Sunday Sunrise

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Sunday Sunrise

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:55 pm

Church was good this morning. Afterward, the 6 of us ate lunch together then DGD8 went home with DD.

I'm going to join the napping SHE's this afternoon. I probably won't sleep but I intend to do my best to sit with my feet up for a while.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:03 pm

Put out my Pilgrim salt and pepper.
Would they be the ones from P....x?, Harmony? They're so traditional down here and so cute.

Dh and dd got the area by the front of the house completely cleaned out, weed sprayed it all, but down layers of newspapers then weed barriers. She has a load of paver stones coming tomorrow. They'll lay those then are putting back some of the plants they dug out -in 'container gardening'. Realized yesterday that they needed to go buy edgers for the one side as it slopes down to the sidewalk & didn't want it flowing down. Certainly going to look different and better. There was a lot of green between the porch/walk & garage which was habitat to lizards and occasionally a s...e. Can't even say the word :?

DD had a hockey game at the Lakeland arena this morning but dh and I went to church. So thoroughly enjoy the sermons and the music too. Dh thought about going back to the arena this afternoon with dd, but napped instead. She won't be home till probably nearly 9pm tonight. She's really the only hired scorekeeper they have and her only replacement (whom she trained) went home for Thanksgiving -good for him. The man who owns the rink pays her well. This arena was an old bowling alley. He's taken all the alley wood and made it into counters throughout and/or in the locker rooms. It's really an amazing facility and very unlike many skating arenas. Money is no object for him and everything is pretty top-notch.

Think I'm going to try cleaning the office (again). Sure can mess it up in a hurry in here! :cry:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:30 pm

Got a trash can of leaves raked up.
Good thing about this yr. Tky day dd does not have to cook either or clean. :mrgreen:
Walked the dog.
Did some sewing.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:49 pm

Whew! Didn't see the sunrise today (or yesterday) but I certainly have been up earlier than my preferred wake-up time. And will again tomorrow. (For the window shade man to come measure.)

Kinda frustrated about this whole window shade thing -- dh pointed out that we do not need to put up the Christmas tree until the shades are installed -- because the tree sits right in front of the window. DH said there is not enough room to work around it there and if I try to move the fully-decorated tree after the man arrives, it may all topple over! So... I guess he's right... just saying a prayer we get these done quickly.

We had a good day yesterday, despite the rain, but we left before half time. It was actually dh's suggestion, and VERY unlike him, but he said his feet were soaked and the bottoms of his pants, (and probably the seat of his pants) and he just didn't want to be sitting out soaking wet when the temperature dropped, after the rain. I was THRILLED when he asked if we were okay with leaving, because I was literally nodding off in my seat. DGS acted like he was fine to leave, but later admitted he would have liked to have stayed for all of it -- "But I didn't want to be the only one! I wanted to do what the most people wanted to do!" So now... I bet we'll never in our lifetimes leave another game before the clock reads 0:00! :roll:

So dgs and I went to church this morning but dh stayed home. I took a LONG nap this afternoon. Now we're getting ready to go to another church in our area where ds and his band are singing tonight. Dmom is coming over to meet us here at our house and ride out there with us.
Then the dgrands are (both) spending the night with us -- and will be going to Wmart with us -- because ds has to leave at 7:00 a.m. in the morning for a day trip with his band leader, and ddil will be at school.
And the window shade man is supposed to be here around 8:00 a.m. in the morning.
I have a headache....

I wish I could respond to EVERYONE here... but I better go check on my heat rollers. I'm going to try to fix my hair a little better for tonight.
Tomorrow is another day.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:49 pm

I saw the sunrise yesterday! Lovely way to start the day!

Hi!

I was awake before the sun came up this morning and dh stayed in bed long enough for a but of a cuddle. Usually he has had his coffee before I wake up.

We had fish from Lake Erie with hand cut fries for supper. A friend of dh's caught the fish and gave them to dh last month. They were prepped and ready to cook already.

I had to do business paperwork today, so of course all of the laundry got done and put away and same with the dishes. I kept giving myself breaks to get up and away from the numbers. Dh had 5 customers today, so I popped out to say hi to a couple of them.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:31 pm

Dee, yes the salt & pepper shakers are the one from the supermarket. I've had them for years. They used to be on their TV ad and I just had to have them. I also have their Mr. & Mrs. Clause. I put them out near Christmas.

I also have a light and dark pair of tiny bunny salt & pepper shakers my girls bought me years ago from Hallmark. I treasure them also and I have them out at the other end of the table.

Today must have been nap day in the village. I did get 1 guest bedroom vacuumed and mopped and tidied up, put the skirt cover and topper back on the sewing machine which sits in the corner. That room's all ready for company.

I fell asleep for a bit but didn't sleep much. When I got up DH was already in bed, he'd had something to eat and had closed up the house. I hope I'm feeling better tomorrow. My arm and shoulder is really hurting these days.

Return to “Post When You Can”