Tuesday To-do's

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Tuesday To-do's

Postby lucylee » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:43 am

Oooohhhh... Rose -- I love tacos! (DH, unfortunately, not so much!) I will definitely be watching for it though and maybe I'll find something dh would like,when they get an online menu! (Be sure to let me know!) DS & DDIL and the dgrands love Mexican food too. Congratulations to your ds & his friend, too -- sounds like they are doing great if they already have three restaurants! :shock:

Sending more good wishes for the washer, Harmony!

Where are you headed, Kathryn? (I've been sorta out of the loop lately! Apparently I can be productive or I can be sociable, but not both at the same time!)

Cathy, ddil and ds are joining you tonight with the refrigerator cleaning! Her ddad is cooking our turkey Thursday, and wants them to brine it 24 hours before he gets there. So they had to do some serious rearranging and decluttering. Their refirigerator is a side-by-side type, with the ice maker & water dispenser in the door... and it seems sooo small to me! Dmil had one just like it, and I always thought hers was too small too, LOL. I've never had anything but the old-fashioned freezer on top style. That's all my dmom and both grandmothers ever had, too, so I'm just not used to the narrower space in the other kind.
DDIL does have another stand-up freezer, inherited from dmil, but that won't help out much for stuff like brining a turkey. Or storing deviled eggs, which she brought to me tonight.

BTBO? Someone refresh my memory also... Born to be Organized? Is that right?

Elizabeth, I hope y'all have a great Thanksgiving in your camper!

(((Dee))) I'm so sorry about the situation with your dsisil and all your dbil is going through.
Also, on a brighter note -- WTG on fitting into smaller jeans! :D

I could keep cleaning forever and just never stop. Does anybody ever get that feeling?

Yep, amen to THAT, Harmony. Every year, I get all enthused and think: THIS YEAR. This year I will finally GET MY ACT TOGETHER. I will follow a routine. I will not be lazy. I will establish good habits. And then... life happens.

WTG, Nancy, on your day! I haven't posted much to you either, but I am really inspired by how well you are managing everything and keeping a watch on your bs and diet at the same time. You are doing great! I think a kind of bullet journal is likely the best thing for me too... easy to mix weekly and daily pages to one's own needs.

But that dratted fancy planner KEEPS ON tempting me. I actually put the PDF file in my cart on that website. The PDF file is only $14.99 (but of course, then you have to print out all that stuff, if you really want it in a notebook form, so that's LOTS of paper and ink...) BUT... I'm thinking, I would only have to print what I really wanted/needed... and then only as I go along, like a month at a time.
THEN I think -- WHY am I so obsessed with this??? I HAVE THIS PLAN WORKING FOR MYSELF ALREADY!!! I have my checklist... I have a read-the-Bible plan... I have a weekly (handwritten) bullet-journal style layout in my journal that seems to be just PERFECT for my needs...
I even have all my detailed cleaning typed out in an Excel file personalized for me.
The ONLY thing I do not have is the specific tasks to do each day -- and I KNOW I will not keep up with those so I am just insane to even spend $14.99 on this stupid thing.
(DH said to do whatever I wanted to, but he thinks it's the silliest thing he ever heard of.) :roll: :lol:

:?: :arrow: Does anyone know a good source for 5x8 templates that I could sorta play with online? I tried to download something, but I don't think it worked.
The other BIG drawback to the fancy planner pages is that they are 8x11, and that really is too big for my liking. I really like the 5x8 notebooks.

I think 'know thyself' is an important component of any system. Take what you know will work and tweak the rest. If there's too much to tweak, keep looking for another system.

Excellent thought, Kathryn. I DO know myself, and I KNOW a rigid schedule will NEVER EVER work around here. My life is just not like that.

I am totally swept away by the pretty "face" -- the beautiful fonts and colors. And get this -- if I have ANY talent at all, it is my handwriting. Doodling and writing and "drawing" my name in different styles, block letters, bubble letters... I was practically BORN for the bullet journal! :lol:
BUT... my penmanship is not PERFECT, you see... and the fancy planner lettering IS. :roll:

I think I see what you mean with the problem of looking at one month at a time, LadyM... with the link I posted.
And I have pretty well solved that problem with my own Excel page, too.
I just have to QUIT LOOKING at all the amazing possibilities out there and realize that I am doing the very best thing for me and my life.
Heck... there are men out there who are better looking than dh, but they wouldn't be better husbands for me and they wouldn't be the best thing for my life! ;) :P

See, I can't even make out a BASIC WEEKLY PLAN without knowing it's going to change day by day... but, in a perfect world, here's my "master" plan:
Monday -- Laundry, WHB here at home
Tuesday -- WHB help with ddil
Wednesday -- ???
Thursday -- Catch up, prepare for weekend
Friday -- Family time/travel lots of Fridays to ballgames, you know
Saturday -- Family/free day
Sunday -- Church -- plus groceries, garbage gets put out, allergy shots, refill meds
I don't have a desk day because we always pay bills immediately when they arrive, and dh files everything and takes care of tax stuff at the end of the year. I try to reconcile the checkbook the day the statement arrives.
My goal is to do 15 min at least 4 days a week in the zone for the week.
Other than groceries, other errands are just done as needed because (1) we live close to town and (2) dh doesn't really operate on an "errand day" -- he wants to do stuff when it is needed. But we do try to consolidate trips and do all that is possible when we have one "must do" errand.

Tomorrow -- I know what those question marks for Wednesday will be filled with...
I have to prepare the chicken and dressing for Thursday, and dh and I are certainly hoping we can get the window shades ordered. (We were told to wait till the installer submitted the measurements, which could have been today, but he said certainly would be by tomorrow.) DH wants to go with me to get them, because we ate up all the non-Thanksgiving meals in the freezer/pantry tonight, LOL, and we have to eat out tomorrow! :lol:
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Tuesday To-do's

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:14 am

It's technically still Tuesday, right? I can't sleep and came out to the computer for a bit to see if I could make it easier to fall asleep. Happy travels, RR -and anyone else moving around for this holiday.

Dh and dd both worked the hockey game in Orlando last night. Think they got in a little after 11. I'd elected to stay home and accomplished zilch/notta. :cry:

Hoping all turns out well with turkey brining, LucyLee. :D
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”