Thursday Ta Dah PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Thursday Ta Dah PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:04 pm

I don't know that dd has had her flu shot and she is with children a lot. I won't mother her about it this year. I don't know what's going on with getting her to ATL for her flights on Sunday and then getting home from ATL on 3 Dec. She hadn't made a reservation for the shuttle to get there on Sunday yet, and she wanted me to pick her up there 3 Dec. I told her I'd pay for the shuttle home so I don't have to pick her up 3 Dec. I'm worried the shuttle is sold on on this Sunday but she has to deal with it.

I got pansies into planter and walked a lap with M - she was going around so I grabbed my coat and the dog. I'm at 7400 steps, 1600 to goal and I'll do it upstairs on treadmill if needed.

Today to dos:
-get pansies into planters. This shouldn't be a big job, maybe 45 min max. At the same time (and within the time budget) the pumpkins and winter squashes go over over hillside along with the dead summer plants. (Must do today in good weather)
-send contact info for ds to my dcousin J, who is inviting him for Thanksgiving: 5 min

-change light bulb in the laundry room: 10 min maybe if I have troubles. This is a major annoyance as it's pitch black in there w/0 windows. Need dh to try this. I can't get the bulb to seat, although it seems as though it should be the correct bulb
-call dentist to pay bill: 5 min. Will submit it for FSA approval and reimb after trip
-check what I've downloaded and update materials for Certification disc group: 30 min max. They will close this website again soon when all sessions are completed so I need to be sure I get everything
-clean and wax Barbour jacket: 30 min? It needs periodic waxing to keep it's windbreaking and rain repellent features
-put away fall pillows and what's left of fall decorating: 45 min. I have to get down bins in garage and may need to purge and shift stuff around

-get in steps: 1 hr
-optional - genealogy bible transcription: should take no more than an hour to finish

On to the genealogy bible transcription. Tummy is not bad. I feel like a hypochondriac. It's been two weeks with this cold and my throat still hurts and now it's my tummy etc.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:14 pm

Twins, not a hypochondriac. You are fighting some sort of bug.

Putting stuff away and tidying up from our work today.

Helped DH fix another 2 kitchen chairs. The rungs keep popping out of their holes and he reglues them and I hold them tight while he puts clamps on them. Couple days ago he did another chair. We hardly sit in these chairs, you'd think they'd be in better shape. He sits in the one at the head of the table every morning, so I understand that one.

Redid the chair cushion on his chair. He's the only one who has the padding. Washed the cushion and I cut new padding for inside. I had some leftover upholstery padding and that worked out nicely.

Boy I am bushed.
Last edited by Harmony on Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:18 pm

We have all had our flu shots except ds... who is a strange hold-out for some reason, and refuses to take the shot. :roll: :cry: It frustrates ddil to no end, but what you gonna do with a 36 year old man? I guess if he ever catches a real case of it, he'll learn. It just took one episode to make his daddy a believer; that's for sure!

So -- I'm posting without cuop, but I do have some ta-das! I've done my 5x5 already!
* post office
* beauty shop, to pick up "wet-brush" for dgd's bday present (it's supposed to make it easier to de-tangle wet hair.)
* bank (twice, actually, didn't get right denominations for dgd's bday card)
* Wmart (to get sunglasses repaired, & get wrapping paper, and toilet brushes for ds/ddil; they said they couldn't find them at H ome D epot. They were on "my list" for things they need -- I think a toilet brush in every bathroom is a necessity, especially after cleaning a bit for them yesterday. :roll: )
* wrapped dgd's presents
* back to town to meet girl who did a screen-print t-shirt for ddil and pick that up for her
* paid credit card bill, back to post office to drop that off
* DPC with arthritis cream people who have been having "delayed shipments" for the last three months (but not delayed billing, I might add)
* nice phone calls with dmom and daunt
* stopped by library to treat myself, for no apparent reason ;)

Wow. That's 10x4, right?
We're going to C huckie Cheese tonight for dgd's bday, and dh and I have to stop by H ome D epot to pick out those window shades... and I have to pack for tomorrow.

:D Also -- a JOY!!! DGD's arthritis has been in remission for 18 months and she gets to drop one of her shots. So now instead of 6 shots every month, she only has 2 -- one H umera shot, every other week! We are all so thrilled. I wish she didn't have to take H umera, but it is sooo wonderful to know she's doing so well!

Hope LadyM & LordM have a wonderful date!
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:57 pm

Thinking about Lady and LordM on their date night!

I'm done again and very pleasantly surprised with my progress today. I've gotten a jump on p.m. routine and walked ddog again, which took me to just over 9K steps. I was active enough moving around that I didn't need extra laps.

This has been a day to celebrate those ta-dahs!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:42 pm

Checking back in:

1. vacuuming (everything but the office because dh is on calls.) <done, including office>
2. sermon and prayers for this week (re-write so this is doable.)
3. update quicken so the chits can get off my desk.
4. pay bills (I deposited cheques on Tuesday so have the money to do so - woot!)
5. playing with grandkids at dd's so she can start work on Christmas party prep (10 days away, glad to see she is now planning ahead.) This is not really a chore but it takes 3 hours out of my day so needs to be on the list. <done>
6. Costco run (just a couple of things and I drive by a Costco when going to/from dd's.) <done>
7. Phone tire shop.Dh is out with the car 2x today. Neither is to get the tire repaired so I'll put that on my list and see if I can book a time tomorrow for them to look at it. <done>

I forgot to put Cantata practice on my list, but I'm home from that. I also wrote my secret pen pal letter before dinner and dropped it in the box this evening before practice. There was a letter waiting for me but I haven't read it yet. And on the elevator as I headed to dd's, I learned the very pregnant young couple had their baby yesterday. I ran into her twin sister (which explained my confusion when she got on the elevator with a baby but it was a 3 month old!) So I wrote a letter of congratulations to them and dropped it off on my way to choir.

Return to “Post When You Can”