Focused Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Focused Friday PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:11 pm

Spent the rest of the evening doing something not on my immediate to-do list.

I cannot install the Quicken I have onto my new computer (I don't have the original install files so can't even try to install it.)

I don't want to upgrade to the new version because of cost and it will trap my data.

So I've been dreading moving to another program. Near as I can tell, there is only one option. Tonight I downloaded the trial and moved my data over. It took 3 tries (date issues) and there will be about 1000 entries I need to make. Which is an overwhelming thought and even when I'm done, I'm not sure things will be accurate.

I need to make a decision about how much to move over. I've been on Quicken since 1995 so that's 25 years of some data. At the very least, I have to clean up this data base because when I moved stuff over, a dozen long-closed accounts came too.

But this is the most hopeful I've been about the Quicken situation since getting my new computer up and running.

Return to “Post When You Can”