Get your game face on — it’s Saturday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Get your game face on — it’s Saturday!

Postby lucylee » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:57 am

Ha! We were up at 7:00 am — now we’re on the bus, headed to the game. Dh consented to skip the Tiger Walk (when the team walks to the stadium) because it is raining. So far, my biggest ta da of the day is that I am maintaining a pleasant attitude. I don’t know how long I can do this though. ;) It’s supposed to rain all day.
Sigh.

Whatever your day holds, get your game face on and play to win, all right?
:)
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Re: Get your game face on — it’s Saturday!

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:18 am

LucyLee - Sending you thoughts of strength and courage as you support your team in the rain!

I had a good night's sleep and am feeling almost refreshed after a hard day. The plans for DS11 to participate in an all-day tournament today have fallen through (silent YEAH). I am ready to have a slower-paced day. I prefer days when I have the time to drink my coffee!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:20 am

Lol, Lucy. Ikwym. DH had me up at 4 :15 for a 6 am flight to ATL. Then we had a delay so missed second flight to NYC. I was not a happy camper but having to stop off at Crown room for a real breakfast helped.

We’ve boarded the new flight so we’ll get there. There is no reason on earth we needed a 6 am flight. :shock:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:36 am

Twins: that 6 a.m. flight might have been cheaper! (That's usually my reason, unless it is an connection issue since there are no good destinations from here.)

I'm up. I spent more time exploring two non-important issues. The first my Quicken situation and the second our Paypal situation. We have $$$$ stuck in our US Paypal, too much to spend through PayPal but subject to an 6 - 8% currency conversion if we move it into cash to spend elsewhere. We are not allowed to buy US gift cards with it so can only spend it on items one can purchase with PayPal. United Airlines is our best bet at the moment, but even then, it is so much easier to book using our credit card with travel insurance.

Now I'm scrambling to s2s and eat breakfast before emergency babysitting. This is for our friends downstairs. They are both sick (food poisoning, bad enough for him to spend the night in the hospital) so need a chance to nap and get their strength back. Oh, and dinner at the pub with them tonight will not happen!

It is a sunny day so I'll take the baby to the park for a bit and maybe a long walk is she's dressed correctly. We can go out for coffee later (there's a shop with a play area.) BabyA has just started walking so I need to do a quick child-proofing run through the livingroom as well as get dressed.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:03 pm

Morning...

I was up early and dressed so am ahead of my usual morning routines. I have color in my hair and will take a shower once it is time to rinse it out.

It’s game day for me too Lucylee and plan to use my viewing while:
* dusting the LR and MBR
* folding laundry and putting it away
* ironing Sweeties shirts for the upcoming trip
* getting my steps in on my gazelle

Yesterday my son called to vent his frustrations concerning some home stuff. Used my counseling skills to help him find appropriate solutions to his problems. Most of the problems comes from the usual “ after the first baby is born” issues that most of us have been through. However the real problems is my DIL is suffering from postpartum depression which she refuses to deal with and my son is finally at his wits end over this.

We all know how difficult this is to manage and my son is just frustrated that she won’t handle the problem. I feel for them both because I can see both sides of the problem. My son appreciated my suggestions and has now come up with a plan we hope will work. Fingers crossed on this one.

On a happier note, after months of research I finally decided on the tent I wanted to purchase for my sons Cmas present and ordered it last night. I’m really excited about it and hope it arrives while I’m there to visit.

Timer’s buzzing... thinking of Twins as she travels. I am facing rainy weather when we travel on Wednesday. I have built in extra time for the crowds, but the only thing I can’t control is the weather ... my attitude is ...we’ll get there when we get there, but we WILL get there :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:43 pm

Kathryn - What a wonderful supportive thing to do for this young couple!

RR - Your son is blessed to have you to listen to his concerns and remind him of the other side of the situation. Life with young ones is never easy.

Twins - I hope you have some recovery time after you arrive at the final destination. Are you feeling better from being sick earlier this week?

DH has been on the phone for the past hour working out the logistic of providing support for the latest local person in need. This time is it a single mom working a minimum wage job and is behind in her bills. These types of situations involve extra coordination to investigate & confirm providing support isn't enabling a hidden destructive habit. Yesterday DH coordinated with the local police to provide winter coats for 2 kids in need. It seems there is a different mini-crisis every day.

I've made/serve breakfast to the kids. I'm monitoring my blood sugar waiting until it drops into normal so I can eat. Last time I did this I waited over 25 hours and it never did drop into normal. On one side I'm happy that my blood sugar is stable. But it is stable being HIGH not normal range. I am trying to manual change that before I give up and go to the family doctor for help.

>>>***Pouting****<<< I decided to start buying lettuce again this week. Wouldn't ya know it .....the first lettuce I've bought in a while has to be tossed into the trash due to recall for possible contamination
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:28 pm

Our game day is tomorrow.
I have done breakfast, and 20 min. On stat bike. S2s next up.
Dished floor sew a seam hem a shirt & pj 's.
Too foggy to venture out. Supposed to lift by ten, it did not much just able to see for a block,
dense fog advisory has extended from ten to noon.

Swept dining room.
Fetched mail.
Cleared table off.

Next up work on the kitchen. Some done.
Chop celery. X
Press pin & hem of shirt. X
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:55 pm

BabyA is an angel. I got the cutest shot of her enthralled with dh playing the guitar so we got in a practice and then pulled out the children's songs.

Our own grandchildren do not appreciate this!

Now is snack. Dd will be here shortly for a play date.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:26 pm

Yes, nice thing to do, Kathryn.

LadyM, thank you for telling us about the Romaine. I planned on making a nice big salad with romaine on Thanksgiving. I did not see FL on the list of where people are sick. We get a lot of food from S America and Mexico here.

Wishing Twins a great trip and Lucylee hope the sun comes out and the rain goes away. I can't imagine sitting out in rain like that. I'd need a tent over me.

Another 4 hours' work for DH and I. When we did the floors we noticed some spots needing grout. So we grouted 2 places in the kitchen, 1 big place in master bedroom and 1 big place in master bathroom. We're not sure the grout we used matches. I am not happy. We might have to do all that work over again. :evil:

We also scraped and re calked the space at the base of the backsplash, which meant removing everything from the counters. I washed and scrubbed everything before putting it all back. Big job. I challenge everybody who has a stand up paper towel holder to lift it up and look underneath the bottom. Ugg!

This is not a good plan, doing 12 years of maintenance in 1 month. And right before the holidays. I am getting discouraged because there seems to be no end of it. DH has always worked so hard outside the house I didn't give him to-do lists and I always just did what I could. He took care of the grass and then worked non-stop outside the house besides maintenance on the vehicles so really couldn't do more. Now that he's not very busy... we're trying to catch up.

I don't know how other people keep up. This seems to be an excessive amount of work.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:37 pm

I'm making slow and steady progress on SHE cards. I'm alternating between working and watching youtube videoes on subjects that interest me. Currently, I'm watching an older video Eat, Fast & Live Longer BBC Documentary. When I sit down I start the timer for 15 minutes so I don't sit too long.

A local BBQ place officially opened up today so DH went and bought take out for us to eat. This might not be a big deal for those with options, but until today our little town didn't have a place to get food other than the gas station. Until today it meant a 7-mile (one way) drive to the grocery store and/or a restaurant. I am totally stoked because the owner of the BBQ restaurant has been advertising mostly meat but as of today he also cooked pinto beans. I saw a picture of them being cooked in cast iron pot over the wood. I asked DH to buy me a bowl of the beans so now I have the most wonderful smelling beans waiting for me the moment my blood sugar drops into the normal range.

I've been texting with family members. I think half of my family will be joining us on Thanksgiving Day. We won't be having our typical family only Thanksgiving meal because they will be helping us prep/serve/cleanup for the community meal. The other half of my family is currently traveling (England) so the chance of them joining us is nil.
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”