Moving Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Moving Monday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:45 pm

I've slumped into a stupor this evening.

Had a great time playing with the grandkids in the children's area of the library. It is the downtown branch, full of homeless people, but the children's area is well patrolled and we had the place to ourselves. I read a couple of books but mostly we played with the toys.

There was a computer touch monitor set up with prep for kindergarten software so dgs went through those animated videos. They weren't particularly useful but were engaging. Even dgd danced away to the silly songs. It was mostly about how you'll have to get up and get going when you go to school each day, so dressing oneself, making a bed, tidying your room, helping get breakfast ready by setting the table and how you will have to work at counting, drawing and letter writing at school.

I've got a prep for kindergarten giant activity book for dgs but he hasn't seemed ready yet. I've put one of the easy sheet on the fridge and when he asks me about it, we'll do it together. So far, no interest.

I left at 1 and was home just before 5. Dh wanted a walk so I walked home from the train station and met him halfway. That got a 20 minute walk in for me.

I had a long email to write (about the LRT and local buses) and in writing it learned that the bus schedule for the added-on bus for us is now available online so I can now plan an adventure on that bus.

I still have laundry to finish up and I never watered the plants today (that will wait now until the morning.) So I need to step away from the computer and do some light housework. Dh both cooked and washed up tonight. We also got a music practice in.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:47 pm

Working fingers to the bone -- LOL --
Last night, dgd had a total meltdown when dh asked her to help unload groceries from the car (she had a been very excited to help while we were in Wmart, and again when loading from the buggy TO the car, but once we were home, oh my... nooooo... she was not in a mood to discuss ANYTHING, and had a screaming, crying FIT. And we only live about 5 minutes from Wmart.)
We were talking to ds later, and dh told him about her throwing her fit, and dgs chimed in -- "Yes, (dgd) wouldn't even carry one little sack, and I was working my FINGERS TO THE BONE!!!"
I don't know where he even heard that expression. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I worked mine to the bone on ds's shower stall today, and to a lesser degree, the kids' tub, but thankfully, ds's shower is no longer a bio-hazard. :roll:

I have also spent some time indulging in "shopping" the bullet journal pages and all that. I think I understand what you are talking about, LadyM, and actually just looked at something that might be in line with what you're saying. Try this link --
https://kalynbrooke.com/house-and-home/house-cleaning-schedule/ If that doesn't take you to the right page, browse around her bullet journal cleaning pages. Looks like a lot of freebie printables here; I don't know yet how she makes her money. ;) I'm just "window shopping."

I haven't s2s today and I haven't washed dishes tonight. After being "ON" since 1:00 pm Friday, I am on strike, I guess. I'll get it done before bedtime.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:20 am

Kathryn, how old is DGD? I've lost track.

Good and bad tonight. Bad: washer kept unbalancing its load. So frustrating. I didn't have it overloading. I never do. It didn't spin very well and I've had one thing in the dryer for 2 cycles and its still wet. This piece of machinery is still spotting my clothes worse than ever. The repairman who was here said it was probably my soap. He said to get a new stain and rub it with bar soap and rinse and it should go away. I changed soaps. I use less. I tried the bar soap. Nadda. It still stains.

DH wanted me to just let it get unbalanced and bang away till it wore itself out and quit. He says he'll go to an appliance store and buy me another. Right. 2 days before Thanksgiving.

The good thing is since I had to stay in the laundry room a couple hours at least I tidied up and cleaned in there. It looks good now, even with the hated machine staring its ugly face at me. And I've always been so grateful that I even had a washer and dryer, because some people don't. Lot of good that did me.

Snif. Oh well, tomorrow's another day. I'll have to finish today's chores then.

I need a new system. What I'm doing just simply is not working.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:02 am

Ta da!
Dishes washed...
I’M washed (including hair!)
Walked away the pounds 17 min.
Even gave myself a facial masque
Watched Young Sheldon and now Blue Bloods
And...
played around a little with bullet journal ideas :)

Harmony, that is terrible about the washer being so aggravating. Maybe the day AFTER Thanksgiving would be a good time to replace it?
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”