Focused Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Focused Friday PWYC

Postby lucylee » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:43 pm

Haven’t been posting a lot, but you are often in my thoughts and prayers, Nancy. (((Hugs)))

Headed toCollege Town.
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:10 pm

Errands too just over 2 hours outside the house, and I had lunch when I came in.

List of to dos
Errands: 3 hrs max?
-JJill return and walk around store
-pick up dry cleaning
-pick up sentinel for dMuffin
-Grocery? Ground beef and beans for chili for supper, freeze any left

Home
-Finish NY city directory work 1 hr
-Instructions for dog sitter .5 (update prior info with new flights, returns, etc. and new info)
-Recycling from inside bins to garage .5

-Online catalog research for NY public library and NY Center for Jewish History (this could be unlimited time, but will limit to time available as last or later task)
-admin sentinel to ddog nil, goes w her supper
-Pack - this in theory takes from when dcleaning lady finishes today until I close suitcase in the a.m.
-paper taming: could be all day in theory, limit to 1 hr
-contact prior coworker/dfriend J - received text from her best friend that she needs help w packing next week as movers are coming next Friday. eeeek! and I'm away. She broke wrist about three weeks ago and hasn't responded to email and I don't have a current phone. .50?

-What else?

Going to alternate 15 min of city directory work with paper taming and see how that works.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:12 pm

Apparently I've done nothing since my last post except eat breakfast and s2s.

Dh went and picked up his repaired computer. He'll go off to a movie tonight.

We have to walk to the store for veggies for dinner. It is cold and windy today.

I watched an episode of the Crown (to motivate myself to do something, that didn't work) and then talked on the phone for a long time with my music friend. She sent me pictures of her new full grand piano. She lives in a compact row house but on the end of the row so no neighbours on one side. She sold all her dining room furniture and put the piano in there. It is gorgeous (it is a 50 year old refurbished Steinway) but completely fills the room. I'm not sure there's room to put bar stools around if you even wanted to eat on top of the piano!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:29 pm

I ended up doing 30 min working on the city directories then looked at the Center for Jewish History. Didn't find anything that I felt I needed. Of course, with more than a cursory search something might turn up but I'm assuming it's no. They do have some digitized materials I can see from home. Ended up spending rest of that 30 min on a few packing/going away type things: purged refrigerator and refilled meds containers to get me through the trip. Breaking for 15 min now and will work on city directories another 30 min and call it done for now. Need to make note for myself that there is one digitized directory that is missing a chunk of pages, including the ones I need. I can ask at NYPL about it, possibly.

Also emptied dishwasher. When this 30 min is done I need to turn my attention to getting in some steps and packing and....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:08 pm

I am back from an errand.
Sun is trying to peek out from bekind the fog now yea!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:47 pm

Friday/payday YEAH! Despite leaving 4 hours early for the snow day yesterday, I STILL didn't get everything done. There was chaos involving the source of the boarding cats and I had to deal with that. Every time they called, I could not hear them, and probably vice versa. There were some red flags for me in the situation because they had been evicted, wanted me to come to the house they lost, she had an abusive boyfriend in the past, and I was only getting texts not voice. No way to tell who is really on the other end of a text is there? However, it was really her, they had been given an extension by a judge, I delivered their cat crate, and all was well. They wanted me to drive them and the crate across town to sell to someone on Craig's list, but I just dropped it off. This situation is way too off for my comfort already. While I know that most people use that list without a problem, that does not apply when you are already dealing with problems. The police officers I spoke to recommended I not go alone to drop the carrier off, but I couldn't so I had the guy that got me into this mess on the phone as soon as I got out of the car until I drove off. I ended up with a migraine, but was it due to the cutback in sugar or the high stress?

Due to the chaos, DD17 drove herself over, because I did not know my schedule. She arrived early and left early. She says driving is almost as good as swinging for calming, as long as it is not rush hour. When she left, I did some errands, including getting another blood pressure reading. Tomorrow, I need to get fasting blood work done, then make an appointment for a follow up with my MD. I will probably get BP meds.

We had an email last night about 2 hour snow delay this morning, but I don't check email in the morning, so I drove to carpool meetup. After I got back home, I tried to take a 30 minute nap, but failed, very annoying. Ozzy escaped into the garage and I didn't see him, but found him before driving off.

I have made a list for tonight/tomorrow. The most immediate things are dance class and pickup a gift. This weekend is mostly camper prep for Thanksgiving.

I FINALLY got access to a program at payroll I have needed for WEEKS!

I need to do chair work like Harmony, but have put it off. Half are done.

So glad to hear about luclyee's DGD!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:54 pm

Just arrived home from spending the day in the city. Whoosh! The time seems to evaporate.

I am ready for a slower pace for a few hours. I haven't even finished my coffee from this morning or drank my tea for today. In that respect, I am hours behind.

I've got DGD8 set up at the bar working on a sand art kit that DD gave her last night. I've put all the supplies on a cookie sheet to try to corral the colorful sand from going everywhere.

On the way home, we dropped DS11 off at a local BBQ place where he enjoys hanging out. The BBQ owner has taken DS11 under his wing and is mentoring him in some ways. DS11 is hoping to be employed there someday. For now, DS11 does odd jobs and gets paid in food.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:54 pm

I spent my afternoon wrapping T-Day, birthday and yes, Christmas gifts :lol:

Forgot abt the laundry in the dry and stuff in the wash. Guess I’ll do that now. It’s pizza night for Sweetie as I am still recovering from my migraine. Love it cause I just pop it in the oven and stir up a ready made salad for the both of us. I’ll be adding chicken to mine...easy peasy just the way I like it.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:27 pm

Ok, I was only gone about 3 months. How did Elizabeth's daughter get old enough to drive in that time?!?

Dh and I walked for my meds and veggies for dinner. I made myself a chicken stir fry with leftover chicken from last night. Dh just had salad, cold chicken and garlic bread. I measured by bread and had it with 1 tbsp of basil olive oil. One serving of bread is fine with 2 tsp of oil so I know for the future. That side dish adds up to over 200 calories but at least with the oil there's some health benefit. (I tend to have too little fat in my diet.) Dinner is cleaned up. I watched another episode of the Crown. Dh is off at another movie tonight.

I'm having some decaf tea now and debating going to bed.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:59 pm

Elizabeth, most of our chair legs have come out of their holes and we've repaired. Also the rungs between the legs, which would make sense if we sat there and put our feet on those rungs...but we don't. I guess they are just drying out. DH, when he fixes the actual legs puts a small short screw at an angle into the side of the leg at the top into the bottom of the chair to help hold them..also used gorilla glue. The rungs between the legs are too thin to do that. Ours are about 12 years old.

Elizabeth, I have to ask, is a cat safe with these types of people?

Busy day. Mid 50's this morning and I left my favorite flannel PJ's on most of the morning because they are warm and comfortable. I worked on a project at my desk for a while, waiting for the house to warm up before taking my shower. Then I made a list of things for the holiday I could get now, stuff that wouldn't rot, spoil, etc.

Got a haircut first, then shopped at 5 places looking for things and was successful in all but one thing. I am - gulp - going to look online next for the 1 thing. I have a lot of stuff I will need next week... and one more shopping close to Thanksgiving will give me the perishables. I was just looking for recipes (doing the dairy free thing again) and discovered something I did not know was dairy free to use... so now I have a bit of a plan.

Return to “Post When You Can”