get my car repairs paid off ASAP, that has been pending way too long. I'm drinking less sweet tea for the 2nd day in a row. I was worried about that causing migraines, but the only effect is that I am hungrier than usual.

Last night, not much got done, but at least I have cat litter and what I promised to bring for our work "Thanksgiving" party. Frito pies, YUCK! I got a lot cleared off my bed, but not all. I had to separate Ozzy and Remi because he was pestering her and being a brat. He spent 15 minutes alone in the guest bath and came out better behaved.

The two most senior cats in the animal org have been adopted. They were 17 and 14, a bonded pair, and needed to go together. They did. There are 5 more cat adoptions pending, which is good since one of our fosters has been transferred to another state. She only had two fosters, so it is not too bad.

DD17 will be coming tonight, probably doing homework. I have made a list of my own "homework" to do.

Time for lunch, I'm ravenous.

ETA: I'm out of here. Governor just closed our office due to icy conditions coming soon.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:41 pm

Harmony, my lists are usually not as ambitious, it's that we're going away on Sat and I always start wanting to tie up loose ends before I go. My tummy continues to feel off, but not as badly as earlier. I laid down about an hour and perhaps that helped. My jacket looks better.

Today to dos:
-get pansies into planters. This shouldn't be a big job, maybe 45 min max. At the same time (and within the time budget) the pumpkins and winter squashes go over over hillside along with the dead summer plants. (Must do today in good weather)
-send contact info for ds to my dcousin J, who is inviting him for Thanksgiving: 5 min
-change light bulb in the laundry room: 10 min maybe if I have troubles. This is a major annoyance as it's pitch black in there w/0 windows. Need dh to try this. I can't get the bulb to seat, although it seems as though it should be the correct bulb
-call dentist to pay bill: 5 min. Will submit it for FSA approval and reimb after trip
-check what I've downloaded and update materials for Certification disc group: 30 min max. They will close this website again soon when all sessions are completed so I need to be sure I get everything
-clean and wax Barbour jacket: 30 min? It needs periodic waxing to keep it's windbreaking and rain repellent features
-put away fall pillows and what's left of fall decorating: 45 min. I have to get down bins in garage and may need to purge and shift stuff around

-get in steps: 1 hr
-optional - genealogy bible transcription: should take no more than an hour to finish

I think that takes care of most, except for the pansies out front, my steps (I'm at 5K so far) and the bible transcription. I need to do the outside work next, I think. We have rain tomorrow.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:45 pm

Overheating? Check
Guts churning? Check

Seems like maybe there are 3 of us coming down with something similar.

It feels like all the muscles around my ribs hurt but mostly across the back. Hard to take a deep breath.

Called OBGYN office. They can't call local Cancer hospital until it has been 14 days after they sent the fax for the consult. Receptionist assures me that she will call them tomorrow after 12:01.

Oil has been delivered, accountant has dropped off paperwork, and I have made returns to 2 different suppliers and I have gone to the bank and everything is done that I needed to do there.

Garbage and recycling have been dealt with and I had a small fire outside in the barrel.

Okay, I can go to bed now.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:13 pm

Did y'all read my post a few days ago that the pharmacist told me they are predicting a particularly bad flu season this year? Everybody get better!

We worked on our floors. Both of us doing it, wetting floor, scrubbing the grout with the solution, vacuuming it up with shop vac and rinsing (as per instructions). A couple places we did twice. I did some scrubbing, DH did some. He bought us a grout brush on a long handle. Long skinny brush. We did 2 hallways, the kitchen and 2 bathrooms. Most of it looks way better. We need to do some grouting and some sealing, just a couple places.

I put the numbers on the front of the mailbox.

LOL hanging up. 1 LOL folded. Washed throw rugs but it unbalanced the machine badly so I took 2 bigger ones outside to hose and lay out in the sun. I hate this washing machine.

6 1/2 days till Thanksgiving. :shock:

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:29 pm

I am back from store run.
Bs is elevated no lunch for me. :(
Got the rig unloaded.

Fabric is prewashed.
Food is put away.
Laundry is going in both washer & dryer one load if folded & put away.
I walked the ddog it helped my mood.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:37 pm

Did y'all read my post a few days ago that the pharmacist told me they are predicting a particularly bad flu season this year? Everybody get better!
I, for one, remember very well what your pharmacist said, Harmony. I texted DS-A the other day urging him to get his flu shot. Last year he was deathly ill with it as he tested positive for both that and strep at the same time. Already up home there's been several confirmed cases and the death of a 4-year old. Know it's nothing to mess with. I'm about to text him again. As I'm pretty sure he's been too 'busy' to get it done. I even listed the pharmacies where he could stop and get it free. I will repeat what you said in my text. Sad for those who are too busy UNTIL it hits. For sure they're not 'busy' then.

Am feeling better. Did the dishes and really cleaned the kitchen. First day I've been here that I really felt I could. I made sure I drank and between that and eating I think I feel better.

TA-DA! -sent a long text to DS-A, urging him to get that flu shot, Harmony. Feels good to have done that. I pretty much told him I'll just keep nagging until he lets me know he's gotten it. :( :D
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”