Get your game face on — it’s Saturday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Get your game face on — it’s Saturday!

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:05 pm

Finally to our room but bags not here yet we ended up flying into LaGuardia instead of Newark when we missed the ATL to NY flight. Bags went on to Newark. :roll:

But we got to the hotel a couple of hrs ago. Our room wasn’t ready so we checked backpacks and got a decent lunch. Then we walked to a park w ice skating and walked around at the shops there. And back here, we’re in our room and resting. Finally.

Tomorrow is seeing the Long Island cousins in the city and probably going to museum of modern art. I bet we sleep well tonight.

Kathryn, I don’t think it was pricing. I think dh just over estimates my will do keep going and going and going. We’ll be here 6 full days so I don’t feel I need more time here on travel day.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:09 pm

Got the pj's hem marked. Next get them ready for trimming off excess folded over and pinned.
Worked a bit on a crafting project.
Bs is finally better we went out for dinner.
Laundry is in the dryer now.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:11 pm

Twins ...are you near Rockefeller skating rink and the Christmas tree. Know the tree has arrived in the city...all 70 feet of it.

Was able to get my laundry done and ironed a few shirts for Sweetie. My TN game comes on later today so next up is to pull out my suitcase and star staging things for our trip.

I want to be packed on Monday, so I can help Sweetie get his done on Tuesday. Need to remember to pick up some protein bars will I’m out tomorrow.

Hopefully my earring will be done by tomorrow... I’m excited abt that. Monday I have the gym and my haircut appointment... I have my trusty packing list so that really helps me to get ready when I travel
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:17 pm

Twins, will the airlines bring your bags to you? I sure hope so.

Continuing on here. I found a tablecloth that fits this size table and put that on and the runner. Put out my Pilgrim salt and pepper.

I wrapped DGSon's Bday gift. He'll get that whenever they arrive. Made tuna salad for lunch. We took a bike ride, whew! People up the street were having a birthday party for someone, big bounce house in their yard and tables of food. Too bad they didn't invite us. :lol: We don't really know them. :)

House in back of us was sold, new owners have been working like crazy back there. Some sort of big machinery going right now. Former owners burned their siding with their bbq grill. :roll:

I need to visit my colorist tonight. If I have some energy left... Time for dinner.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:31 pm

Hi!

Sitting here waiting for the timer to go off to let us know supper is ready.

Supper tonight will be a salmon casserole.

I actually made it to 1 of the 3 bazaars that I wanted to go to today. It is a church bazaar that I have always missed because I have gone to other ones in the area, so the plan was to start with this one. I had to run a couple of errands in the truck first.

At one point today, all of the dishes were done and put away! There is a load of clothes in the dryer right now.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:07 pm

Home from the pub. Enjoying the quiet!

Dgd is into everything and loves babies. At one point she crawled over to BabyA and gave her a toy and took a toy from her and then reached up and scratched her face (I think she was reaching for the nose, not eyes.) BabyA started to cry so I scooped her up and comforted her. Then each time I tried to remove my arms, she'd pull them back so we had a cuddle for at least 10 minutes. Then her mom showed up. It was chaotic but we all had a short visit during dd's snack time and dsil sent zucchini bread so we had that with tea.

Then BabyA went home and I then played train set with dgs. Dd took dgd out for a walk to go to sleep and then took that hour of quiet to take a shower. I had a video for dgs and I to watch together (I wanted to watch it with him to make sure it was appropriate, it was Thomas the Tank Engine but we recently got him a Thomas book and both dd and I think it wasn't appropriate so now we are extra careful.

Off to the pub once dgd woke up and we had a good evening there. Dgd went poop in a public toilet for the first time (no potty seat, her mom has a special way of holding her over the seat but also has a special song to sing which is also a cue for dgd to poop.) It was almost as much as an adult would go so that was great that dd didn't have to spend ages cleaning that up, especially because she was heading out for the bus/train/bus ride home. Both kids will likely sleep on the way home.

I need to work a bit more on claiming which hymns I want for Advent. I have next week's set, but need the ones for Advent 4, and Christmas Eve decided.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:41 pm

I did some cleaning on the back porch so I could bring out 2 plants I've been keeping in the kitchen. They looked nice up on the TV organizer but didn't get enough light there. I put 1 out on the porch last year and brought it in when it was too cold... and it's been in my kitchen all this time. I need the room on the table now and the counter so took both out there. They grow nice out there but I have to remember to go outside and water more.

Went through pantry and got out all the stuff I'll need for cooking next sev. days. Sniff test tells me the spices are still ok for the pumpkin pie. I made a long list of what else I need to buy.

Throw rugs drying on the porch brought back in to the bathroom. We got really really lucky; the grout is drying to the same color as the old grout. We don't need to redo all that. Yay!

Gave DH a haircut.
I need to visit the haircolorist next. I worked straight through dinner. Still need to eat something.

Return to “Post When You Can”